GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Northern Rock v UltimateWorrie - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Rock v UltimateWorrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Rock v UltimateWorrie

Hi all,

(2nd thread different account)

This is a loan and NRAM have recently set Mac Hall to chase me, so thought I'd get my details on to my favourite site, after spending much time on other things and scanning my docs.

No claim yet, just want to really check on UE or not.
    This is a pre-April 2007 agreement.

Background:
    Feb 2006 - applied to NR for loan. Emailed Niddy CCA
    Mar 2006 - application agreed and account live
    Jun 2009 - 1st missed payment and now arrears
    Jul 2009 - token payment accepted to Feb 2010. confirmed they are registering account in default with credit agencies.
    Jun 2010 - token payment accepted again to Jun 2011.
    Mar 2011 - token payment period expired . Now assume financial difficulties are resolved so now resume normal monthly payment of £1.
    Sept 2012 - please call us letter
    Nov 2012 ongoing - passed to Mac Hall to chase letter. Since been receiving threatograms from MH to call to discuss options. I've replied for happy to discuss but in writing only. they haven't listened yet.

I'm about to CCA them and send SAR to NR too, but I had some docs already so...
    emailed Niddy CCA

Re: Northern Rock v UltimateWorrier

Secured or not?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Secured or not?
      unsecured

Comment

Awesome fire over your cca then
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Awesome fire over your cca then
          cheers pal, done

Comment

Sadly it's

I'd blag it mind you. Missing PT's template....

Comment

Sadly it's

I'd blag it mind you. Missing PT's template....
              yeah thought it might be. Might have a bit of mileage in the token payment being accepted though. they're desparate to speak to me on the phone and won't put anything in writing.

To be fair to them, they have been the fairest of them all.

Comment

I do feel slight guilt with the guys who play fair, but that lasts for all of 10 minutes lol
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I don't know if this may be of interest.

BBC News - Northern Rock will repay £270m to loan customers

Comment

I believe the rebates are due to none compliance with the new(ish) regulations in the CCA 2006.

Section 77A states that certain information should be included within the annual agreements, and furthermore that if this is not then the creditor cannot claim interest for the period of none compliance.

If true, his is an interesting development in my opinion and i wonder how many other loans this applies to

Comment

It would be brilliant if this applied to them all. Seen it a few times where no statements but still wanting interest.

However and this is the big however. The taxpayer you me and everyone who keeps baling these shysters out will have to cough up as usual.

Can you see any of the leeches that we deal with day in day out having the same eureka moment that actually they are going to do the right thing for a change even if the bottom line is dented?????

They tend to believe themselves above the law so why comply with the law

Comment

I wasn't aware that there were regulations relating to the form and content of annual statements, I was under the impression that the sanction only applied if the statements were not sent.

I don't suppose anyone knows where they are, I certainly would like to examine my own statements to see if they comply.

Comment

It would be interesting to know what NRAM have found.

You can bet your last dollar if it was NR private company they wouldnt be so forthcoming.

And like you its the non sending of annual statements and the charging of interest I was alluding to in my post.

Comment

Hmmm

“77A
                            Statements to be provided in relation to fixed-sum credit agreements
                            (1)
                            The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit—
                            (a)
                            shall, within the period of one year beginning with the day after theday on which the agreement is made, give the debtor a statement underthis section; and
                            (b)
                            after the giving of that statement, shall give the debtor furtherstatements under this section at intervals of not more than one year.
                            (2)
                            Regulations may make provision about the form and content of statementsunder this section

Comment

What the hell does that mean?

More to the point how the hell did NRAM jump from having normal accounts to having accounts they must pay the interest back on??????

Comment

Working...
                              X