GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously?

Hi you guys,

Been a little while however, I received the following letter the other day, and it concerned me slightly as I read somewhere MKRR are forceful and like to go to court, and with a baby on the way I don't think thats an option.

Any ideas and suggestions on what I should do?

They've stayed quiet for a year or two, and then recently started receiving letters again.

Thanks,

TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously?

Read my thread on this. MK Rapid Recoveries Final Notice. started 13/12/2013. See where it takes you.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
      Any ideas and suggestions on what I should do? They've stayed quiet for a year or two, and then recently started receiving letters again.
      Hello TM.

Which debt is this for? Different creditors need different treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Hello TM.

Which debt is this for? Different creditors need different treatment.
        Hey PlanB

This is for a £1200 debt to Barclaycard.

Hope this helps,

TM

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

This is for a £1200 debt to Barclaycard.
          I've peeped at some of your other threads but I can't figure out which debt this is so can you post up a bit more detail. Was it opened before 2007? I doubt it because you'd have been under 18 at that point wouldn't you? But there may be other ways to stall them.

Comment

I've peeped at some of your other threads but I can't figure out which debt this is so can you post up a bit more detail. Was it opened before 2007? I doubt it because you'd have been under 18 at that point wouldn't you? But there may be other ways to stall them.
            It was opened on 26/01/2012, ar atleast thats when my credit report says it was opened.

Hopefully this helps

TM

TibetanMonk
            On Debt Row

Comment

The balance is £1,117

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

MKRR do have a reputation to be trigger happy, though doesn't mean they can't be seen off.

What is the history? Have you sent them a CCA request for the alleged debt yet?
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It was opened on 26/01/2012

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  Have you sent them a CCA request for the alleged debt yet?

I think we may be looking for a different trick since the account was opened in 2012

I'm not sure what to suggest to be honest except don't ignore the letter.

Comment

I think we may be looking for a different trick since the account was opened in 2012
                    For sure but I wasn't thinking of looking to go down the UE route, there are other things that the CCA may contain that should be considered to be fully informed, for example it's helpful to establish whether the agreement has a provision allowing a creditor to claim contractual interest even after a judgement has been made.
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                      there are other things that the CCA may contain that should be considered to be fully informed, for example it's helpful to establish whether the agreement has a provision allowing a creditor to claim contractual interest even after a judgement has been made.
                      So maybe TM should reply to the MKRR letter with a *query* which should stop them escalating the account to Keynes Collections who may well issue a summons. Perhaps he should keep the conversation with MKRR/MKDP going as long as possible.

When it gets referred to Keynes (and it will as sure as night follows day) that could be the optimum moment to hit them (Keynes all part of the same Compello Group as MKDP/MKRR) with a CCA request to prevent a court summons.

TM we don't know what you're received so far from MKDP/MKRR and what you've said in response if anyhting. Fill us in on that and maybe the way forward is to become annoying (I'm sure you'll be good at that ) by asking loads of questions about the debt such as "What debt? Who says I owe you anything? Prove it?" since they have bought this account/debt off Barclaycard which has the potential to be problematic legally speaking if Barclaycard didn't get the sale/transfer paperwork right.

I've kept the same team at arms' length for over three years by continually threatening them with Formal Complaints which will be referred to the FOS. It is possible to wear them down

We don't know enough about this account to assess whether it has a legal loophole for you but answer all questions we ask and we'll do what we can to help.

Comment

So maybe TM should reply to the MKRR letter with a *query* which should stop them escalating the account to Keynes Collections who may well issue a summons. Perhaps he should keep the conversation with MKRR/MKDP going as long as possible.

When it gets referred to Keynes (and it will as sure as night follows day) that could be the optimum moment to hit them (Keynes all part of the same Compello Group as MKDP/MKRR) with a CCA request to prevent a court summons.

TM we don't know what you're received so far from MKDP/MKRR and what you've said in response if anyhting. Fill us in on that and maybe the way forward is to become annoying (I'm sure you'll be good at that ) by asking loads of questions about the debt such as "What debt? Who says I owe you anything? Prove it?" since they have bought this account/debt off Barclaycard which has the potential to be problematic legally speaking if Barclaycard didn't get the sale/transfer paperwork right.

I've kept the same team at arms' length for over three years by continually threatening them with Formal Complaints which will be referred to the FOS. It is possible to wear them down

We don't know enough about this account to assess whether it has a legal loophole for you but answer all questions we ask and we'll do what we can to help.
                        Hi all,

I've not said anything to them, I think I sent a CCA request to BC, but can't remember and it wouldn't have been via post. I've checked my sent items but again can't find it.

So is the debt now legally owned by MKRR? As I didn't get told that the debt is now legally owned by MKRR, do they have to tell me? BC closed down their default and MKRR have just opened up another, so BC's now says satisfied or settled and the MKRR is now 04-14 so means another 6 years from that date to become SB? Am I right?

More than happy to be annoying to them, and yes mate I should be good at that ya cheeky bugger

I just don't want to court, ideally I don't want to pay them. They're bullies and their letters use scare tactics.

What should I do?

TM

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

Comment

I think I sent a CCA request to BC, but can't remember and it wouldn't have been via post. I've checked my sent items but again can't find it.

. . . . so means another 6 years from that date to become SB? Am I right?

. . . I just don't want to court, ideally I don't want to pay them. They're bullies and their letters use scare tactics.
                          If your CCA request didn't go via post then you probably didn't send them the £1 statutory fee so they may well have ignored your request.

A debt becomes SB six years (5 in Scotland) after you last made payment or acknowledged the debt so that would be a long way off and I doubt you'll keep them talking that long without a summons being issued.

Yes they are bullies and those letters are scare tactics, but they're also tactics which MKDP tend to follow through when met with a wall of silence. They send the letters in an attempt to sort out the 'can't pay' from the 'won't pay'.

Comment

If your CCA request didn't go via post then you probably didn't send them the £1 statutory fee so they may well have ignored your request.

A debt becomes SB six years (5 in Scotland) after you last made payment or acknowledged the debt so that would be a long way off and I doubt you'll keep them talking that long without a summons being issued.

Yes they are bullies and those letters are scare tactics, but they're also tactics which MKDP tend to follow through when met with a wall of silence. They send the letters in an attempt to sort out the 'can't pay' from the 'won't pay'.
                            But surely they can't default me because the default lies with BC? I see that as rather unfair considering I'd not paid/acknowledged for 2 years then they decide to add another default. And they even used a different address, one that I've never lived at.

What do you suggest I do? A CCA request? Enclosing the £1 postal order? Recorded delivery obviously. Or do I ring them and set-up a payment plan, I don't really want to, as they're bullies. And it's almost like admitting defeat if I pay :/

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

The new Default should replace the existing one entered by Barclays and the Barclays one will not be shown to people viewing your profile. So if you had a DN by barclays on 01/01/2010 and then MKKR took over the deabt and changed the date to show 20/06/14 (presumably a random date they purchased the debt) then this is INCORRECT - all MKKR can do is close the barclays default as at the same date they take over, so in theory using the same example the MKKR default would show 01/01/2010 and the Barclays entry would be settled (and not viewable).

A default does not affect SB as you did not action the change. ONLY if you acknowledge the debt or pay into it will it affect SB.

Your start date, was it genuinely 2012 or is this the date that MKKR took over the account/default?
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X