GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hoseasons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoseasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoseasons

Hello all,
    Not sure if i have posted in the right section, but here goes anyway..
    After finding out that my OH has yet another health issue, which could yet prove to be very serious, someone offered us help to take a holiday in the Summer.
    I paid the initial low deposit on offer of £25.. with Hose-seasons.
    It should have been £150.00 but reduced as per offer.
    Shortly after making the booking the help we were promised had to be revoked due to the person making the offer of help also falling on hard times.
    So i cancelled the holiday, but then i received a letter through the post demanding the additional £125.00 deposit.
    Ok, the terms and conditions tell you clearly what the implications are of booking on a low deposit offer, and i have no problem with that.
    But today i have received a final notice to pay up within 10 days or they will start proceedings to recover the balance.
    Now i have no chance of finding that amount in that time span...
    Any suggestions on how to proceed??
    From looking around these people do not hang about.
    Is it just a case of sending an offer of payment at level i can afford???
    Any comments would be most appreciated.
    Steve

Re: Hoseasons

Sorry to hear about your other half Steve.

Have you appealed to their better nature (if they have one)?

It isn't as if you've cancelled at the last minute.

Hopefully someone will be along who'll be able to offer more constructive help but didn't want to read and run.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie,
      I sent an email but they just ignored it, handed it straight over to credit control....
      I have looked around a bit and they don't mess about.
      I'm not at all bothered if they want to take me to court, i will only pay what i can afford.
      Thanks again Pix, kind words as always...
      Steve

Comment

Hi

My experience of them from a couple of years ago when I fell into financial difficulty was that I offered to pay the deposit over 3 months which they accepted with no quibbles or threats.

I would write to them and see what they say.

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          Hi

My experience of them from a couple of years ago when I fell into financial difficulty was that I offered to pay the deposit over 3 months which they accepted with no quibbles or threats.

I would write to them and see what they say.

Best
          SnV
          Thanks Salty, i think that makes sense and will go down that path...
          Cheers for the reply, very helpful,,,
          Steve

Comment

Just wondered what the full price is/was. If you have to pay the balance of £125 in total or each, what would be the difference between that and say a few days holiday in the autumn.

You could plead your case and tell them the circumstance and how it would be difficult for you to pay the deposit, and just see if they respond to 'how much you were looking forward to the holiday' and 'if they could hold the deposit for a future holiday'. Perhaps they could transfer it to a long weekend break. In that way you would get a break and they would get their money.

Although I can see that they are abiding by their booking regs, a change months in advance, should not have cost them that much to process.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
              Just wondered what the full price is/was. If you have to pay the balance of £125 in total or each, what would be the difference between that and say a few days holiday in the autumn.

You could plead your case and tell them the circumstance and how it would be difficult for you to pay the deposit, and just see if they respond to 'how much you were looking forward to the holiday' and 'if they could hold the deposit for a future holiday'. Perhaps they could transfer it to a long weekend break. In that way you would get a break and they would get their money.

Although I can see that they are abiding by their booking regs, a change months in advance, should not have cost them that much to process.

Good luck.
              Hey thanks for the reply Julian,
              I think i may just put this down to experience, i have gone off Hose-seasons at the moment........hey its my own fault though....should have read the small print.....will i ever learn...
              Steve

Comment

Why not air your problem on their facebook page in public, emphasising how ill your wife is etc...you never know...
                https://www.facebook.com/hoseasons

Comment

That's a good idea Elsa. I never even thought about them having a facebook page.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

They seem to answer quite quickly on there...

Comment

I'll post there and send them to this thread

See how they like that! The way they are treating you is vile, did you actually cancel within 14 days? If so then you're covered by DSR. I am happy to run this on Consumer Revenge if necessary

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ho1.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1393588
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Righty ho,

Their terms are here --> http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/pdfs/UK-L...Terms-2012.pdf

You'll clearly see at the base of page 1 and start of page 2 that they are agents who charge you for cancellation, but will not be held liable if THEY need to make any changes and/or cancellations.

Ergo Unfair Terms (The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999) must surely kick in. See --> Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts - The Office of Fair Trading
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Blown away by the response to this one....all i can say is a heart felt thank you.
                          I booked the holiday on the 1st February 2013 and cancelled on the 3rd March.
                          I did not use my wife as the reason for cancellation but financial issues.
                          I think a letter to Hoseaseasons explaining the full story may be a possibility...
                          Or do i go down the unfair terms route????
                          To be honest i am a bit up and down just now, this seems such a minor issue in the scheme of things.....
                          Steve

Comment

I would sit tight, remind me over the weekend and on monday I'll sort a nice wee letter for you to their CEO (Richard Carrick)

Comment

Then it's just what you need to put this lot in their place. It'll make you feel better. Don't let them pi$$ on you when you're down Steve.
                              Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                              X