RMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA

Have just had a message left on my answerphone from an organisation called RMA - who need to speak to me urgently!

I have checked the telephone number and it seems they are a DCA and I was wondering whether anyone had heard of them?

Of course, I have no intention of ringing them .....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: RMA

Hi Fee

They are a debt collection agency - and not a very nice one at that (are any of them?) if the posts on the green forum are anything to go by http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ht=rma&page=19

Their own website is http://www.rmacollections.com/ though I'm sure you've managed to Google them yourself!

Hopefully someone will come along who has had dealings with them ad can advise you further.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie,

Had Goggled them but not looked on the "green site"!

Will go and have a look. Am not going to contact them but wondering who they are acting for! Presumably they will be writing soon when they realise I don't answer phone calls!

Advice appreciated!

Comment

According to the green site, they seem to act for almost anyone! The posts I looked at briefly mentioned Barclaycard, Triton, Amex and Natwest - so you can take your choice there!

Comment

Hi Pixie,

Yes, I did follow the link and read the green posts!

And I have accounts with all those organisations, apart from NatWest. Although I think they are now allied to RBS! Looks as if the tennis game of passing "sold while in dispute" letters is due to begin very soon ....

Comment

They are on here

They also go by the following names:
            NCO Europe Ltd
            PO box 175
            Preston
            Lancashire
            PR2 1GN

Tel: 01772 765000
            RMA International Ltd
            90 Watery Lane,
            PRESTON,
            PR2 1AU

RMA Resolve
            PO Box 175,
            Preston,
            PR2 1GN
            Tel: 0870 7591 215
            Tel: 01772 765 225
            Fax 01772 765 152

They Also goes as:
            COMPLETE CREDIT MANAGEMENT LIMITED
            OLD DOCKS HOUSE 90 WATERY LANE
            ASHTON-ON-RIBBLE
            PRESTON,
            PR2 1AU

Trading Name(s) (Current):
            Direct Recovery Solutions
            NCO
            NCO Europe
            NCO Financial Services
            NCOE
            Risk Management Alternative
            RMA
            RMA Resolve
            RMAI
            Synergy Credit Management
            The Litigation Services Company
            UCA
            UCAI

Application / Licence Details
            Licence Number:
            Licence Status:
            Current
            Current Applicant / Licensee:
            Business Name Company Registration Number
            Complete Credit Management Limited 4690658

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick
              Hi Fee

Their own website is http://www.rmacollections.com/ though I'm sure you've managed to Google them yourself!
              Hi Pixie, that Link is based in the USA Illinois, long way to do a door step visit Phoenix

RMACollections
              2502 S. Alpine Rd
              Rockford, IL 61108
              Tel: (800)369-6116
              Fax: (815)227-8000

I've updated on Info, based in Preston (on thread)

Comment

Thanks so much, 5corpio,

I am very touched and impressed that you have spent so much time researching this on my behalf!

Niddy thinks it may be Amex who are using them - in a way I hope it has been passed from Newmans, who were previously dealing with my Amex account, as they were getting very nasty! And it does sound as if this shower are American based. Unless I am going to have both of them after me .....

Ah well, I am getting quite philosophical about it all now - although a doorstep visit from Illinois would be very interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                  Thanks so much, 5corpio,

And it does sound as if this shower are American based. Unless I am going to have both of them after me .....

Ah well, I am getting quite philosophical about it all now - although a doorstep visit from Illinois would be very interesting!
                  Can you imagine :-cow Howdy FoxyPhee ;;L

Comment

Hi Mrs. O,

Perhaps that doorstep visitor would be a real cowboy!

Comment

[quote="Phoenix"]Thanks so much, 5corpio,

I am very touched and impressed that you have spent so much time researching this on my behalf!

Niddy thinks it may be Amex who are using them - in a way I hope it has been passed from Newmans, who were previously dealing with my Amex account, as they were getting very nasty! And it does sound as if this shower are American based. Unless I am going to have both of them after me ..... /quote]
                      No worries, only took 5 mins to dig that up Would be interesting to see them role up on their Horse ;-cow With a John Wayne accent 'Good afternoon :-cow ..... Ma'm

Comment

That made me really laugh, 5corpio!

Where would we be without a sense of humour? A very necessary ingredient!

Comment

Hi Ann

they've got my amex, had it since I started the DMP at the beginning of the year, they used to phone offering early settlements of 40% discount, but since August they've been leaving regular messages on the phone, just to call. I hate to disappoint but they weren't American, more Birmingham.........................

Comment

Thanks Mrs D.,

Think I may hold out for a 100% discount ;LOL

Just waiting to see what sort of letter they send ....

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio
                              Originally posted by pixiechick
                              Hi Fee

Hi Pixie, that Link is based in the USA Illinois, long way to do a door step visit Phoenix

RMACollections
                              2502 S. Alpine Rd
                              Rockford, IL 61108
                              Tel: (800)369-6116
                              Fax: (815)227-8000

I've updated on Info, based in Preston (on thread)

Oooops! Just did a quick Google search and didn't look at the website ;Red

I was in Preston yesterday so perhaps I could have made 'doorstep visit' to them on your behalf Fee ;LOL ;-y

Comment

Working...
                              X