GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SOS Need Help With Bailiff - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS Need Help With Bailiff

I am trying to help my friend who has told me that he received a visit from a bailiff on the 16 Nov 11 and he wanted to remove goods from his house.........bit of a no goer as he does not have any possessions and lives in a council house with his wife & kids.

My friend has no recollection of this debt but thinks it may have been for a parking fine a few years ago. Anyway..matters have escalated and the bailiff has advised that he will return next week to collect payment in full or he will remove goods from my friend's house...and if he has no possessions then his wife will have to prove that everything is hers.

I have attached a letter that the bailiff left...it is a total of £525..not much I know but was hoping for some advice on how to go about finding out what this money alleged is for. Should my friend write a letter to this bailiff agency to prove this money is owed and what for?

Any help or advice would be appreciated...thanks in advance to all

Re: SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Actual letter is below

Click image for larger version

Name:	BailiffLetter52500001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	1384674
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

who is the client, ie the person or firm saying they are owed the cash?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The letter states the client is HMCS
        Last edited by transformer999; 21 November 2011, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
          The letter states the client is HMCS
          so the courts? so get your mate to ring the court and find out what it is for!

Comment

OK Thanks Niddy...should he use the reference number the bailiff have put on the letter above?

What if the court says that he does owe this? then what should he do with the bailff that is coming back next week please?
            Last edited by transformer999; 21 November 2011, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
              OK Thanks Niddy...should he use the reference number the bailiff have put on the letter above?

What if the court says that he does owe this? then what should he do with the bailff that is coming back next week please?
              He ought to call (ie ring) the courts......

Comment

The notice put through the door is incomplete as well. It should at least state the bailiff's name and should outline what may happen if any further action needs to be taken.

What was the fine actually for? This will have an effect on the way in which it is dealt with.

Make sure when they contact the court they find out the exact amount of any fine / Liability Order obtained against them - it may well be different to the figure Marstons are quoting.

Comment

Hi BBoo...it does have the bailiffs name but I have deleted it. The fine I think was a parking ticket but cannot say for sure as my friend does not too much yet himself.

He will ring the court tomorrow and ask them...also another thing is that on the bailiffs letter it does not have my friends full name....it is his father's name...they both have similar first & surnames but my friends uses his middle name...as it is on all of his I.D's

Comment

If a parking fine:

Penalty Charge Notice = County Court = Civil Offence - bailiffs have same powers as per-eg-Council Tax. Don't let them in!

Fixed Penalty Notice = Magistrates' Court = Criminal Offence - bailiffs can potentailly force entry and this should be treated as a priority debt as you could potentially be sent to prison.

Your friend may like to find out which it is!

Comment

Thanks BBoo I will let you know as soon as he finds out and thanks for that.

Comment

My friend just called to say that he rang the court....and they said that he was fined a few years ago for driving with no insurance and the sum due to the court was £250....the court advised that if he paid the £250 then the debt will be cleared and marked as settled.

The bailiff want £525 so he don't know how that will work out and I told him that when he goes to the court tomorrow to ask them and see what they advise...as I have not got a clue....mind you the extra probably is charges added to the original sum owed of £250 which is quite hefty....but the court advised that all he has to pay is £250.

Will let all know tomorrow after my friend comes back from the court. Thank you to all for your help & advice

Comment

Thats good news, will piss the baliff off but at least you can then make sure they have charged correctly and not added things for the hell of it.
                          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                            Thats good news, will piss the baliff off but at least you can then make sure they have charged correctly and not added things for the hell of it.
                            Of course the bugger will have added whatever charges he thinks he can, for that is the way such parasites make money.

At a guess, I'd say he's charged an "administration fee" as well as a "van fee" even though there was no walking possession agreement in place and the debtor might simply pay the money owed on that first visit.

Comment

Thanks susie & CC lets hope that my friend can nip this in the bud and will know better tomorrow where he stands...then he can respond to this bailiff when he is better informed.

Comment

Working...
                              X