GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Good old Lowells and Barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good old Lowells and Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good old Lowells and Barclaycard

I had 3 letters from Lowells last week saying that they have brought my debt for various Barclay cards from Barclays.

That's didn't worry much as they are all unenforceable, so I sent them off the standard sold in dispute letter by recorded delivery, they have txt me a couple times but lets assume that it takes time for them to update their records.

This morning though I had a warning from equifax say there had been a change in my history and when I checked it appears that I now have 2 credit cards with Lowells !!!! Is this correct what they have done and will it lead to debts being counted twice??? All the barclay card defaults are from 2009 I dont want to get another set!!!

Re: Good old Lowells and Barclaycard

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    I had 3 letters from Lowells last week saying that they have brought my debt for various Barclay cards from Barclays.

That's didn't worry much as they are all unenforceable, so I sent them off the standard sold in dispute letter by recorded delivery, they have txt me a couple times but lets assume that it takes time for them to update their records.

This morning though I had a warning from equifax say there had been a change in my history and when I checked it appears that I now have 2 credit cards with Lowells !!!! Is this correct what they have done and will it lead to debts being counted twice??? All the barclay card defaults are from 2009 I dont want to get another set!!!
    Defaults can only be processed for 6 years, from the date of the first Default being recorded with the CRA's. Thus, Defaults that are recorded in 2009 will stay on your credit file until 2015.

If, you disagree with the information, you should contact Equifax and request that the incorrect information be marked: Under Query, whilst they investigate the matter.

Comment

I understand about the defaults being on there for 6 years, the point I'm asking about is the potential duplication on the debts with both the original barclays debt and the new lowells one being listed.

Comment

Hi mgfboy,

Just so that I can get this clear in my mind - what debts did you have with Barclays in the first place? Was it two cards?

What exactly have Lowells posted on your CRF?

Once this is clarified we may be able to help better.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
          Hi mgfboy,

Just so that I can get this clear in my mind - what debts did you have with Barclays in the first place? Was it two cards?

What exactly have Lowells posted on your CRF?

Once this is clarified we may be able to help better.
          I actually had 5 accounts with Barclays/barclaycard ( they used to really like me!!!)In fact I still have a bank account with them with a large O/D.

3 credit cards, 1 rolling credit facility and a charge card.

At the moment they have sold the three credit cards to Lowells and at the moment Lowells have posted I have 2 credit cards with them ( showing the end 4 digits of the original Bcard)and at this time no more details. I'm just concerned that the debt may appear twice and Lowells may try a default me again.

Comment

I had a problem a while back:
            three entries on my CRA credit file, but in relation to one credit agreement.

Without a doubt, they do make mistakes!

Suggest, that you gather information about exactly which credit agreement the defaults relate to.

Comment

You definitely need to keep an eye on your CRF. As you will know they are not allowed to default you twice for the same debt, but as you also know this won't stop them putting one on there. If they do, you should not have too much of a problem getting them removed. If necessary you simply go the ICO and wait while they deal with their backlog until your turn comes up. There is no doubt whatsoever that they would judge in your favour and demand removal of the later default.

Comment

Or you tell the cra to remove it as they would be jointly liable once you notify them and explain why. When they see it's the same account they should remove the latest entry. If they refuse you do a double ico complaint about the cra and the dca/creditor.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is common when debts that were defaulted by the creditor, gets sold. The buying company simply go and add a default again without checking. It's easy to remedy but can be a pain, thus the ico usually deal with it. 3 letters and 8 months later - it'll be sorted (approx timescale).... Unless the cra do it first time of asking of course (quite common believe it or not)!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks all

Lets see what they do, after reading by letter they may send it all back to Barclaycard saying they not what my debt anymore!!!!!

Comment

They WON'T read your letter. That's the problem.

Comment

Can the monkeys at Lowell actually read?

Comment

http://lifesafari.co.uk/?attachment_id=968

Of course they can - look, caught in the act!
                          Last edited by caspar; 1 July 2011, 17:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            Can the monkeys at Lowell actually read?

I think they can too
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's one query resolved here at least then - Lowell's can and do read. Case closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X