GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nolans Solicitors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nolans Solicitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolans Solicitors

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a company called Nolans who are chasing me for a debt with hillesden securities and are getting aggressive now.

I CCA'ed hillesden securities about 18 months ago and all was quiet but now they are at the door demanding income/ expenditure form to be filled out or else court action.

So far I have ignored them.

Rgds

Sparky
    Last edited by sparky; 20 February 2012, 21:09. Reason: typo

Re: Nolans Solicitors

Welcome to AAD please give us a bit more info so we can help
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

others will confirm but i think you should send them this

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s4-t4.php

Change some of the wording so it writes as though you requested the CCA with hillesden securites.

Basically this letter tells them that due to hillesden not complying with your request the account is in dispute and as such no enforcement can be made.

This will stop there threat of court action.

Question: how did you request your CCA with them? was it in writing or by phone?

Did you not even get a letter acknowledging the request?

I have dealt with them and they tend to respond around 2 weeks after any letters sent.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This account relates to an old credit card account with BoS, it was taken out in the mid 90's and defaulted 2000, small payments where made for a few years to various DCA's but I CCA'd them about 2 years ago... To date nothing has been sent from them excepting their own kind of their own home made "statements of account".

My CCA was made recorded in writing and since then I have paid them nothing as they have no proper CCA.

Hillesden security own the debt being managed by Nolans as I live in Scotland.

Comment

if you CCA'd hillesden then send this template letter

Final Response - UE (No CCA Received)

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/templates/unenforceability/s4-t4.php

However if you CCA'd another DCA before Hillesden, then perhaps it would be better to send

Account Sold whilst in Dispute
          http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/templates/unenforceability/s3-t4.php

Thats what id do, others can confirm.

Comment

Hi Sparky,
            Welcome to AAD!!
            Can you confirm when the last payment was on this account? As you live in Scotland if it was more than 5 years this could be Statute Barred.

kind regards,
            Shep x
            Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 21 February 2012, 07:28.

Comment

Shep it appears payment was last made 2yrs ago when they failed s.78

That said; why not send nolans a new cca request to get them to back down as they can be litigation-trigger-happy as per a couple of threads in our forums.

Best of luck.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Morning Niddy,
                Yep I agree. If there's no chance it's SB yet another CCA will get their attention and shut them up.

Shep x

Comment

just to clarify things......>......
                  CCA Request

Comment

Hi guys,

thank you all for your help.. last payment was almost 3 years ago so not sb, do you think another ccarequest to Nolans is in order?

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                      Hi guys,

thank you all for your help.. last payment was almost 3 years ago so not sb, do you think another ccarequest to Nolans is in order?
                      Did you not see the post above yours ?...........

Link here ...........>.........http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...7&postcount=10

Comment

Thank you in2deep just printing off my CCa now... will let you know how I geton )

Comment

Interesting judgment against the notorious Nolans

Brilliant - thanks Gerry for updating us

---> http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2012CSOH132.html
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X