GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hoseasons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoseasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoseasons

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I would sit tight, remind me over the weekend and on monday I'll sort a nice wee letter for you to their CEO (Richard Carrick)
    Ok mate, will do..my thanks as usual.....have a good weekend matey....
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      Then it's just what you need to put this lot in their place. It'll make you feel better. Don't let them pi$$ on you when you're down Steve.
      Elsa x
      Thanks Elsa...
      Steve

Comment

You too matey. Try not to let this add to your problems.

I think their terms leave a lot to be desired and the fact it's due to your wife's illness then I'm sorry, they're not financially worse off so they can swing for the deposit. If it meant that much they should have taken it all at booking.

Terms mean nothing till tested in court. Let's see if they REALLY want to try bullying you being you're a mate of mine

You might be preoccupied to fight. I'll make time
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks once again,
          Best thing that happened to me for a long time was finding this site...
          I wrote another email confirming the reasons once again why i cancelled,

I have received from your credit control department an urgent reminder of payment of £125.00 due in 10 days from the day sent on 2/4/13. My initial mail mentioned my financial circumstances as the reason for cancellation, and because it was just a month from booking to cancellation i thought that may be taken into account.The financial burden is part of the problem, my wife has serious heath issues that are being investigated and there is a possibility that cancer is the cause.Those investigations are ongoing and she is due to attend hospital for further investigation.We also have a disabled daughter who my wife cares for full time.The whole situation was so bad that is why i tried to give a break from the worry by booking a holiday for them.I accept that the cancellation implications are in the terms and conditions, but i never read them, and no one pointed that out to me during or after booking.In fact i never received anything by email or post showing deposit and balance.I will pay back the £125.00 if you still want to peruse, but it will be at an amount i can afford each month.I await your response.Many thanks

Tody's response from Hoseseason:
          Dear Mr *********

Thank you for your email.

If you would like to set up a payment plan to pay off part of the balance each month that is fine, if you write to our credit control department they will be able to help you set this up.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Lauren S****
          Hoseasons Holidays
          Steve

Comment

Wouldn't it have been nice though if they'd waived the deposit in view of the reasons for cancelling?
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
              Dear Mr *********

Thank you for your email.

If you would like to set up a payment plan to pay off part of the balance each month that is fine, if you write to our credit control department they will be able to help you set this up.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Lauren S****
              Hoseasons Holidays
              Send this back! Cheeky mare
              Dear Lauren S****,

Thanks for your email. I guess you don't quite understand what I am saying, so I shall spell it out for you. At no point throughout the booking process was I told to refer to, or shown a copy of your 'terms' which, for the record, are questionable in their own right under The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

I have explained to you that I made the booking to help my family out because to be frank, we're having a pretty shitty time of it right now. My wife then took a turn for the worse and I had to cancel the booking. I paid a small deposit which it seems was some sort of special offer to confirm the booking but I did notify you within a month and the reasons for cancellation are as genuine as you can get, yet here you are offering a payment plan - please, tell me what for? Why do I need a payment plan for nothing received? I do not recognise there being any debt owing.

I have come to you pouring my problems which in itself is something I simply do not do, so to be rebuffed with such an insensitive response totally ignoring the facts makes me physically sick.

I am not going to be paying anything else to you as it did not cost you £150 in fees to book and cancel this plus it was cancelled within a month which is perfectly acceptable and long before receiving any contract explaining cancellation rights, as per your responsibilities within Distance Selling Regulations. To date I am still without a copy of your cancellation policy, that should be provided by you to all customers that do confirm a booking. As no terms were received, the contract is not valid nor is it live and I am now cancelling it in totality.

I'd hate for this to get messy, coupled with the bad publicity you will generate all over what, £150 deposit that hasn't actually cost you a penny to date?

I look forward to a more grown up empathetic response, prior to going public with this and formally complaining to your Group CEO, Richard Carrick.

Yours sincerely,

Stuff the Banks
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks mate,
                email sent to Hoseasons...
                Will update when i get reply.
                Steve

Comment

This time let me know what they say BEFORE responding mate

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    This time let me know what they say BEFORE responding mate
                    Yes will do mate,
                    Thanks for the time spent on this one.....
                    Steve

Comment

Update.
                      Email received today from Hoseseasons.
                      I never received an email on the 2nd February confirming details?
                      Its not in my spam mail either....

Dear Mr *******
                      I'm sorry that you are not happy with our previous response to you and I would like to assure you that my colleague?s intentions were genuine when advising you of the payment plan we offer.
                      Of course Hoseasons has every sympathy with your situation however, we do make every effort to make our booking conditions transparent and feel that we make it clear both in our brochure and on our website what charges are incurred in the event of cancellation.
                      I can advise that as set out in our booking conditions, should you cancel more than 56 days before travel it is loss of standard deposit as set out below. ?*If you book under a low deposit promotional offer, you will be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount paid and the standard deposit.?

Our booking conditions have to be agreed to before confirming your booking online.

Once a holiday has been booked, a copy of the booking conditions are attached to the first page of your booking confirmation, under the heading of Important Information. Your booking confirmation was email to ky.com <mailto:ky.com> on February 2nd at 10:28.

Also on the first page of your booking confirmation is the following statement, confirming that you have booked under a low deposit.

The cancellation rights afforded by the distance selling regulations do not apply to our business. Leisure/tourism bookings are exempt, see <http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/regulation/6/made>

The supplier?s own terms and conditions (in our case, the Booking Conditions) apply instead.

Again we are very sorry that you have had to cancel your holiday and we sincerely hope that your wife makes a speedy recovery.

I am sorry if we have disappointed you on this occasion and I trust I have responded to your satisfaction.

Kind regards
                      Mia
                      Sales and Owner Support Consultant
                      Raglan Road,
                      Lowestoft
                      Suffolk, UK
                      NR32 2LW
                      The Hoseasons Group is a Wyndham Rentals company
                      Steve

Comment

Hiya

Ok, send this back:
                        Dear Mia,

Thanks for your email. As previously stated I have never received any such email with any such terms and as such I do not and never have agreed to said terms.

I am fully aware DSR doesn't cover Tourism as a general rule however you did fail to pick up on my claim of your misuse of The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

Again, I suggest that you close your account as no monies will be forthcoming, and if you persist in making excuses then I shall be forced to take matters public as well as raise formal complaints with your regulatory bodies.

I do not believe for one moment that you are £150 out of pocket in respect of this and any such charge should be fair and in line with actual costs incurred. I did not agree to a 'penalty' which is what you are trying to charge me.

As a gesture of goodwill, can't you just agree to disagree and let me concentrate on my extremely sick wife as opposed to wasting my time arguing over this? The bad publicity alone will cost you more than the amount you're asking for.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Stuff the banks

Comment

Cheers Nidd's
                          E mail sent...
                          Steve

Comment

Nidd's i take my hat off to you mate,you are a bloody clever guy..

I have just made another small donation as a way of showing my gratitude....here is why.....!!

Update email received today from Hoseseasons..

Dear Mr B

Thank you for your reply.

I can advise that the Booking Conditions have to be ticked to advise that you have read and agreed to them before you can confirm a booking online.

After speaking with my manager, we have agreed to waive any further charges on your booking. This is in no way an admission of Hoseasons fault or wishing to prevent this going any further and is a gesture of Hoseasons' good will.

In all cases we advise that cancellation protection is connected to bookings for your added benefit.

We hope that this is a satisfactory outcome and sincerely wish that your wife makes a full and quick recovery from her illness.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future and to have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

It just makes me more determined than ever to fight every single time i feel justice is against me or my family....

Its a great outcome,and i have to say Hoseseasons have eventually done the right thing....but you should not have to go through it in the 1st place.....

Thanks again mate, and not forgetting every singly person that takes time to reply or looks at the posts.....
                            Steve

Comment

Agree Steve...Hoseason's should have done the right thing from the start.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nice one matey. Thought that'd do the trick

Comment

Working...
                                X