GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC Mis-sold PPI - Loan and Defaults - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Mis-sold PPI - Loan and Defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC Mis-sold PPI - Loan and Defaults

Hello all

I have had a running issue with the HSBC for the past few years and I could do with a little help with my next steps please.

Basic info is that I had an outstanding loan amount that was equal in value to an agreed mis sold PPI amount due to me from HSBC.

I had requested SAR's request which showed no loan agreement and so I placed the account in dispute. This lead to many telephone calls from HSBC, letters of harrasment from me etc. Eventually a loan agreement was produced.

Defaults were added to my file from the outset, even though HSBC never replied to any of my recorded letters and attempts on my behalf to resolve.

Letters from HSBC solicitors followed and after a lengthy session of letter tennis with these solicitors (them denying a PPI issue, then agreeing it) I was sent a letter to agree to accept the PPI amount due to me as full settlement of the outstanding loan. This should have been the end of the matter.... NO. I have checked my credit file to find defaults still being applied for this account and I have now received a new letter from DG Solicitors requesting full payment of the debt (No mention of the PPI)

I want to know now if there is anything I can do to resolve and perhaps get my file set back to no defaults.

Any help will be good

Thanks

Re: HSBC Mis-sold PPI - Loan and Defaults

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I would write back and tell them they have ignored your previous letters and you will now take the matter to the Financial ombudsman service and ask them to investigate.

So whilst this is with the FOS you will appreciate they back off (as this is in dispute) and let them deal with this matter.

Unless others on here has other opinions to give, but I would complain to the FOS and send them copies of your letters and copies of letters you received to put them in the picture of what is happening here.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

When I had a few accounts in dispute some previous years back, I told the businesses, the matters now in the hands of the FOS, so hopefully they will hold their horses if you do the same perhaps.

Do complain though, and tell the FOS this is causing you undue distress you can certainly do without.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Di,

Thanks for your reply

I'm quite happy to go ahead with the deal we agreed several months ago, which they agreed with me in writing, especially as it was writing off £300 also in my favour.

The issue now is the continual recording of defaults on an otherwise clean credit report. Can I in anyway argue that these defaults be taken off my account?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Urbancolour View Post
        Hi Di,

Thanks for your reply

I'm quite happy to go ahead with the deal we agreed several months ago, which they agreed with me in writing, especially as it was writing off £300 also in my favour.

The issue now is the continual recording of defaults on an otherwise clean credit report. Can I in anyway argue that these defaults be taken off my account?

Thanks again

Hi

I think you can try, but hopefully one of the other folks on here will know more about this part of it.
        Good luck.

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Was the mis sold PPI appertaining directly to this loan? If it was to do with another account then you will have some difficulty in cleaning up your CRFs. It can be done but if you have defaulted the loan then the data will be treated as accurate even if it was to say settled when the PPI issue is sorted. It is total crap what they do but they are only required to record accurate data and unfortunately justly or unjustly ANY dispute with a bank results in a defaulted CRF. That is life now I'afraid and when we entered into our disputes a long time ago we were told by legal professionals that this would (and did) happen and to accept it and live with it. Better that than paying them for the rest of your life.

regards
            Gar;ok

Comment

Thanks Garlok

Yes the PPI was to do with the now defaulted account. So is it worth trying to clear up my defualts or should I just settle and wait for the 6 years until they come off. That was what I was thinking anyway.

I have another case with HSBC and they have done the same even though it is unenforcable, but Ill post that over the weekend

Thanks again

Comment

I haven't taken much notice to be honest about cleaning up CRFs and defaults. I just accepted that was the way it was and have used it all to gather evidence and flaws in procedures etc. to just stuff it up them with the card acounts. I have no need to get credit anyway now and I am so close to pension that I wouldn't get it in the current climate for other reasons. So it matters little to me personally. However if it is really a presiing issue for you, have a look the Bankruptcy section on here as a couple of our members are looking to clear up their files after BR discharge. There may be something there and of course comb throught the Defaults section as well.

Memory says that there are a couple of letters in the database of template letters as well which may be of some help.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Will do

Thanks again

Comment

This is Niddy's posts re credit file clean up:-

---- > All About Credit Reference Agencies CIFAS - allaboutFORUMS

If...x
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks If! I knew something existed I had seen on here but my brain only runs an old fashioned rotary card index so it t---a----k---e---s a while.

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                        Thanks If! I knew something existed I had seen on here but my brain only runs an old fashioned rotary card index so it t---a----k---e---s a while.

regards
                        Garlok
                        No worries Garlok, I was just reading it today again or I would of forgot too!!
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                        X