• Show
Clear All

• Egg Loan

• Type of account: personal Loan throught egg

• Date commenced: it is dated 19/01/2006

• Approx balance: balance as of last set of arrears notices £13000

• Date last paid: 20th july 2009

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: paying £85.01 a month

• Account owner: with arrow globaL but they say they bare acting on behalf of egg while another letter states it has being assigned to Arrow Global and they are now responible for Data protection etc

have a sar and CCA so will post copies to see what people think as well as a default notice .
    chow for now
    regards
    Last edited by Flowerpower; 30 August 2012, 14:41. Reason: Removed quote and tidied up

Re: Egg Loan

thanks for the advice .If nothing else it lets you feel that you are doing something to fight your own corner rather than being isolated .
    cheers

Comment

have sent the CCA and default notice to be looked at .
      the DN looks incorrect

.Well the DN is bad as it does not specify the actual arrears to remedy. An instalment is not acceptable wording
      so what is the reccommended next move.
      A faulty DN doesn't remove the debt but is it enought to get the default removed ?
      or would they simple issue a new DN with the same dates?
      regards
      Last edited by surycts7; 31 August 2012, 11:31.

Comment

Originally posted by surycts7 View Post
        have sent the CCA and default notice to be looked at .
        the DN looks incorrect

so what is the reccommended next move.
        A faulty DN doesn't remove the debt but is it enought to get the default removed ?
        or would they simple issue a new DN with the same dates?
        regards
        No, a bad DN will not get the default removed.

This will however become very important down the line.

Keep your original DN handy and safe.

Comment

Have a read here ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1915

The fact is you signed electronically in 2006 so they'll manage to recon and get the agreement correct sadly. The DN is bad due to the wording but I am not the expert on DN's - Paul is, as per the link above
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Morningall .
            i have in the past requesteda CCA from Global arrow /egg in regards to my loan with them .
            i recieved their CCA and pretty much aceppted that that was that .
            thanks to you guys on here i have now looked thru years of paper work and statements and found the orignal agreement .
            the sent out one is differnent with some of the t& c missing and what i am hoping is more important the signed on behalf of egg name is different even thought the date is the same .
            they have also said that i signed electronically but the orignal copy has no mention of tick boxes or electronic signing simply a statement saying sign and send back asap.
            my question is how do i best use this information.
            again any advice much appriciated .
            regards

Comment

Does the original have your signature?

Comment

. . . and found the orignal agreement .the sent out one is differnent with some of the t& c missing and what i am hoping is more important the signed on behalf of egg name is different even thought the date is the same .
                they have also said that i signed electronically but the orignal copy has no mention of tick boxes or electronic signing simply a statement saying sign and send back asap.
                my question is how do i best use this information.
                again any advice much appriciated .
                regards
                That's a tricky one. If to prove their recon is false you reveal the original one, you may be shooting yourself in the foot

A lot would depend on whether your original CCA is UE or not, so get that checked out first without letting the creditor know anything just yet. If it was me I would then keep that information to myself until or unless needed further down the line

I have a filing cabinet full of originals in contrast to letters sent by creditors or DCAs admitting they can't find a thing
                Last edited by PlanB; 2 September 2012, 07:33.

Comment

Does the original have your signature?
                  no it only has the signature of a accounts manager for and on behalf of egg .
                  i will write to them asking for a true copy as i don't accept the one they have sent and see if i get a different one again .
                  cheers

Comment

In the meantime, send the original to Niddy.

Comment

no it only has the signature of a accounts manager for and on behalf of egg .
                      i will write to them asking for a true copy as i don't accept the one they have sent and see if i get a different one again .
                      cheers
                      I wouldn't write to them again until you've had a response from Niddy on the CCA in your possession unless they're threatening legal action against you. You don't want them to try too hard to put their mistakes right do you

When the time is right there will be an appropriate template letter on here for you to send them

Comment

thanks for that .I have sent both to niddy who confirms they are both enforceable .My only other angle of attact is that i did a SAR a while back and that shows that the loan was applied for by phone ( contact history printout )so i now need to find out if a phone application requires them to send out a cca .
                        regards

Comment

thanks for that .I have sent both to niddy who confirms they are both enforceable
                          Whilst they may be enforceable in their own right the s77 copy can't be if it's not "honest and accurate". It can't be "honest and accurate" if it'd different from the original in a substantive way.

M1

Comment

heres a question .
                            Egg say that i ticked a box to confirm my signature .The loan was approved on the 28th of decemeber but the tick box /signature is for the 19th of january .
                            surely if the application was online the tick box would need to have being ticked on or before the 28th of january where as a hard copy posted out would have to follow the 28th of decemeber as mine does .
                            again i know that it wasn't a tick box and now need a way to put forward an arguement that supports forgery or not a true copy .
                            regards

Comment

Read it and check for things like tense. Would that information have applied on a standard application form or on an agreement after an application etc

M1

Comment

Working...
                              X