GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg's demise - who now has my account? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg's demise - who now has my account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg's demise - who now has my account?

I had a loan with Egg which I defaulted on in 2008. I repaid all owed funds shortly after. Soon after this, Egg banking were disbanded and accounts were divided between a number of organisations.

Annoyingly, incorrect information about my Egg loan is showing on my credit reference. As such, I need to contact my new provider to have this remedied. However, I don’t know which company took on my account.

Does anyone know how to find out this information? Unfortunately I don’t still have my account/reference number. If someone has the list of banks, I’d be happy to contact them all.

Thanks in advance!!
    Tim

Re: Egg's demise - who now has my account?

I have an account with experian(credit expert), it includes the details of all the contributors to my report within the information provided.

I know that that whoever currently owns the account is responsible for updating credit information recorded, so this must be your first port of call IMO.

Comment

Hi Gravy

I also use Experian.

Unfortunately, it says that the account is still with Egg Banking PLC and there's no account info or contact info on there other than that (which I can see).

Forgive me if I'm being dim (new to this!)

Thanks
      Tim

Comment

First stop here:

EGG
        Riverside Road
        Pride Park
        Derby
        DE99 3GG

Comment

Originally posted by cocokeelers View Post
          Hi Gravy

I also use Experian.

Unfortunately, it says that the account is still with Egg Banking PLC and there's no account info or contact info on there other than that (which I can see).

Forgive me if I'm being dim (new to this!)

Thanks
          Tim
          No your not being dim at all, when I have had a query I have contacted experian via there email and they supplied the contact details of the credit controller who placed the marker.

I think i would send a disputed marker request and let them check it out, I am sure they will get back to you with the contact details, Niddy is the expert on this stuff and I am sure he will be along to help out shortly.

Comment

That's great advice. Thanks!

Comment

Don't forget to use recorded delivery, could be important later on.

Comment

EGG at Derby have gone. Happened in the summer.

Canada Square Operations (Part of Citi) is who you want if its still with Egg.

Google them they are in worthing I think.

Comment

A big thanks to everyone. I'll contact Experian and also Citi.

I'm also going to reclaim my PPI which I was bullied in to.

Comment

With regards to your PPI claim you may find unless you have proof that you had it that Canada Square will say its a closed account and therefore they have no information. This has been posted on a couple of forums lately

So fingers crossed you do.

Comment

If your loan was closed before March 2011, or if you do not have the details of your new provider, please contact Canada Square Operations (formerly known as Egg Banking plc) at the following address:

Canada Square Operations
                      PO Box 4903
                      Worthing
                      BN99 3AR
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                        With regards to your PPI claim you may find unless you have proof that you had it that Canada Square will say its a closed account and therefore they have no information. This has been posted on a couple of forums lately

So fingers crossed you do.
                        Nonsense lol. They can't say this - I'd SAR them and get a statement thus providing the necessary proof.

Then I'd FOS them for their lies and abuse of process. Yes they must tell you if it was applied to your account upon asking. They must know. They would be breaking the law if they destroyed such paperwork prior to 6yrs - without any online or archive backup.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Only saying what other forums are saying.

Using DPA against us. No reason to keep information beyond when it is needed. As there is no contract as account is closed is the excuse.

Maybe in this case as OP had it till 2008 he maybe fine. But have defo read a number of bods who have this as the response to a SAR.

Comment

I think the OP needs to find out who is currently servicing the data, I believe the CRA have some responsibility in ensuring it is upto date.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                              I think the OP needs to find out who is currently servicing the data, I believe the CRA have some responsibility in ensuring it is upto date.
                              The CRA's are excluded from that responsibility based on them being the data processor not controller (the account owner) hence they only report what the data controller tells them. They do have a duty to investigate once advised of problems but if the controller says leave it then the CRA leaves it.

When probed about this their response is "if we remove it when we perform a monthly feed it just comes back once the controller sends updated share data"...

It's all a croc of shit mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X