GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global / Fairfax Problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global / Fairfax Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global / Fairfax Problems

Hi
    Looking for some advice. I’ve only just started dealing with this mob and within a few mails it became apparent that they were nothing more than bullies.
    They have sent me letters threatening me with court action if I didn’t pay up. I got in touch and offered a sum I thought I could afford monthly.
    They asked me to send an income/expenditure statement, which I supplied. However, they came back asking for proof of my council tax, a secured loan I have and a breakdown in expenses which I had included pocket money for my children. Unfortunately I have obliged and sent a scanned in image of a letter from the secured loan company and my council tax reminder. Their response to this was to say that I could not include pocket money I give my children in the figures and also the proof of my electric and gas as well as hinting that they would be looking for a figure greater than I had offered, which to me would be unaffordable.
    I then decided to investigate this Fairfax solicitor lot and came across this thread. I would also like to send them a CCA letter but I’m a bit concerned that I have prejudiced my case because I have already entered into communication with them and have sent information which they have requested.
    Also am I right in thinking that an income/expenditure statement is to provide proof of your incoming and outgoings to allow a creditor to assess if you could comfortably manage the payments you have offered not for them to pick and choose what is acceptable expenditure or not to attempt to justified a higher payment.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If you feel this should be on a new thread I will gladly start one.

Re: Arrow Global/Fairfax Solicitors

yes in theory issuing an I & E to them is to show how much you can afford, but they use it and pull it apart to justify wanting more from you, at the end of the day, they have to accept whatever you can afford, and they will, in the end, after a lot of fighting.

But Send a CCA, someone else will confirm but im sure what you have done so far will not predijuce you at all.

I have a few confirmed unenforceable credit cards since sending CCA's for my mothers debt and before that, i had helped her to get them to agree £1 monthly payments, so it hadnt affected anything.

Lets put it this way, maybe you were trying to repay a debt, you thought was yours, until you realised they had no proof you signed up to it? would you keep paying, no.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Arrow Global / Fairfax Problems

SX Guy

Thanks very much for the prompt response I'll print off the CCA and get it posted today, what's the worse that could happen I suppose. they come back with proof and I'll be no worse off than I am just now.

Comment

Can I just add that when you send your CCA request use the template from here CCA Request as it covers all the bases. Have a read around .
        There is a lot of discussion about if you should send income and expenditure forms, personally I believe that a simple one is useful.
        However National Debt line will help you produce one if you need to. But explore the UE route first. Lets face it as SX says, at this point why would you pay a debt that was not legally enfoceable when you have secured debts etc to pay.

Comment

hi Younger100, welcome to AAD

Your story is classic and illustrates why people arrive on here after thinking they were doing the right thing...and realising they're dealing with bloodsuckers who think your only purpose in life is to pay them money. Let the kids have cardboard boxes for Christmas...as long as they get paid!!

Before doing anything, to help us to help you, please provide the following information for each account:
          • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
          Have a read around the forum, starting here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5
          Shep x
          Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 9 May 2012, 08:12.

Comment

Shepherdess

Sorry been busy lately so unable to post a reply. Thanks for the offer but I'm a bit wary of putting that kind of information on the internet, what level of detail would you requuire?

Also just received my fourth threatening letter in 6 weeks even although I am in touch with them, does that maybe indicate they don't have a signed agreement are and just trying to initmidate me or i it just the way the operate.

Haven't sent off my CCA letter yet but was wondering what risks, if any, of going down that route.

Comment

Originally posted by younger100 View Post
              Shepherdess

Sorry been busy lately so unable to post a reply. Thanks for the offer but I'm a bit wary of putting that kind of information on the internet, what level of detail would you requuire?

Also just received my fourth threatening letter in 6 weeks even although I am in touch with them, does that maybe indicate they don't have a signed agreement are and just trying to initmidate me or i it just the way the operate.

Haven't sent off my CCA letter yet but was wondering what risks, if any, of going down that route.
              Hi,
              Have a read of some diaries you will see nothing is asked, it is all confidential and it works.
              Last edited by helmsman; 13 May 2012, 07:14.

Comment

Shepherdess

As helmsman says, there's no need to be wary of putting that information on here. We don't need account numbers or anything like that, it just gives us the information we need to help you.

The only risk (if you can call it that) is that your credit rating is trashed but, as you're already receiving letters threatening court action, yours will already be trashed.
                Have a read of UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS

The advantages are numerous; help and support from the site, template letters, a huge weight off your mind etc. Read this UE - One year on - allaboutFORUMS (it's now 2 years since alland started on the UE route) and see how going down the UE route has benefited people.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My thoughts for what it's worth.
                  To start with it can be hard work, setting up the filing system, keeping everything online up to date etc (but I get a bit anal about it and scan everything and keep it all+a copy+a copy of a copy)

It does get easier quickly and my biggest lesson was to sit back and not deal with things until they need dealing with, so generally no chasing, no overthinking, no worrying. If you get a letter post a summary on here and someone will advise you what to do.

Something else, if you are worried about people juding you and how you got into debt etc do not worry, people that have read my posts on here know an awful lot about me and unlike other sites noone has judged me (apart from Niddy and that is tongue in cheek) . In fact he will not stand for it .

P.S If you send a CCA request you are not commiting yourself to going down any route, you are using your lawful right to ask for a copy of your agreement. What you do after that is up to you and depends on how they reply.
                  As for an I&E there are guidelines out on the internet for what a court will "allow" without question for certain expenditure and as long as you do not go over those without good reason (e.g. my motoring costs are high because I travel 80miles each way to work, or my heating bills are high because I live in a barn in the north of scotland with an aging mother ) they can not argue (they may try but it won't work). Hope you understand what i am saying there
                  Last edited by jon1965; 13 May 2012, 08:50.

Comment

Hi

Quick update posted off my CCA letter recorded delivery on the 21st May, received a replying saying they were contacting their client and my account was on hold on the 8th June. So suppose it time now to just sit and wait see what comes of it.

Thanks again for your support.

Comment

Hi

Quick update posted off my CCA letter recorded delivery on the 21st May, received a replying saying they were contacting their client and my account was on hold on the 8th June. So suppose it time now to just sit and wait see what comes of it.

Thanks again for your support.
                      Good luck. Without the requested info above I will not check any papers you receive back, sorry. Everyone here follows the same simple process, if you don't then unfortunately I cannot assist.

So please provide basic details of the debt, for example dependant on that would depend if we even suggested applying for CCA.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Never-in-doubt

Sorry maybe should have done so first but here goes and hopefully you'll have agreed with a CCA

It's a Credit Card debt, originally MBNA(Virgin), not sure when taken out but I think it would be pre-2007. Current balance is around £8500, last full payment at least a couple of years ago and been on and off on arrangements since, caused mainly by me missing payments and breaking the arrangement and account being passed to different DCA, finally to Fairfax. The others agreed to the payments I offered, usually around £100 more optimistic than I could really afford but Fairfax are demanding even more than that.

I have other CC debt amounting to around £25,000 which I'm currently paying off on arrangements, paying roughly the same as I would have been paying Fairfax had they accepted my offer, for the same approximate debt.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the above info, so why not start a diary and lets look at the whole picture and see if we can't get some of these debts unenforceable...?

It's gotta be worth it, you'll be paying these off for like 20 years if you carry on with unnecessary monthly token payments!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

personally younger, i believe that offering them a payment in these circumstances only encourages them to ask for more. If you offer a payment they take that as a basis for what they believe to be negotiation.

if you have enforceable debts (only if) you would work out your own budget and then tell them what they are getting, not offering, not asking for acceptance, but telling them what their payment will be. The whole point of being in debt is that you were overstretched, why on this Earth would you repeat that situation at the expense of your chidlren???

I would definitely look at the whole picture if I were you, debt is not criminal, it's caused by life and it happens. Look at all your debts, check for UE then think about offers if any are enforceable, you're kind of starting at the end here.........

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                              My thoughts for what it's worth.
                              To start with it can be hard work, setting up the filing system, keeping everything online up to date etc (but I get a bit anal about it and scan everything and keep it all+a copy+a copy of a copy)

It does get easier quickly and my biggest lesson was to sit back and not deal with things until they need dealing with, so generally no chasing, no overthinking, no worrying. If you get a letter post a summary on here and someone will advise you what to do.
                              I am such a liar! I never learnt those lessons but i have been20 creditors and am the biggest stress head. Anyone want to argue?

Comment

Working...
                              X