GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Settlement invalid default notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settlement invalid default notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlement invalid default notice

I think the attached default is invalid....should it have the debtors name and ADDRESS.

I want this account closed ..i did SAR & CCA to B Card...no CCA only reconstructed version.....i wrote to them asking for a pyament plan no response to my letter just freeze interest.

Today got Mercer's early christmas card letter!

Can i respond this way.. to stop default....what is the best action plan.. to get the account closed and get me out of debt.....
    If Mercers are only processing the default....will they negotiate F & F at this stage?

Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account and wish to make an offer to resolve that will suitably please both parties.

I do have an outstanding balance on the account, as you are fully aware this is made up primarily of charges. However, a default to you and no payment will not achieve much and so I therefore write to try and resolve matters amicably, that will suit both of us long term. I propose to offer a full and final payment to settle and close this account to the value of 50% of the original amount, which will take into account and absorb, a lot of the charges that have been added to the account throughout time.

The alternative is for me to place the account formally into dispute and demand s.10 CCA (1974) is brought into play (cease & desist) whilst I reclaim all unlawful charges combined with all costs. I shall then look at the legality of the assignment of debt; the issuance of a default notice and the agreement (prescribed terms) and between them, I'll probably be able to counter sue and litigate over unenforceability.

To summarise, I am more than happy to settle as much as 50% of the total amount owing so long as you can agree to, and ensure that, the following actions will be carried out;

a) The Default Notice will be removed
    b) The Status of the account will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”
    c) The Current Balance will appear as £0.00
    d) The Default / Delinquent Balance will be set to £0.00
    e) There will be no date in the “Defaulted Date” field (as it will be removed)
    f) There will be no date in the “Date Last Delinquent” field on the report
    g) This will apply to all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit

If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper, confirming the exact amount owing and I will send a cheque by return. Failure to agree will result in more formal papers being sent, by return.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully

Re: Settlement invalid default notice

Hiya

I don't know what you're trying to fight here? In your OP you state you want the account closed, only way to do that is to pay any balance and request closure - otherwise it stays open forever! I think you're confusing yourself on legislation - maybe?

The DN served is fine, what makes you say otherwise? The address, as far as I can gather has been covered with a post-it note. In which case it would be deemed served, plus you have a copy (or did that come with the SAR)?

Stop being so evasive and tell us what you're trying to do and why/what grounds!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Didnt thimk I was being evasive....just confused.

I am trying to settle the account and get it closed and wanted to negotiate a F & F ...and close it down....i got the Default notice after I did a SAR & CCA request...

I am trying to get out of debt and I have somebody helping me with funds..so I wanted some help in how to negotiate a F & F simply...

or do I need shooting for being evasive ...hopefuly this is not Battle of Britain......just get me out of debt land.....that I own up to and yes I know I should be accountable to myself for being in debt.
      We all learn and is costly!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
      Hiya

I don't know what you're trying to fight here? In your OP you state you want the account closed, only way to do that is to pay any balance and request closure - otherwise it stays open forever! I think you're confusing yourself on legislation - maybe?

The DN served is fine, what makes you say otherwise? The address, as far as I can gather has been covered with a post-it note. In which case it would be deemed served, plus you have a copy (or did that come with the SAR)?

Stop being so evasive and tell us what you're trying to do and why/what grounds!

Comment

Originally posted by tiger
        Didnt thimk I was being evasive....just confused.

I am trying to settle the account and get it closed and wanted to negotiate a F & F ...and close it down....i got the Default notice after I did a SAR & CCA request...
        Ok, to settle the account is fine - the way you originally asked is why I was confused - closing it can only be done upon settlement. As you were served a DN you will struggle to get this removed, however using the templates on here you can always ask....

I am trying to get out of debt and I have somebody helping me with funds..so I wanted some help in how to negotiate a F & F simply...
        Ok, that helps - so consider making a F&F offer but don't offer 50% - start with a 10-20% offer, see how that goes.....

or do I need shooting for being evasive ...hopefuly this is not Battle of Britain......just get me out of debt land.....
        ;Hmm ;Hmm No need for the sarcasm really..... you want help, all I done was ask the questions required!

that I own up to and yes I know I should be accountable to myself for being in debt.
        We all learn and is costly!
        I don't judge people, it's up to you what you do - don't know why you told us this, maybe you're thinking we're like MSE - we're not! We do not judge you for past mistakes, we try and help you get out of any mess you're in (on this site)!

* To clarify I was not having a go at you, I was merely asking on what grounds you felt the DN was invalid and on what grounds you felt you had to be debt free; debt free means no defaults either you see - its different to just paying off an outstanding debt. By that I was asking you to tell me more, so I could answer your query. 2
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Debt Free = No defaults....never knew that... I thought Debt Free meant nobody chasing me for money.
          I do get in a tiz at all this stuff.. I am hoping to pay what I can and get the accounts closed.

I figure we all win that way...
          The default notice gives me time and I did write to BCard asking if I could settle and what would they accept....no reply just sent me account to Mercers.

If you can help...thats great just asking for guidance..
          Would it be Ok to respond with F & F settlement to Mercer default notice....do they accept settlements or are they just interested in the Default...?
          Apologies if I ask daft question....but I am asking and an opening my post these days...so I am owning the problem and dealing with it...hopefully x

Comment

Debt Free = No defaults....never knew that... I thought Debt Free meant nobody chasing me for money.
            I do get in a tiz at all this stuff.. I am hoping to pay what I can and get the accounts closed.

I figure we all win that way...
            The default notice gives me time and I did write to BCard asking if I could settle and what would they accept....no reply just sent me account to Mercers.

If you can help...thats great just asking for guidance..
            Would it be Ok to respond with F & F settlement to Mercer default notice....do they accept settlements or are they just interested in the Default...?
            Apologies if I ask daft question....but I am asking and an opening my post these days...so I am owning the problem and dealing with it...hopefully x
            Morning!

Ok, don't worry too much about the definition of debt free - it can mean whatever, to whoever lol - basically yea, no debt = debt free. I am debt free, for example. However, having defaults will restrict you getting credit, so long as you're sure about that.

So, making offers - yep, DCA's are the best people to make such offers to - they are likely to accept, so always worth a shot by sending the template and start at around 10% and work up to 20% - then come back to us if they still argue with those figures..... Point is, I feel you'll pay this off and be left with a default which is not the way to do things, if the accoun could be unenforceable.

Hope that makes better sense to you..... best of luck, keep us updated with progress...

Comment

Thanks...
              I have defaults and nothing I can do about them and aslo I am about to get a CCJ....which means that no more credit for ME.....which is a good thing.. so now I do Cash is King.
              No money = no honey. If O spend £100.00 thats what I pay no £130.00 on a credit card I will end up paying off forever and ever.
              I have a debt plan in my head thats sounds good to me and probably somebody else will differ.
              Unenforcebale I have a problem understanding..too many sites say so many things and then the Credit Token and Carey Case...
              I will send your template for F & F off and see how it goes from there...they will probably issue the default before accepting a F & F.
              Just got to do the best I can with the help and support I get from people I have never met and give me time and respond to my post...What a lucky girl I am to have strangers help
              Morning to you too xx

Comment

Thanks...
                I have defaults and nothing I can do about them and aslo I am about to get a CCJ....which means that no more credit for ME.....which is a good thing.. so now I do Cash is King.
                No money = no honey. If O spend £100.00 thats what I pay no £130.00 on a credit card I will end up paying off forever and ever.
                I have a debt plan in my head thats sounds good to me and probably somebody else will differ.
                Unenforcebale I have a problem understanding..too many sites say so many things and then the Credit Token and Carey Case...
                I will send your template for F & F off and see how it goes from there...they will probably issue the default before accepting a F & F.
                Just got to do the best I can with the help and support I get from people I have never met and give me time and respond to my post...What a lucky girl I am to have strangers help
                Morning to you too xx
                Hiya, ok seems you've got yourself confuddled with all the idle gossip which unfortunately includes a load of old bollocks if you came from MSE - there are a lot of people on there that "think" they know what they are talking about but in fact, that do not. The carey case was unique, I stripped this down into layman on the UE thread here. Point is, that means nothing as the Carey case was quite unique in several elements, but with the new OFT guidance things should now be more settled, even though the OFT themselves mention the fact the lender can [size=5]forge[/s] recreate a CCA!

I'd always say try UE forst, you have nothing to lose. If it is enforceable or too new, then you could try and use the cash is king facility by bribing the DCA with a F&F offer in exchange for default removal, however I doubt they will remove the default - but they will nogotiate!

If you're getting confused then read some of the diaries on here, you'll then see a true reflection of how UE does and should work. 2

As for listening to strangers, I think my reputation is perfectly intact and lots of people here will vouch for me. I have nothing to gain in leading you astray! ;P-;

Comment

Leading me astray... god I wish someone would! It would brighten up my day!

I dont have the default yet...I have until 31st October 2010 Halloweenn before the Monsters post the default.

I sent off your template letter for F & F....so I can only see if I get a reply...that would be nice ...but I doubt it....

I did go for CCA and SAR on Barclaycard,,,,no gredit agreement as it goes back to 1993...so they must have lost it somewhere....I did tell them to put it somewhere safe and not lose it.

I dont doubt your reputation for one moment your a star and a great support
                  thanks for your help

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                  Thanks...
                  Morning to you too xx
                  Hiya, ok seems you've got yourself confuddled with all the idle gossip which unfortunately includes a load of old bollocks if you came from MSE - there are a lot of people on there that "think" they know what they are talking about but in fact, that do not. The carey case was unique, I stripped this down into layman on the UE thread here. Point is, that means nothing as the Carey case was quite unique in several elements, but with the new OFT guidance things should now be more settled, even though the OFT themselves mention the fact the lender can [size=5]forge[/s] recreate a CCA!

I'd always say try UE forst, you have nothing to lose. If it is enforceable or too new, then you could try and use the cash is king facility by bribing the DCA with a F&F offer in exchange for default removal, however I doubt they will remove the default - but they will nogotiate!

If you're getting confused then read some of the diaries on here, you'll then see a true reflection of how UE does and should work. 2

As for listening to strangers, I think my reputation is perfectly intact and lots of people here will vouch for me. I have nothing to gain in leading you astray! ;P-;

Comment

Best of luck - keep us updated.....

Comment

I will...Im doing ok with the help of this site !

Comment

I did go for CCA and SAR on Barclaycard,,,,no gredit agreement as it goes back to 1993...so they must have lost it somewhere....I did tell them to put it somewhere safe and not lose it.

if they have written and said they have no cca why are you offering f&f my appologies if i have missed something here
                        at the start of this journey i owed
                        £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                        £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                        on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                        as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                        ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Because if I dont I will end up with a CCJ like I am with LLoyds fighting the case in Court is out of my league

Comment

Because if I dont I will end up with a CCJ like I am with LLoyds fighting the case in Court is out of my league
                            Not necessarily, as I recall things had gone too far with Lloyds prior to coming here. Now you have our backing we'd defend any action for you...... or at least guide you through the steps.....

Don't be so keen to back down is all i'm saying. k

Comment

I dont know what to do I have done a SAR asked for a F & F i Just want the thing closed so i can move on

Comment

Working...
                              X