GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gas boiler - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas boiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas boiler

Hi,

We've been without a boiler now for the last 2 winters, and it's not been pleasent, especially during the really cold spells. The old boiler stopped firing and we got it checked out by BG and an independant who both said it was toast.

We've used electric heaters the 1st year, but wow did the electricity bill shoot up and we're still paying arrears now, last year we tried calor gas heaters, trouble is they don't seem to last long and the bottles are also expensive. Obviously both of these only warmed the house in certain rooms, not the whole place.

So this year as the Mrs credit score isn't as bad as mine tried BG for their money off a boiler offer.......unfortunately she was declined ( 2 different CRA searches with no luck).

Anyhow the BG chap, and this was when he knew she'd been declined said we really needed to get it sorted out because the walls of the house would suffer with continued lack of heating and we may start to get mold etc which could affect our health !!

Now we'd obviously like to get it sorted just for the comfort factor, and oh to be able to turn on the hot tap and have hot water again...., but the main issue is whether it's damaging the house and ultimately possibly the kids health.

So with this in mind, does anyone know of any other way to get a boiler fitted that doesn't involve credit searches ? We thought about a crisis loan but not sure if it's for things like boilers ?

Thanks as always.

Re: Gas boiler

Try these ------- > http://www.help-link.co.uk/about/latest-offers.php
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post

Thanks, have seen the advert (for some reason we get midlands programs even though we're in Essex) but surely that would still involve a credit check for the finance ?

Just seen the gov grant bit, thought that had all stopped. We were actually approved to get a new boiler under that scheme for free, but the Gov pulled the funding for the scheme before the work could be done
      Last edited by lookingforward; 14 September 2012, 13:03.

Comment

Have you looked at this ---> Warm Front Scheme for Central Heating Systems

* That is about ten mins away from me, I'll go nick a boiler for you in the early hours

I find it sad that they insist on a credit search for a fookin boiler then try and tell you that your house and health will suffer - thanks! Next time don't bother mate.....

Best of luck, hope you get something sorted.

** I am not suggesting you are over 60, I just seen that bit but based on your email, you might be!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, A lot of govt grant programs are running the best thing to do is callt he council!

Comment

If by November you do not get anything sorted we'll buy you a couple of calor cannisters to help see you through the winter, courtesy of AAD.

Keep me updated please.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Got my fingers crossed you get some help to get your boiler FUWTW.

IF...x
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                If by November you do not get anything sorted we'll buy you a couple of calor cannisters to help see you through the winter, courtesy of AAD.
                And my other business will match it so there's 4 to get you started

Comment

Keep me updated please.
                  And my other business will match it so there's 4 to get you started

Brilliant Niddy, your a star
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you everyone, really appreciated and Niddy, I really couldn't accept that but thanks for the fantastic offer.

Ps I'm 56, currently waiting on a decision re council tax benefit, not sure if you need to be over 60 full stop or if that's one of the criteria.

The pain is that as I said before, we were approved on the scheme just waiting for the relevent engineer to take on the work, chased a couple of time sto be told, be patient, there's a back-log, then finally "Oh sorry, you're out of time, you'll have to re-apply but the Gov has cut funding so getting WTC doesn't qualify you anymore" grrrrrr

I'll give the council a ring, once they've made a decision on the Council Tax...don't want to overload them lol

Comment

Home Heating Guide - Boiler and Central Heating Installations, Repairs, Maintenance and Advice

this has a lot of info about heating boilers and grants.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                        Thank you everyone, really appreciated and Niddy, I really couldn't accept that but thanks for the fantastic offer.
                        Don't be silly mate! We haven't got the cash to fund a boiler for you but we do have a fighting fund for things like this, as I say I will sort you a few cannisters so at least you have them if you don't get heating sorted in time.

Be proud all you want, remember I do know your address and will just send you the buggers whether you want them or not

But seriously, I do hope you get something sorted - and fast! Sod bugging the council, get ripping into them! Are you on any form of benefits?

Comment

If you have kids they will take a certain shine on this... How old are the kids?

Comment

Don't be silly mate! We haven't got the cash to fund a boiler for you but we do have a fighting fund for things like this, as I say I will sort you a few cannisters so at least you have them if you don't get heating sorted in time.

Be proud all you want, remember I do know your address and will just send you the buggers whether you want them or not

But seriously, I do hope you get something sorted - and fast! Sod bugging the council, get ripping into them! Are you on any form of benefits?

Where's the embarrased smiley
                            Hopefully will shortly be on council tax benefit that and working tax credits.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                              If you have kids they will take a certain shine on this... How old are the kids?

Kids are Boy 19 going on 14 (at college) and Girl 14 going on 19, bless their cotton socks

Comment

Working...
                              X