GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SOS Need Help With Bailiff - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SOS Need Help With Bailiff

Oh great...just had a call from my friend saying that the same bailiff knocked on his door at 7.00a.m this morning and he wants payment in full of £275 OR he will return either this evening or on the weekend with a locksmith and break in...remove his goods (not that he even has a needle to his name) as everything is his wife's....then the bailiff will sell all the stuff collected at auction to pay off the debt.

What the fuck is wrong with these people...I did try to suggest to my freind to tell the bailiff that he was on JSA and had no possessions...so could pay £1 a month but this bailiff prick wants all of the money in one hit.

Is there anything my friend can do as he cannot afford to pay all of this in one go, he borrowed some money off his dad and paid the £250 fine....but this bailiff is now harrassing my friend who mind has children in the house and are getting distressed as they are afraid to open the door every time anyone knocks.

Comment

Hang on - if he has paid the fine and has a receipt then he needs to call the police if/when they attempt to break in and have them arrested as they have NO VALID LEGAL CLAIM!

This would be classed as attempted burglary....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy...I tell you my freind really is paranoid and was thinking of ringing the bailiff and telling him that he has moved out...just so that his wife & kids don't see him coming round again. His wife has not left the house for 3 days in case he comes round with a locksmith when no one is home.

This is really bad....do you think my freind should call this bailiff and tell him that if he attempts to come around the police will be called?

Yes he has paid the court fine which was £250 and has a receipt but this bailiff wants £275 for fees for chasing the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post
          Yes he has paid the court fine which was £250 and has a receipt but this bailiff wants £275 for fees for chasing the debt.
          Did the bailiff get a court order and employ the services of a registered HCEO then, after obtaining judgment for these fees?

Unless so, it is breaking and entering - see what I am saying? The original debt that had the powers with it, is now exhausted - gone - dead - finished. These fees have no legal standing, so if they do break in great - let me at em

Compo claim would run into thousands.......

I would suggest he calls the court / council that originated the fine and request they contact the bailiff immediately otherwise he'll sue them for allowing this nonsense and threatening behaviour to continue - also, report the actions to the MoJ and Trading Standards for immediate investigation.

If he can, he ought to put a camera by the door and when the bailiff shows up start recording everything and listen to what is said - that will help his case.

Your friend owes no money - simples. He can ring and explain this, but he needs to be firm and to the point. If he doesn't think he'll manage then if necessary I would ring for him, just let me know if that's an option you want to take!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Awesome thanks Niddy...I am sure that my freind would love it if you rang...and will ask him and let you know asap. The bailiff is coming back this evening again at 7.00p.m and he told my friend he is bringing a locksmith.

Shall I give you the details of this bailiff so you can ring?

Comment

Awesome thanks Niddy...I am sure that my freind would love it if you rang...and will ask him and let you know asap. The bailiff is coming back this evening again at 7.00p.m and he told my friend he is bringing a locksmith.

Shall I give you the details of this bailiff so you can ring?
              Hiya

No I need you to give me your mates number so I can ring them and get permission etc as I would need to pretend I am that person! However, I would only do this if exceptional case, ergo I would expect him to ring first and see how he gets on - he needs to be firm and state that if they call he will call the police as he has a receipt confirming there is no debt and as the bailiffs debt has not had judgment nor has it been appointed to a HCEO they have no rights and any rights will result in a police complaint whereby you will vehemently seek prosecution.....

Comment

Did your friend do as the court advised (post #25). If not they need to. They can also send the bailiffs this (Niddy - feel free to remove if the site has similar or better!):

To:
                Acme Bailiff Co
                Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
                a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
                b - the reason for the fee.
                c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
                d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.
                e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

The chances of them turning up tongiht are almost zero, but if they do turn up again, simply phone the police.

Comment

Hi Niddy, sorry was on the phone...my freind did try and ring the bailiff twice but his phone was engaged..I will send you my friends number by pm and see what magic you can come up with...I would do it myself but somehow my male voice impersonations are not that good being a women LOL

Comment

Hi BBoo, I don't my freind has done what you have advised..as he hoped by paying the fine of £250 would be the end of the matter...little did he know it twas not....

Comment

Hiya

What is this - a mobile like? Who is the bailiff? Ring the office and leave a very severe message - I will not do this just cos he can't be arsed, but don't mind helping if he's hitting a brick wall - sorry, huge difference

However he has not done what we're asking so very reluctant to get involved as I do not know what he's saying is actually factual - surely the bailiff know its paid - if so what the hell are they playing at? has he "really" paid it do you think?

I will call but will also lecture him and ask him to do it himself first lol.....

* niddy gets serious at times you know

Comment

I understand Niddy and yes I have seen the recipt and he has paid that I can assure you so its all legit. He says everytime he tried to speak to the bailiff he kept saying that all he is interested in is taking stuff from his house and selling it to pay off the debt. My freind showed him evidence that he paid the £250 but the bailiff said £275 is still outstanding...I can ask him to keep trying to call him

Comment

the court advised that he should inform the bailiff when she calls again and ask for a full breakdown of what the £525 they are claiming is for. The court gave him a receipt and will keep you updated when he has this info.....should be interesting hey.......
                          I would strongly suggest that until anyone gets involved on your friend's behalf, your friend does as he has been advised above, and I would also send the letter I posted a couple of posts ago asking for a breakdown of fees. If the bailiffs still play silly buggers after this, then, but only then, let Niddy loose on them.

Tell your friend to remain polite, show them the receipt (don't let them hold it - just show it, or preferably a copy of it) and ask for the breakdown then say goodbye and shut the door. Job done! As already said, back it up with the letter sent recorded delivery so they have to comply or face the consequences.

Comment

The £275 they claim remains outstanding does not and was never a judgment that formed part of the debt so they can, pardon my french, fuck right off! They need to take action through the courts for it....

So what, does that mean if Marstons decide I owe them £20 for summat they think that cos they are a HCEO they can break into my house? Get real - can they like hell. They need to go through court like everyone else.

Your friend needs to basically ring the police if he sees marstons and locksmith call and physically stop them gaining entry whilst you phone the police.... if anything, get your mate to wait outside at the time they're due with his wife behind the door, leave keys in the door and they'll struggle to open it (if a eurolock style door) - but regardless, all his wife would do is ring 999 and say there are men at your door threatening breaking in - they'll come, you show them the receipt of payment direct to the creditor and then the Police will ask the bailiff to leave.

Comment

Oh great...just had a call from my friend saying that the same bailiff knocked on his door at 7.00a.m this morning and he wants payment in full of £275 OR he will return either this evening or on the weekend with a locksmith and break in...remove his goods (not that he even has a needle to his name) as everything is his wife's....then the bailiff will sell all the stuff collected at auction to pay off the debt.

What the fuck is wrong with these people...
                              Succinctly, they're sociopaths.

They are also pathological liars.

I did try to suggest to my freind to tell the bailiff that he was on JSA and had no possessions...so could pay £1 a month but this bailiff prick wants all of the money in one hit.
                              He probably wants to do his Christmas shopping.

Is there anything my friend can do as he cannot afford to pay all of this in one go, he borrowed some money off his dad and paid the £250 fine....but this bailiff is now harrassing my friend who mind has children in the house and are getting distressed as they are afraid to open the door every time anyone knocks.
                              Yes.

He can and should report that blackmailing bastard to the police who, once they are told that the fine has been paid and they have been reminded of section 4A of the Public Order Act 1986 (link) and section 1 of the Protection From Harassment Act 1998 (link), might stop their usual litany of "Nuffink we can do, it's a civil matter innit" and actually do something useful for a change.

Comment

^^^^^

Thanks CC - very useful info

Comment

Working...
                                X