GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mr Conf reclaims! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Conf reclaims!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Conf reclaims!

hello....i'm starting this post on behalf of Mr Confused, i'll probably refer to them as my accounts as it's easier but i can't actually reclaim mine due to br.

Ok, we've found paperwork relating to:

Lloyds TSB bank charges

LLoyds TSB PPI on a credit card statement
    Capital One CC
    Marbles CC
    Egg CC
    MBNA CC

First National Wagon Finance loan
    LLoyds TSB loan
    Black Horse loan

Comet / GE Capital Bank HP agreement
    Way Acc / GE Capital Bank HP agreement

We are looking to try and reclaim PPI where applicable and bank and credit card charges. I'm just not quite sure where to start? I was thinking of sending a SAR £10 to Lloyds TSB because he has had two loans, a credit card and a current account with them so we should get plenty to get our teeth stuck into. If i send the £1 ones to the others will that at least tell us if they had PPI?

My understanding is that we can look at reclaiming PPI back for an unlimited period, but the bank charges only for the last 6 years, i will go and read up a bit more to make sure i've got that right Most of the above are historic over the last few years, exact dates aren't known at this stage

Thanks for any pointers, i'm off to read some more diaries etc x
    Last edited by confused76; 25 February 2012, 22:10.

Re: Mr Conf reclaims!

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
    hello....i'm starting this post on behalf of Mr Confused, i'll probably refer to them as my accounts as it's easier but i can't actually reclaim mine due to br.

Ok, we've found paperwork relating to:

Lloyds TSB bank charges

LLoyds TSB PPI on a credit card statement
    Capital One CC
    Marbles CC
    Egg CC
    MBNA CC

First National Wagon Finance loan
    LLoyds TSB loan
    Black Horse loan

Comet / GE Capital Bank HP agreement
    Way Acc / GE Capital Bank HP agreement

We are looking to try and reclaim PPI where applicable and bank and credit card charges. I'm just not quite sure where to start? I was thinking of sending a SAR £10 to Lloyds TSB because he has had two loans, a credit card and a current account with them so we should get plenty to get our teeth stuck into. If i send the £1 ones to the others will that at least tell us if they had PPI?

My understanding is that we can look at reclaiming PPI back for an unlimited period, but the bank charges only for the last 6 years, i will go and read up a bit more to make sure i've got that right Most of the above are historic over the last few years, exact dates aren't known at this stage

Thanks for any pointers, i'm off to read some more diaries etc x

Hi hon

WOW some money to come back there then?

Yes if you've no paperwork a SAR will defo help.

You can of course request for copies of the credit agreements for the £1.

If you had so many accounts with the same banks etc, then one SAR is sufficient with one payment, as they should enclose copies of everything taken out with them, if you banked with lloyds (Mr Conf), if he uses the bank account number this way they will send everything taken out with them, I was lucky to receive data going back to the late 90's.
    If Mr Conf did not bank with say lloyds, I would enclose all the account numbers on one SAR, just to make sure nothing is missed.

As soon as you have the details, we can of course fire away on the reclaiming of the PPI.
    What you do is complete a reclaim questionnaire for each one you have, send to the responsible party/bank/business who set up and sold the loans with ppi, credit cards and so on, keep copies.

Allow up to 8 weeks, but you should receive a confirmation from each company within a week or 2.

A link to the reclaim questionnaire below, issued by the Financial ombudsman service, so if you keep copies and if you need to complain to them later on, you can send them the copies as your complaints, to save going over it all over again.

Hope this helps honey.
    You can still continue to make a reclaim if you have the account numbers, and whilst waiting for the SAR data if you want to.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

As as always, use recorded/signed for post for proof of posting.

Ask for help anytime, good luck x

Comment

The charges side of it, I would keep separately to that of the PPI Reclaiming, and getting hold of the details will be a help before the letter went out on this one. x

Comment

I would try your luck on even older accounts, because myself and lots and lots of others have still been successful on the ppi reclaiming from accounts taken out pre 90's. x

Comment

Ahh thanks for your reply Di

We've got no idea what had PPI and what hadn't but one of those credit cards and one of those loans with Lloyds definitely had so i think we'll SAR Lloyds and take it from there. We can't afford to SAR them all at once

I'll be hoping to pick your brains over the next few weeks hunni, hope you don't mind! xx

Comment

Ahh thanks for your reply Di

We've got no idea what had PPI and what hadn't but one of those credit cards and one of those loans with Lloyds definitely had so i think we'll SAR Lloyds and take it from there. We can't afford to SAR them all at once

I'll be hoping to pick your brains over the next few weeks hunni, hope you don't mind! xx
            Hi hon

Yes of course I will help lol lol.

It can soon add up to be very expensive SAR's etc.

When my son made a reclaim on a store card, he wrote to them to try his luck on his paperwork, well I did on his behalf, wasnt expecting them to send anything without an official request (SAR) but they did, that saved him money, some are more lenient than others.

If you can manage getting hold of the CCA's for £1, that is a great start to know you had PPI. xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              I would try your luck on even older accounts, because myself and lots and lots of others have still been successful on the ppi reclaiming from accounts taken out pre 90's. x
              Oh really? that's good news isn't it! I was reading the success thread earlier, some good successes!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Hi hon

Yes of course I will help lol lol.

It can soon add up to be very expensive SAR's etc.

When my son made a reclaim on a store card, he wrote to them to try his luck on his paperwork, well I did on his behalf, wasnt expecting them to send anything without an official request (SAR) but they did, that saved him money, some are more lenient than others.

If you can manage getting hold of the CCA's for £1, that is a great start to know you had PPI. xx
                ahh thanks hunni

I think it'll be worth the £10 as Lloyds *should* be plenty of information....i'll try the £1 ones with everyone else to get us started

thanks for your help xx

Comment

Your VERY welcome Xx

Comment

Hi

Cant add to what Di has said - she is spot on.

Other than stick with it and keep at 'em - they will try everything to throw you off the trail.
                    Once you get to the offer stage do not take the first offer ,unless you know that it is correct - again they will try and 'do' you again here by paying as little as they can get away with.

Good luck.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                      Hi

Cant add to what Di has said - she is spot on.

Other than stick with it and keep at 'em - they will try everything to throw you off the trail.
                      Once you get to the offer stage do not take the first offer ,unless you know that it is correct - again they will try and 'do' you again here by paying as little as they can get away with.

Good luck.

Matty
                      thanks for the advice Matty...i've asked Mr C if i can do the letters, nothing to lose, maybe something to gain....think i'll enjoy this it'll be interesting to see what they come back with! xx

Comment

thanks for the advice Matty...i've asked Mr C if i can do the letters, nothing to lose, maybe something to gain....think i'll enjoy this it'll be interesting to see what they come back with! xx

It should be " I've told Mr C, I'm doing the letters"
                        It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post

It should be " I've told Mr C, I'm doing the letters"
                          well you could be right he's not complaining though

Comment

lmao

Comment

Good Luck Conf........
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X