GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Newman CCA response - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newman CCA response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newman CCA response

Hi,

I'm new on here and I'd really appreciate some advice. I have a £2000 debt (among others) with American Express which has been passed on to Newman DCA. I requested a CCA from Newman. They have sent me a printout of what looks like the information that I entered online to apply for the card in (I think) 2006.

Is this what they should have sent? They are now threatening legal action and I'm not sure what to do for the best.

Thanks.

Re: Newman CCA response

If you applied in 2006 then they'll send a recon with tick in the box as permitted by electronic comms order 2004.

Bad date I'm afraid
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've just had another look and I can't see any tick box, just columns of questions (e.g. name, address etc) and my responses.

Comment

Might be useful.

Catalogues..of errors | paulatwatsonssolicitors

s61(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 tells us there must be a document, signed by the Debtor containing the prescribed terms if the agreement is to be enforceable. My Littlewoods account had no document bearing my signature period. So i Littlewoods could not ever recover the money from me end of story.

Now i pause for a moment, because there was a change in the law in 2004 which meant that contracts could be concluded on-line by the debtor ticking a box as an electronic signature. The Consumer Credit Electronic Communications Order 2004 states with effect from 1st January 2005 a contract can be concluded electronically for the purposes of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Now i must also say that just ticking a box doesnt cut the mustard the tick in the box must be on a document containing the prescribed terms if the document is to be enforceable.

Of course as of 6th April 2007 the unenforceable provisions of s127(3 to 5) were removed from the CCA 1974 anyway, so for a catalogue opened after that date even if you never signed an agreement, but you open the account over the phone, then the Court could enforce the agreement. However for any account opened BEFORE 6th April 2007 if you didnt sign an agreement like me then you may well have an unenforceable agreement.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jorindel View Post
          I've just had another look and I can't see any tick box, just columns of questions (e.g. name, address etc) and my responses.
          Yep if you want to email it me to check over.....

Rizzle, remember if after 2004 it's easy to recon using a tick in the box. They can remedy it before court so it's always harder. The above is slightly misleading and is a solicitors take on things.

We work to the layman point of view. If this was taken in 2006 it's 99% going to be enforceable based on the electronic comms order as its easy for the lender to comply and create a valid cca from the info held on files.

As I say if he emails I'm happy to check it over.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Rizzle, remember if after 2004 it's easy to recon using a tick in the box. They can remedy it before court so it's always harder. The above is slightly misleading and is a solicitors take on things.
            Not if nothing with the prescribed terms was ever ticked.

I'll wait for Paul to comment thanks.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Never-in-Doubt, it would be really good if I could email you over a copy - thanks. How do I go about sending you an email?

Comment

Here you go---------->agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                  Not if nothing with the prescribed terms was ever ticked.

I'll wait for Paul to comment thanks.
                  Then they'll recon it as I say. It's the easiest to recon. All the lender needs to do is ensure the PT's are present then add a tick in the box.

Wait for Paul to comment all you want!! It's an open forum and I'm saying it as it is

Comment

Originally posted by jorindel View Post
                    Thanks for the responses. Never-in-Doubt, it would be really good if I could email you over a copy - thanks. How do I go about sending you an email?
                    Should be in Niddy's signature I think?

EDIT: Or I2D's post.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Wait for Paul to comment all you want!! It's an open forum and I'm saying it as it is
                    It is. And I will.
                    Last edited by Riz; 1 June 2012, 11:10.

Comment

Thanks for email

It's only a system screen print of your Customer Account. It's not compliant cos it's nothing; I mean what they've sent is literally a screen print of your back-office customer record.

Muppets. It's based on that and if they took action with that as their lead someone like Paul would rip em a new arse.

I'd send the missing PT's template. Until they comply with s.78 this remains

Comment

Thanks for the advice Niddy. I'll send that letter.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                          yes

If the agreement, or application process never contained the prescribed terms ( for legal interpretation of the word Contain see para 173 Carey v HSBC Bank Plc) then the agreement would be unenforceable. irrespective of the Elec comms order
                          Last edited by Paul.; 1 June 2012, 13:25.

Comment

Thanks. Just needed to double check I was reading that right.

Comment

Working...
                            X