GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global/Blake Lapthorn LLP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global/Blake Lapthorn LLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global/Blake Lapthorn LLP

Hello,

I have been having some trouble with Arrow Global and Blake Lapthorn. It started with an old debt on a credit card with Virgin Money which has been passed arounf different DCA's.

Arrow have hired Blake Lapthorn to chase up the debt and said they were going to take court action so I made a CCA request to Arrow and informed Blake Lapthorn of this. This was just before Christmas.

Arrow replied and returned the £1 postal order I enclosed to them and said they would obtain the CCA from the orginal creditor.

Today I received a letter from Blake Lapthorn saying that Arrow have fulfilled my request and asking me for my proposals within 7 days of the date of the letter (Feb 26th). But I haven't received anything at all from Arrow since they returned the postal order.

How should I proceed?

Re: Arrow Global/Blake Lapthorn LLP

Hello xolo and to AAD where we do things differently with great results.

The obvious thing to do is write to Blake Lapthorn to inform them that Arrow has not complied with your s.78 CCA request (we have a template letter for that). But before you do that can we have a little bit more information.

Firstly can you email me that latest letter from the solicitor in case it's a formal Letter Before Action which needs a specific response (we have a template letter for that too). They've given you a deadline of 7 days but what did they say would happen if you didn't reply by then since that's next Wednesday which means we better get our skates on.

After that let us know the date you opened the Virgin credit card account and was this done as an online application so we can assess whether you've got a viable defence if the solicitor does issue legal proceedings. It's early days but there's no harm in being fully prepared in case the worst happens which I doubt.

How much is the debt?

Email me the Blake Lapthorn letter using planB@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for your reply and the welcome

I shall email you a copy of the letter shortly, as you'll see, they haven't said anything about what action they will take should I not respond within 7 days.

I opened the Virgin credit card account online around April 2004.

I believe the debt is around £1,500.

Many thanks

Comment

Okay I've got that. It's quite a tame letter as solicitors go, and it's definitely not a Letter Before Action

We'll sort you out a suitable response to send in Monday's post.

Have you got any other debts we can help you with? If so we'll help you to start a diary where we'll tackle them all. Read some of the UE Diaries in this section to see how we work http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...bility-Diaries

Plan B x

Comment

Many thanks Plan B, ggod to know it's not a letter before action!

That's the only debt I've been having some issues with.

Comment

Since you've got an outstanding s.78 CCA request you should send a letter to Blake Lapthorn making it clear that the account is in dispute even though you may have told them that before.

Use this template of ours if you like http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...in-cca-dispute

You won't be able to access that link until you've registered on our other website using the same username and password as on here. If you have any problem with access post on this thread and one of us will help you.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post390479

Get it in the post first class Recorded Delivery on Monday and if they've not signed for it on Tuesday then maybe fax a copy so that you get the message across before their deadline of Wednesday.

Plan B x

Comment

There has been a development since my last post, the mail has arrived and so has the CCA from Arrow Global.

I have scanned the document so can email it over to you if you would like?

Comment

Originally posted by xolo View Post
                the mail has arrived and so has the CCA from Arrow Global.

I have scanned the document so can email it over to you if you would like?
                So Blake Lapthorn weren't telling porkies after all.

Yes please email the CCA to me planB@all-about-debt.co.uk and Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Don't blank anything out and include the covering letter from Arrow too. Also put your username in the subject bar.

I'm sure we'll have a suitable response for you to send the solicitors so go ahead and register on the other site so you're ready to download it before Monday.

Plan B x

Comment

Okay, I've sent off that email with tha CCA attached to yourself and Niddy and I have also registered on the other site.

Comment

You need to check spam and confirm membership by clicking the link in our email.

You have only 50% joined
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by xolo View Post
                      I've sent off that email with tha CCA attached to yourself and Niddy
                      That's arrived safely. I've emailed back to check there isn't a page missing to go with those random Ts & Cs they've sent you. Not even an application form lurking somewhere in the envelope?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        You need to check spam and confirm membership by clicking the link in our email.

You have only 50% joined
                        Thanks for that, I checked my email and have now activated that account.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        That's arrived safely. I've emailed back to check there isn't a page missing to go with those random Ts & Cs they've sent you. Not even an application form lurking somewhere in the envelope?
                        Yes, I've sent over the missing page, sorry about that!

Otherwise that's everything they have sent me.

Comment

The missing page looks like a recon of your online application which you made in 2004. I think (I may be wrong) that online applications made before 2005 had to have a signature so you may have been sent a hard copy to sign with all the relevant prescribed terms after that which they've not provided (yet).

Wait to see what Niddy has to say

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            You have only 50% joined
                            Do you mean he'd got splinched?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              The missing page looks like a recon of your online application which you made in 2004. I think (I may be wrong) that online applications made before 2005 had to have a signature so you may have been sent a hard copy to sign with all the relevant prescribed terms after that which they've not provided (yet).

Wait to see what Niddy has to say
                              You are correct Plan B. Electronic Communications Order came into effect 1st Jan 2005 I believe. Anything prior needed to be backed up by a hard copy signature.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X