GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Canada Square Operations & Egg & CRP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Square Operations & Egg & CRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Square Operations & Egg & CRP

Morning all,

Had a random letter yesterday from Canada Square Operations (new name for Egg from what I gather form letter).

It is in relation the Cardholder Repayment Protection that was on the card (CRP). The card is enforceable (Niddy checked) and been paying cabot financial on it for several years now.

The letter make sole ref to CRP and asks me to complete a questionnaire in relation to it possibly been missold. It doesn't have my account balance or account status on the letter at all - just the card number. But one question does asak if the account is or ever was in arrears and the current situation of the account.

1 - curious if anyone else has this unprovoked letter?
    2 - worth responding to it? the account is enforceable and in an arrangement after all?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Canada Square Operations & Egg & CRP

Cant advise what is best going forward on this.

But would suggest when the CRP company got smacked by the regulator with the big fine in the autumn then part of the conditions imposed was they had to search out who they had sold it to.

That bit would fit in with your unprovoked letter.

We have this on a long dead Barclaycard. Its peanuts really but we wrote to Barclaycard asking for it back.

Very surprisingly Barclaycard have responded very pleasantly (not to say we are going to get anything mind) and said they will be passing it onto the CRP company.

But would suggest you wait for a brighter mind than mine as to if its worth reclaiming. Its annual premiums and peanuts compared to PPI.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Cant advise what is best going forward on this.

But would suggest when the CRP company got smacked by the regulator with the big fine in the autumn then part of the conditions imposed was they had to search out who they had sold it to.

That bit would fit in with your unprovoked letter.

We have this on a long dead Barclaycard. Its peanuts really but we wrote to Barclaycard asking for it back.

Very surprisingly Barclaycard have responded very pleasantly (not to say we are going to get anything mind) and said they will be passing it onto the CRP company.

But would suggest you wait for a brighter mind than mine as to if its worth reclaiming. Its annual premiums and peanuts compared to PPI.
      Thanks for taking the time to reply - i can't even begin to imagine how much it would be or if I've given it a second thought. The account defaulted in 2008. My only issue really is the amount of interest charged on the premiums really. As I was only successful in getting the DCA to stop charging interest in 2011 after finding this forum.

Comment

Malamute.

Just seen this is an Egg card with Cabot.

You maybe interested to read the end of Lovemoneys and my diary.

Both have Egg cards where we were paying, one indeed was with Cabot.

Both ours were enforceable. However closer inspection of mine revealed a recon being passed off as the original. Good attempt aswell.

Both DCA's seemingly have run up white flags on a missing p/t letter only.

Bit unexpected but there you go.

Also think SXGuy and someone else have had Egg accounts written off without much of a fight.

Comment

Malamute.

Just seen this is an Egg card with Cabot.

You maybe interested to read the end of Lovemoneys and my diary.

Both have Egg cards where we were paying, one indeed was with Cabot.

Both ours were enforceable. However closer inspection of mine revealed a recon being passed off as the original. Good attempt aswell.

Both DCA's seemingly have run up white flags on a missing p/t letter only.

Bit unexpected but there you go.

Also think SXGuy and someone else have had Egg accounts written off without much of a fight.
          Really?! will take a look.

Due to the fact this account was already being paid, I had the agreement checked by niddy and didn't blag it after he said deemed it enforceable (plus its quite large now around 10k from 14k default).

Comment

Yes but maybe because ours are alot less. But you never know how DCA's minds work.

Our DCA had the OH in such a blind flunk that she was basically paying them whatever they asked.

6 months later we have a they accept the account is UE, cant be held responsible for the paperwork coming out of Canada Square and have reverted with the missing P/T letters points to Canada Square. In the meantime our account is out of collections and they will not contact us unless they can resolve our dispute.

Lovemoney got an account closed letter as did SX.

Debt obviously hasnt been written off but they seemingly dont want to touch it with a bargepole once confronted.

The Egg/Marlin thread will be a good read as the requests for CCA's are just starting to go out. Will be interesting what will come back.

Comment

Everytime I see Canada Square mentioned - HSBC head office comes to mind.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ah indeed - not wanting to doubt Niddy by any means but worth a read of the other threads.

Thanks!

Comment

Dont think our bankers can be held up as great thinkers.

Citi the owners of rump egg have their HQ UK at Canada Square next door to HSBC.

High level board meeting.

What will we call the winding up part of Egg now we sold it boys?????

errrrrrr ummmmm errrrrr ummmmm Canada Square operations boss????

Brilliant give that boy an office, no make him deputy CEO he will go far.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    Everytime I see Canada Square mentioned - HSBC head office comes to mind.
                    Ya know what i thought that when i read the back of the envelop - thought...mmmmmmm who do we "owe" at Canada Square?........

Comment

Dont think our bankers can be held up as great thinkers.

Citi the owners of rump egg have their HQ UK at Canada Square next door to HSBC.

High level board meeting.

What will we call the winding up part of Egg now we sold it boys?????

errrrrrr ummmmm errrrrr ummmmm Canada Square operations boss????

Brilliant give that boy an office, no make him deputy CEO he will go far.

Could chuck him out of the window from top floor? oopppssssssss
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Malamute.

Just to let you know we had a claim in for this Card Protection with Barclaycard.

They coughed today on one letter. Not a million £'s but would rather in my pocket than theirs.

How did you get along with your claim seeing as they are contacting you as they should be doing.

Comment

How do you go about reclaiming on the Card Protection Plan? I had it from around 2000 (I think), but it wasn't for a Barclaycard, it was from the A&L. Also in 2005 I signed up for a policy against ID theft on top of the CPP. I may even be able to dig up some old paperwork because this is too old to show up on a SAR and the A&L no longer exists.

I see there is now a thread dedicated to this subject. Well done.
                          Last edited by vasarely; 20 April 2013, 12:03. Reason: Added reference to new thread

Comment

Malamute.

Just to let you know we had a claim in for this Card Protection with Barclaycard.

They coughed today on one letter. Not a million £'s but would rather in my pocket than theirs.

How did you get along with your claim seeing as they are contacting you as they should be doing.
                            Nice one Ken.
                            DTMM

Comment

Great news Ken, well done!

Comment

Working...
                              X