GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blagging it? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blagging it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blagging it?

I have a CCA which is deemed enforcible. It hasbeen suggested that I 'blag it'. Can anyone explain what this means please?

Thank you.

Re: Blagging it?

Originally posted by baxta59 View Post
    I have a CCA which is deemed enforcible. It hasbeen suggested that I 'blag it'. Can anyone explain what this means please?

Thank you.
    It simply means that you behave exactly as you would have done had it been unenforceable.

The theory is that DCA employees are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, and may not have a clue themselves that the agreement is, in fact, enforceable.

You can always change tactics at any point in the future if it becomes necessary.

SH

Comment

We will treat it as if it is unenforceable let them think we know somthing they don't I've been Blagging one for three years now
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
        It simply means that you behave exactly as you would have done had it been unenforceable.

The theory is that DCA employees are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, and may not have a clue themselves that the agreement is, in fact, enforceable.

You can always change tactics at any point in the future if it becomes necessary.

SH
        Thanks SH
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cool. Well I have some letters to pick up tomorrow so we will see what they have to say now. Thanks guys

Comment

I'm blagging on 1 of mine, or is it 2,
            or 1 of 1, 2 of 1,or 1 of 2
            If they don't know, why should I
            It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Just out of interest what would be a typical response to a dca following up from discovery that a cca is enforcible? In other words, what would be a good way of blagging it?
              Thanks guys
              Last edited by baxta59; 30 April 2012, 17:23.

Comment

From what ive read, missing prescribed terms template is often sent when one is blagging it.

Someone else whos done it may be able to advise better.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                  From what ive read, missing prescribed terms template is often sent when one is blagging it.
                  Exactly, usually you send this to start ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I am actually rather, dare I say it, enjoying this. The knowledge base and help on this site is second to none and I for one tip my hat to you all. I have gone from feeling completely miserable to being extremely buoyant and even if the worse happens, the journey has been worthwhile. I do so love a good fight.
                    I will keep you posted when they finally get back to me again and I have replied with the 'missing prescribed terms'
                    Thank you!

Comment

I am actually rather, dare I say it, enjoying this. The knowledge base and help on this site is second to none and I for one tip my hat to you all. I have gone from feeling completely miserable to being extremely buoyant and even if the worse happens, the journey has been worthwhile. I do so love a good fight.
                      I will keep you posted when they finally get back to me again and I have replied with the 'missing prescribed terms'
                      Thank you!
                      I sent this letter when I started to "blag" an enforceable account. And then i was greeted by another dca who is now "investigating my issue" and the account is on hold and has been since about September last year. DCA seems to be in quite a pickle.

Defo worked for me in buying time.

Oh and in the meantime I have received "offers" of F&F from the dcas too.

Comment

Me again
                        Seems like I have more mail posted to my drop point so I shall be picking up tonight. Just another thought. Would it be worth just sending a statute barred letter even if it isn't? Just to clog up the system or would this be a mistake?
                        As always, many thanks

Comment

Me again
                          Seems like I have more mail posted to my drop point so I shall be picking up tonight. Just another thought. Would it be worth just sending a statute barred letter even if it isn't? Just to clog up the system or would this be a mistake?
                          As always, many thanks
                          wait and see what they've sent then update us
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok Nid...will do.

Comment

Yay....One debt to Capital One written off as they apparently do not keep any records that far back. Lowell have now closed the account unless a copy of the agreement becomes available in the future from Capital One.

Another small debt is proving tiresome. I am being chased for a couple of hundred quid by TBI. Initially I agreed to pay £50 a month to clear it. I then forgot about it to be honest and when I received a snotty letter from TBI it just narked me. I got a threatening letter so sent them a cheque for £25 and a balance sheet. I today received a letter from them (unfortunately there has been a delay in my collecting the letter which was posted to me on the 9th) saying that if I did not pay the £178.50 balance by today they will take me to court.
                              Can they do that despite my making a payment since their previous letter?
                              I have now written a response and enclosed a further cheque for £25. Do you think they will still take me to court over such a paltry sum even though I am making, albeit reduced, payments?
                              Many thanks

Ps Not heard anything about the two larger debts as outlined in my diary. Fingers crossed
                              Last edited by baxta59; 28 May 2012, 20:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X