GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds default

Hi guys new on this a friend recommended this site for advice. Will try and cut a long story short. I tried to get a loan last year (new car) and was refused from Tesco the operator basically said I had a default which I knew nothing about always had a good credit rating anyway checked this out and found Lloyds had defaulted me in nov 2010. After some fishing I found a previous account I had with them before I married and changed banks still had around £80 left from an overdraft that I completely forgot about. Last time any activity on this account was May 2005 before I moved house, after this Lloyds just keep adding interest until Nov 2010. I didn't recieve any default notice as I had moved. I did an SAR on Lloyds and got all statements etc and have been contacted with several debt collectors who I refuse to speak to. Now anybody have any idea where I go next and if I can challenge this default? Any help or advice much appreciated. So just to sum up I had nothing to do with this account for nearly six years then I get this default surely that isn't right.

Re: Lloyds default

I don't know for certain but I think your post should be moved to credit reference agencies? I think it's in the wrong area - but may be wrong!

Comment

Thanks, how do I do that?

Comment

Hiya,
        Welcome aboard.
        It's probably best to start a diary so all the relevant information is there for people to help.
        Take a look at this thread here.

Cheers
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok trying to work out how to use this site properly not great at this sort of stuff so bear with me. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Simply1 View Post
            Ok trying to work out how to use this site properly not great at this sort of stuff so bear with me. Thanks guys
            Hiya,
            No sweat, when i first found the site i was on it solid for two days navigating all the menu's and reading all the really useful templates, threads etc.
            The reason i sent you link to the diary was so you know what information is needed for people to assist you.
            You can start your own diary, here
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You will soon work it out, if you get stuck just shout, there is loads of friendly help here . good luck

Comment

Really just need somebody with some experience on Defaults and the best way to deal with them guys, I will answer any questions. This is a whole new world for me but really need this default dealt with I just hope I can have it removed could be a long shot tho. Does anybody know who at Lloyds you would contact on this matter?

Comment

Just be patient, someone with the expert knowledge you need will be along to answer you, sit tight in the meantime and have a look around.

Comment

Really just need somebody with some experience on Defaults and the best way to deal with them guys, I will answer any questions. This is a whole new world for me but really need this default dealt with I just hope I can have it removed could be a long shot tho. Does anybody know who at Lloyds you would contact on this matter?
                    OK, well i'd suggest you take a look around the forum mate and hate to be the bearer of bad news but defaults are only removed if they have been registered incorrectly.
                    If you broke an agreement they are entitled to register a default against you.

Comment

I'm sure someone will come along soon don't panic yet! Never in doubt helped me a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                        OK, well i'd suggest you take a look around the forum mate and hate to be the bearer of bad news but defaults are only removed if they have been registered incorrectly.
                        If you broke an agreement they are entitled to register a default against you.
                        I got one removed because it was deemed unfair by the ombudsman. Can't recall the exact circumstances now but the bank (Barclays) hadnt written warning letters etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwin View Post
                          I got one removed because it was deemed unfair by the ombudsman. Can't recall the exact circumstances now but the bank (Barclays) hadnt written warning letters etc.
                          That's excellent, well done! Hopefully they will have forgotten to do something on Simply1's so he can get his removed too!

Comment

Yeah fingers crossed I think mine was stattue barred when they defaulted wether or not this will result in removal is another issue.

Comment

hi Simply1 and welcome to AAD
                              I'm sure Niddy (Never In Doubt) will be along shortly, he's an absolute wizard with CRA stuff (among many other things )

When you got your SAR, did it include a communications log? Is there no note of them issuing a Default Notice on there?
                              What status is on your CRA for this account prior to the default marker?

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                              X