GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Citi - Opus - Cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citi - Opus - Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citi - Opus - Cabot

Hi this is a good one!

Long story - very short, Citi rejected reduced payment offer in early 2010 but tried to stitch my OH up with an arrangement which would have cost much more long term.

S.78 requested March 10 ..... Nov 10 letter from Citi confirming no CCA therefore unenforceable and no legal action etc, also sent a cheque to cover £1 fee, which I still have on file.

Opus took over in Jan 11 also confirmed couldn't fulfil S.78 and they paid the £1.00 fee to the CC.

Cabot took over in May 11, they set their solicitors Morgans on the case and we sent P1's CPUTR letter in April 2012, which was ignored.

Aug 12 - Cabot sent an 'External Agency Recovery Notification', Quantum to now deal and if further legal action is required the account will be passed to Wright Hassall Solicitors. (just love the name!)

Quantum wrote and the first sentence of their letter is as follows:- You will be aware that our client may have a Charging Order in place against your property in relation to this debt

Cabot repeated their letter about using an external agency and Quantum were disappointed that the balance remained outstanding.

Sept 12 - Wright Hassall instructed by Quantum, We understand that you may currently have a Charging Order in place on your property.........unless we hear........we may obtain a copy of your credit file....

Oct 12 - Wright Hassall another settle within 10 days letter........BUT they actually state in this one that Any additional proceedings will involve an application being made to the Court to enforce the Judgement previously obtained against you!!!

So I'm looking for a suitable response and I feel that these recent letters need to be reported as this has never been near a court and if I wasn't aware of the way things work, this could be very worrying for any other victims.

I'll have a search through the templates but if someone has any appropriate response then please let me know.

Re: Citi - Opus - Cabot

Have you see this ------> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

I would send that with a copy of the letter you have from Citi
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks in 2 deep will get it prepared, I've used that one recently for another one.

I meant to ask before, I was concerned that the letter didn't state anywhere about not acknowledging the debt, should that be added?

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
        Thanks in 2 deep will get it prepared, I've used that one recently for another one.

I meant to ask before, I was concerned that the letter didn't state anywhere about not acknowledging the debt, should that be added?
        Just send as it is ...........
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying this Flowerpower, I guessed it would be covered!

I really think Wright Hassall need to be taken to task though about lying in their letter about a ccj already being granted!

Comment

Can you clarify that there is definitely no judgment entered against you? Check trustonline at your address and check it out, be 100% certain prior to sending the letter template advised above.....

---> CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I really think Wright Hassall need to be taken to task though about lying in their letter about a ccj already being granted!
              But are you sure they do not already have judgment? Possibly at an old address..... if you're 100% certain they do not please clarify then I'll edit the above template for you, to mention this fact!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for clarifying this Flowerpower, I guessed it would be covered!

Normal proceedure by them and others (HSBC) as if you admit on N1 it seems they assume automatically goes thru as a CCJ, but like in my case the Case was stayed and HSBC ignored the fact Oh! they did not know?, of course the DJ states well Banks do make mistakes, in a W,S . a list of them from the Bank to her and was ignored.

Comment

Thanks for the link Niddy, I was going to do that today.

Nothing registered at current address (10yrs)or previous one!

So will you amend the letter for me please?

We've never seen an N1 claim for this, certainly not at our current address.

Comment

Thanks for the link Niddy, I was going to do that today.

Nothing registered at current address (10yrs)or previous one!

So will you amend the letter for me please?

We've never seen an N1 claim for this, certainly not at our current address.
                    Brilliant, ok leave it with me for a few hours - off into meeting soon, when finished I'll edit it slightly and post here for you to send off - however in the meantime can you get a copy of their latest letter to you, over to me? agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'm at work now so won't be able to get letter to you until later.

Do you want me to upload it her or email it to you?

Comment

What an apt name

Wright hassle

They havent had much luck since they took over Cabot aka Morgans work either when weve dealt with em

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'm at work now so won't be able to get letter to you until later.

Do you want me to upload it her or email it to you?
                          email please

agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                            What an apt name

Wright hassle

They havent had much luck since they took over Cabot aka Morgans work either when weve dealt with em
                            So true, just 2 letters from Paul to these vultures, they scurried away back under the stone they came from.

Comment

I didn't realise they were all part of the same group of

Thanks for all the posts, I'll update as and when

Comment

Working...
                              X