GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Date questions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Date questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Date questions

Call Credit Report 29th August 2010
    -----------------------------------
    Says I have 2 defaults in the last 36 months but this isnt true because the actual dates on the same report show this cant be the case. Also the Hutchinson 3G one isnt listed as a default.

Style (Default) Satisfied
    Default Date 4th Feb 2005
    Default Satisfied 3rd July 2006

Halifax (Default) Satisfied
    Default Date 10th June 2005
    Default Satisfied 10th June 2005

Hutchinson 3G (Settled)
    Date updated 1st June 2007

CreditExpert Report (Feb 2010)
    ------------------------------
    Default Date 4th Feb 2005
    File Updated for the period to 16th August 2009

Default Date 10th June 2005
    File Updated for the period to 9th July 2006

Hutchinson 3G (Default) Satisfied
    Default Date 13th April 2005
    File Updated for the period to 8th July 2007

Experian Report 2nd June 2010
    ------------------------------
    Default date is blank on each column but each one has a default balance.

Date Satisfied 4th Feb 2005

Date Satisfied 10th June 2005

Hutchinson 3G (Default) Satisfied
    Date Satisfied 13th April 2005

I just wanted to know if I am correct in saying that all these defaults should drop off next year (2005 + 6yrs = 2011).

That being the case, would it be worthwhile now to try to have them removed or wiser to let sleeping dogs lay?

Thanks in advance

Re: Default Date questions

Yes you're correct. 6yrs from date of default - not date of settlement!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
      Hi NID

Based on your personal experience and knowledge of how long these things can take to remove, do you think it would be more prudent to just wait the 7-8 months for these to drop off?

I have no need of credit right now, I am out of the habit of borrowing. So I dont need them removed urgently or anything.

However I am quite keen to test the water as they are all pre 2007. The two things that would put me off would be the risk of them asking for the rest of the money and if they get in contact with you again that they can change the default date, resetting the clock as it were. Is that the case?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Viglen
        Hi NID

Based on your personal experience and knowledge of how long these things can take to remove, do you think it would be more prudent to just wait the 7-8 months for these to drop off?

I have no need of credit right now, I am out of the habit of borrowing. So I dont need them removed urgently or anything.

However I am quite keen to test the water as they are all pre 2007. The two things that would put me off would be the risk of them asking for the rest of the money and if they get in contact with you again that they can change the default date, resetting the clock as it were. Is that the case?

Thanks
        Hiya

You should leave them for the 6yr drop-off date. They cannot add another default - one debt = one default, simple. Once gone it has gone for good and can never be re-defaulted regardless of whether there is a balance or not. Nothing you do now will affect the default date and default removal date of 2011.

However the real issue seems to be the repayment of the debts - can you confirm did you actually satisfy the debts or are they outstanding still?

If you contact the lender the only thing that is re-set could be the statute barred date which really, doesn't matter if the debts have been repaid as there will be no o/s balance.

No matter what, within the 30 day period of the 6yr mark the defaults will drop off. The CRA updates their systems regularly but sometimes default removals get missed - if this is the case, give it a month then they'll go - so say a default was placed on 1st October 2004, i'd expect the entry to be gone in its entirety by 1st November 2010.

Make sense...?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya

You should leave them for the 6yr drop-off date. They cannot add another default - one debt = one default, simple. Once gone it has gone for good and can never be re-defaulted regardless of whether there is a balance or not. Nothing you do now will affect the default date and default removal date of 2011.

However the real issue seems to be the repayment of the debts - can you confirm did you actually satisfy the debts or are they outstanding still?

If you contact the lender the only thing that is re-set could be the statute barred date which really, doesn't matter if the debts have been repaid as there will be no o/s balance.

No matter what, within the 30 day period of the 6yr mark the defaults will drop off. The CRA updates their systems regularly but sometimes default removals get missed - if this is the case, give it a month then they'll go - so say a default was placed on 1st October 2004, i'd expect the entry to be gone in its entirety by 1st November 2010.

Make sense...?
          Makes total sense mate thanks.

Re the actual amounts....

I still have the letter from one of the DCA's that the halifax account was settled and the amount that was paid. Would need to double check.

I have all my statements relating to style and the final one says write off done and Im pretty sure there was a big payment made before the write off was done. I would need to double check tonight. Dont think style even got to the DCA stage.

I have no documents for Hutchinson 3g but I am not sure if they ever got to the DCA stage. I am pretty sure a payment was made to them however I have no idea how much. Would my Credit reports say if this was fully settled or would they just say satisfied regardless if it was fully paid? I may even SAR them to find out but again dont want to awaken a sleeping dragon either.

Also another thing I picked up from another forum was that the default markers placed on credit reports were put there by the CRa's and not the banks. In this case apparently it is possible to have the default removed but I am not sure of the ins and outs. Dunno if you heard about/were aware of that?

Thanks

Comment

Oh one other thing.

I also thought the default date would be 'reset' if you made any payments. I will put up dates tonight if i can find them of the last payments made to the account.

Comment

Hiya

Don't worry - seems like they are long finished with - just ignore them.

No, statute barred is reset if you pay within the 6yrs - a default only lasts 6yrs from date of entry regardless whether settled/outstanding....

Have you seen these two threads? Have a quick read of the essential info.... I would k k

Credit Ref Agencies

Defaults & the law

Comment

Thanks NID

Readin through that prompted me to post the other thread about APEX but Im moe than happy know after reading your thoughts and those threads

thanks mate

Comment

cheers y

Comment

Working...
                  X