GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSPF sold debt to CapQuest who sold debt to Lowell Portfolio 1 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSPF sold debt to CapQuest who sold debt to Lowell Portfolio 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSPF sold debt to CapQuest who sold debt to Lowell Portfolio 1

Hello, I'm a bit confused as to how this all works so would be most grateful if I could get any help from you lovely people.

In October 2008 I took out a loan with HSPF to help with moving house, our landlords suddenly sprung on us that they were selling and we had four weeks to move.
    The loan was for £15,000 because we were greedy, stupid and both working at the time. Plus we had an overdraft and credit cards to pay off.
    We paid the amount requested every month without fail until 2011 when my other half lost their job. I then started paying in dribs and drabs whatever I could spare from our meagre budget. Sometimes £50, other times £200.

At some point in 2012 HSPF sold the debt to CapQuest who wrote to me increasingly demanding letters which I chose to ignore as my debt is with HSPF not anyone else.

For some stupid reason I made an online payment of £12 to HSPF in November 2012 and again the same amount in February 2013... (Freind advised me to 'at least look like your making an effort')

CapQuest stopped writing to me. I presume as I had never entered into any conversation with them either via telephone, letter or in person as they (despite threatening to) never sent anyone round.

August 2013 I get a Personal Loan Statement from HSPF...? I thought they'd sold the debt.. or had I by paying the randoms reopened it?

Then this morning I get a letter from Lowell Portfolio 1 saying my debt with HBOS PLC was sold to them 4 weeks ago and they will now be recovering what I owe.

What should my next step be?

Re: HSPF sold debt to CapQuest who sold debt to Lowell Portfolio 1

ooh not sure why I have a capital U in my name! sorry...

Comment

hi & Welcome

Send a CCA request off - to Lowell (someone will post the link for you)

do you want us to change the U to u?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes please.. looks odd! lol

I can see from my Experian report they (Lowell) did a search in March 2013.

Should I send the CCA request now or leave them be like I did with CapQuest..?

Also.. if I do need to send the request wouldn't next week be better as it ties up with Christmas? lol

Comment

I wouldn't wait to get it sent off.

Here's the template ---> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...2-cca-requests remembering to sign digitally and send recorded delivery.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If anything send the CCA Friday so it gets there next week; then when they respond let's see what they have - then we'll be able to assist better with your options etc

username has been updated so login using all small-case now.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              I wouldn't wait to get it sent off.

Here's the template ---> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...2-cca-requests remembering to sign digitally and send recorded delivery.
              Sorry what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                Sorry what does that mean?
                Have a look here -- > User Guide - Sign Digitally
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Awesome thank you

Comment

Sorry one more question... the template says Dear Sirs.. do I change that to Andrew Bartle as that is who has signed the letter to me ..

Also... should I add my address and theirs to the top as one usually would with a letter or is that not advised?

Comment

Yes they are templates. You need to personalise it into a proper letter with the date and your name & address etc

Comment

Thank you.. and I lied.. that wasn't my last question lol... I only see a PO Box address.. how will this work with a signed for letter?

Comment

You only send it proof of postage which is free at post office, that works fine as it is proof you went to the PO with the letter

However lowell live here

Lowell Group
                          Enterprise House
                          1 Apex View
                          LEEDS
                          West Yorkshire
                          LS11 9BH

Comment

Ahh excellent stuff..

so postal order for £1 with nothing written on..... the template letter... digi sig... all tot his address

Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd
                            Enterprise House
                            1 apex view
                            leeds
                            ls11 9bh

(I think that address is still correct.. Google gave it to me)

With just proof of postage...

Seems too simple!

Comment

I edited my post with Lowell's address so yes, use that.

Comment

Working...
                              X