GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Plusnet & Dlink dsl-2740 problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plusnet & Dlink dsl-2740 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kilasuit
    replied
    Re: Plusnet & Dlink dsl-2740 problems

distance wise from exchange i am 2.34km away straight line but 4.34km cabled

Leave a comment:

• kilasuit
    replied

an odd one as well i have just had to reboot router and my d/l jumped from 2952kbps to 3470kbps

also about 10 days ago upload jumped from 443 to 880

gonna ring Dlink later as i've found out that i'm stuck with a incorrectly described model

mine actually looks like the dsl-2740b whereas it is definitely the 2740r

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
    my only real bug bear it that its not like once a day disconnections and wireless drops its like 5-10 times in a day.

Also router was bought via Littlewoods and only in april so should i just contact Dlink under warrenty??
    Have you googled this mate?

--> Dlink router keeps dropping wireless - Neowin Forums

--> An Error Has Occurred!

Search --> Let me google that for you

But yea, if it's dropping connectivity (wired) then something is wrong. If it's dropping it (wireless) it could be anything, such as a lead wall/large buildings/all sorts.....

Also, are you close to the exchange?

Leave a comment:

• kilasuit
    replied

my only real bug bear it that its not like once a day disconnections and wireless drops its like 5-10 times in a day.

Also router was bought via Littlewoods and only in april so should i just contact Dlink under warrenty??

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
    Im out of my contract with them and dont really wanna take a new contract until we have moved otherwise gonna have same issue again i reckon
    Just leave it till you move mate, see what is available there as you may end up moving closer/further to an exchange which then affects everything

I'd be waiting, you're not staying there long are you

Leave a comment:

• kilasuit
    started a topic Plusnet & Dlink dsl-2740 problems

Plusnet & Dlink dsl-2740 problems

I have been recently experiencing a fair few wireless drops and also router losing connection

Plusnet are adamant that there is no issue here and seem to think that i have a perfectly good line (although im stuck with 2-3meg, 8 houses down the road can get fibre and get 80meg) and even attempted to tell me that there has been no loss in connection only me rebooting the router. Even their little annoying picture that shows connection starts and end times shows no connection failures.

Although a gap of more than 5minutes kinda shows a problem if you ask me.

Just wondering what a suggested next step is as i have had them plague me with do a speed test all the time and its not a speed issue.

Im out of my contract with them and dont really wanna take a new contract until we have moved otherwise gonna have same issue again i reckon
Working...
X