GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hi Everyone............ Please help if poss ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Everyone............ Please help if poss ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone............ Please help if poss ?

Hey everybody, first of all let me say that I am quite new to all this forum scene but am hoping it is gonna help me out... As I really need some help, lol.
    Here is my situation.......

A few years ago I went a bit crazy on the borrowing of money and credit cards, overdraft etc etc. I maxed them all out and ran away... Not the most sensible of ideas I know but I didnt really think about it at the time. Since then a lot has happened in my life family losses, my house burning down (with all paperwork) to mention a few. Which in turn means I have no info about any of my previous downfalls.

Now I am ready to find out exactly how much I owe and to whom, as its not just me anymore, I have a family slowly being built and have to take my head out the sand !! I have applied for a credit report from expedia but know nothing else about where to go from here and what are the best steps to take ???

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Re: Hi Everyone............ Please help if poss ?

Hi and welcome please could you read the post below from Never-in-Doubt what to do next. The more information the better. Once you know all your debts.

Please do one post for each account and set out as Niddy as done.

Best wishes
    IF…x

To help me, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Last edited by IF; 11 April 2013, 19:11.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Ok I will have to wait until I get my credit report back from expedia to find out all the details in full, atm as far as I am aware i had 2 credit cards, one with a 1500 limit and one with a 1000 limit, I also had an overdraft of 1000, all of these were taken out 3-4 years ago and nothing was paid back (silly boy) These are only the ones I am aware of but will wait for results from expedia ?!?!?!

Comment

Is anybody chasing you Chrily, bank, debt collector?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrily12 View Post
          Ok I will have to wait until I get my credit report back from expedia to find out all the details in full, atm as far as I am aware i had 2 credit cards, one with a 1500 limit and one with a 1000 limit, I also had an overdraft of 1000, all of these were taken out 3-4 years ago and nothing was paid back (silly boy) These are only the ones I am aware of but will wait for results from expedia ?!?!?!
          To be honest with you, I wouldn't have bothered sending for any credit report if no-one was chasing me for money. Now that you've sent for your credit report however, they probably will..... as this will flag you up through the linked information that you've provided.

What's done is done.... but that doesn't mean that you need to rush and make contact with anyone. if I were you, I'd sit tight and see who gets in touch. Then come back and we'll take things from there.
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrily12 View Post
            That'll be Experian, the CRA? There are two others, not all lenders report to Experian - some use Equifax, for instance.

However you ought to have left sleeping dogs and all that.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Would have let the sleeping dogs lay but its kinda doin my head in that at any moment something could (might not) but could bite me in the backside... Family on the way and all that lol. Just need the peace of mind more than nything.... I will wait to see what the report says and then jump back on here if that cool, just a few voices who know what they are on about is all good in my books. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X