GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Citi - Opus - Cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citi - Opus - Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Citi - Opus - Cabot

Morning

Ok, send this back to Wright Hassall (lol - what a name)!! Also attach a copy of the two letters sent from Opus & Citi and highlight the following parts so they stand out to this shower of shyte (who seem pretty thick to say the least)...

Opus letter, highlight the following:
    We cannot fulfil your section 78 request; we have refunded the fee onto your Opus credit card account and advise that you are still liable for the balance.

Citi letter, highlight the following:
    We apologise for the delay in responding and regret to advise you that although we have attempted to locate the document, to date we have not been successful.....

.....We shall continue to search our records with a view to providing you with a copy of you credit card agreement...

Send it recorded delivery and see what happens

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

On 8th June 2010 I wrote requesting that Citi (the original creditor) supply me a true copy of the executed credit agreement for the above numbered account. In response to this request I was supplied a document, a copy of which is attached, that confirms the lender does not have a copy of the agreement. Not only once but twice. I was told there was no document by both Citi back on 15.10.2010 and again by Opus on 20.01.2011.

Both cannot be incorrect, surely? I presume you're aware that the OFT has stipulated the following;
    Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements. Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
    • a copy of their agreement
    • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
    • a statement of account.

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:
    • make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
    • get a court judgment against the debtor

As I have attached a copy of the letter, from the Original Creditor, confirming they cannot fulfil my CCA Request then I expect you to also follow suit, and stop harassing me. I am not prepared to enter negotiation over a disputed, unenforceable debt and unless you're confident of success in court then please do not waste my time sending idle threats; instead serve me court papers where I will be more than happy to defend my case and fight the finer details, moreso requesting a statement from the court confirming this account is irredeemably unenforceable in line with s.127(3) CCA1974; due to the omission of the prescribed terms, in the prescribed format at account inception; the fact the lender has also confirmed they do not have the original CCA backs up my case that I was totally unaware of the finer points, when this account was opened.

There are several cases now that alleviate the Carey Judgment such as Hayes v HFC, at Blackpool county court in July 2010. She successfully overturned a charging order on her home. Judge Bell agreed that the reconstituted agreement was not accurate. Then you have the case of Kotecha v Phoenix in which Phoenix attempted to recover a debt owed on a HFC bank credit card. The appeal judges agreed the bank had not been able to supply an accurate copy of the original agreement.

Now moving on, I notice that on a few letters from you and Quantum you make some quite severe allegations surrounding a charge that may be present. Please help me out here, provide me details of this charge as I am struggling to grasp how it is possible to get a charge against a non home-owner? Let me elaborate, on a letter dated 1st August 2012, Quantum stated "You will be aware that our client may have a charging order against your property in relation to this debt"; then followed up with another threat dated 20th August 2012 confirming they'll pass the account to someone that might cause me a right hassle with the intention of "further enforcement" which was duly followed up by this hassling firm (yourselves) who start with the classic "you may currently have a charging order in place on your property" to which I then receive the latest letter again reiterating the fact that "you're seeking to enforce the judgment previously gained against me".

The interesting thing about all this; there is no judgment against me. What, do you think you can just go and get a judge to sign a form and that's that? Or do you think if you were that stupid to issue a claim that I'd not know what to do and panic and then pay up? You're surely mistaken, any such claim will be defended to the hilt with a counterclaim forthcoming in the process. Your bullying will, sadly, not wash with me - let me assure you of that. You do not have any judgment, and the fact both you and Quantum have lied and intimidated a debtor to try and get them to pay into a disputed and unenforceable debt puts you in direct breach of varying OFT guidelines and a suitable complaint will be submitted against you both with your regulators including, but not limited to, the OFT, the ICO, Trading Standards, The Legal Ombudsman and SRA along with others as I see fit.

In light of the above, and the fact this account is clearly unenforceable, I expect you to write back and confirm that no further action will be taken and that the account is now closed and no further correspondence will take place; irrespective, unless you do supply a lawful agreement, bear in mind the content of the letter from the Original Creditor, I will not correspond with you again and any threats will be averred and unlawful and vexatious with a counter-claim forthcoming. In the meantime, I require that you clarify your position on this point as failure to do so, even by omission or lack of a response, will be regarded as an attempt to deliberately misrepresent or conceal the legal position regarding this matter to which consideration to appropriate remedial action will be considered with my solicitor.

I also demand confirmation that no charge is regsietered against "my property" and if there is, then I expect proof along with details of the original claim form (POC) as well as the signed and sealed judgment from the court with the CCJ with a copy of the initial CO hearing and final CO hearing because I really do struggle trying to grasp how on earth you've done so much and went to court 3 times already, yet here I am totally in the dark - yet all along I hold the golden nuggat because I have confirmation from the original creditor that they cannot even supply the original agreement so how the hell can any claim be real without anything on which to base any claim?

You really need to explain yourselves here and fast.

Regards,

Sign Digitally
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks ever so Niddy, I'll get it prepared and in the post and will update any developements.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
        Thanks ever so Niddy, I'll get it prepared and in the post and will update any developements.
        good luck
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xxxx the contents of which have been duly noted.
          We have requested some additional information from Cabot Financial, and will return to you once this has been received. Your file will remain on hold until this time.
          If you wish to discuss this matter further in the meantime, please call us on ...............
          Yours sincerely

Illegible signature

pp Wright Hassall..........

So, not brave enough to put their name on!

I guess though that they got the point from the letter and have crawled back from where ever they came from!

I won't be holding my breath for their return.

Thanks again for the letter Niddy, I did amend it slightly because I realised that none of their previous letters made any mention of Citi so I didn't send a copy of the Citi letter, I'll keep that for ammunition later if necessary but I did send a copy of the Opus letter.

Comment

Nice one

Keep us updated. Main thing they cannot enforce right now

Comment

Hi Guys,

It's been some time but Wright Hassall are having another go now and have written referring to their previous letter, whereby they were unable to obtain a copy of the CCA.

They state that Opus have now provided the information to Cabot who have now instructed WH again. Of course, the rest is the usual.... contact us....failure to pay......litigation....etc.

They have attached a copy of the agreement and loads of citi statements going back to 2005 and a few Opus statements from 2010/11. Will have to check our file because I don't think we ever had any Opus statements before.

However, the agreement they've enclosed shows the Associates Capital Corporation as the creditor and the debtor is another person!

There is an Opus letter with it stating that they have enclosed a true copy of the agreement with 'Progressive Credit Ltd' They're an new one on me.

The balance on the Opus letter is different to the one on the WH letter! They really seem to have got their knickers in a right twist!

There is also a 'Bill Authorisation Guide' with yet another clients name and with that, there is a 'disbursement/expenses summary'

Think I may need some assistance again from Niddy to draft another suitable response please if possible.

Comment

Hi MP,
                So they've sent a CCA with someone else's name?!

Niddy will have some fun with that
                They've breached someone else's data protection..I've seen Niddy turn this round on a DCA before. Send him the agreement (unedited) to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk, light blue touch paper and stand back

PS..don't forget to put your user name in the subject line and include a link to your thread...
                Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 16 May 2013, 05:33.

Comment

Pezman had one of these wrong person CCA just recently also.

Not sure how that ended up. Think Niddy wanted it leaving for later.

Progressive Credit Ltd is Sav Credit who are the owners of OPUS, Marbles and Aqua. Also now owner of Santandars Store cards but wont really become the name associated with those until late 2014.

Pezmans post is here
                  http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=213
                  Last edited by ken100464; 16 May 2013, 09:08.

Comment

Associates Capital Corporation was Citi which would tie it in with an OPUS card so they seem to have that about right.

Is this a new trick by the creditors we are all liable for everybodys debts

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                      Hi MP,
                      So they've sent a CCA with someone else's name?!

Niddy will have some fun with that
                      They've breached someone else's data protection..I've seen Niddy turn this round on a DCA before. Send him the agreement (unedited) to agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk, light blue touch paper and stand back

PS..don't forget to put your user name in the subject line and include a link to your thread...
                      Thanks Elsa, just emailed Niddy with the relevant info.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Ken. Reading through that it seems the case I was thinking of was when they sent a whole shedload of other people's data.
                        Still, they clearly haven't sent you your agreement MP so still in default of your request

Comment

Niddy's been in touch and is going to take a look at the paperwork next week.

In the meantime, Cabot have decided to write and advise that due to not reaching an agreement to pay they will be passing the account to Quantun and if further legal action is required, they will pass the account on the Wright Hassall!!!

Wtf!

In view of the fact that the Cabot letter is dated 2 days after the Wright Hassall letter, it really makes you wonder!!!!

Comment

Hi Niddy hasn't got back to me yet but I expect he's very busy.

Today, another letter from Wright Hassall stating that they have been instructed by Quantum to recover etc................

Oh and if they don't hear anything with 10 days, they plan to get a copy of the credit file to obtain a better understanding of your finances.

What assets, employment status and ability to repay!

Call us today....................!

Comment

So sorry. I dealt with a couple today and yours is next.

I'll reply tomorrow bright an early. I promise.

Don't panic. I did read your emails and thus knew it wasn't that urgent. I thought I emailed and said so I apologise if I forgot to.

But seriously; don't worry. If I felt you had reason for concern I'd say so.

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I knew you would be on the case when you got chance.

You did acknowledge my email sorry OH's got no nails left!

Comment

Working...
                                X