GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously?

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
    I've printed off the CCA request so will get postal order in the morning, anyone know how much it costs?
    £1 and it's worth every penny!

This will buy you time and confuse them too

Comment

That letter is from MKRR not Keynes so it's not a date-specific Letter Before Action

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        That letter is from MKRR not Keynes so it's not a date-specific Letter Before Action
        As we all know it wont be unenforceable, forgive me if I'm being stupid, but what's the reason behind the CCA request? I know its for something but I cant figure out what.

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

As we all know it wont be unenforceable, forgive me if I'm being stupid, but what's the reason behind the CCA request? I know its for something but I cant figure out what.

It's to buy you time to do a deal with them direct in preference to going to court. Before that we'll rack our brains for any possible flaws in the agreement which could either help with your negotiations or put them on the back foot.

Sadly sometimes there is no escape from a debt particularly one from 2012

Having said that if you've got a valid argument about the wrong default which could end up with the FOS then this could drag things out for up to a year.

Comment

It's to buy you time to do a deal with them direct in preference to going to court. Before that we'll rack our brains for any possible flaws in the agreement which could either help with your negotiations or put them on the back foot.

Sadly sometimes there is no escape from a debt particularly one from 2012

Having said that if you've got a valid argument about the wrong default which could end up with the FOS then this could drag things out for up to a year.
            Happy days. I mean if I have to pay it I have to pay it. But of course, would love it to be UE, or at least a way of negotiating price. It would seem that theres £300 of interest/charges as my credit limit was £800. Which of course was maxed. I'm guessing theres no way of Barclaycard to take the debt back, and me pay minimum payments, like you would if the card was active? As the minimum payments wouldn't be much.

TibetanMonk
            On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Barclays have terminated the account and sold it to someone else. Unless MKDP choose to return the account to Barclays you're stuck with them. They'll have bought it for very little so should be willing to do a deal and still make a profit.

Comment

Barclays have terminated the account and sold it to someone else. Unless MKDP choose to return the account to Barclays you're stuck with them. They'll have bought it for very little so should be willing to do a deal and still make a profit.
                Have you ever heard of a credit card debt being sold back to the issuer, then being made active again? So for use.

TibetanMonk
                On Debt Row

Comment

Have you ever heard of a credit card debt being sold back to the issuer, then being made active again? So for use.
                  I've never heard of this, and I'm not sure if this is even legally possible once an agreement is terminated?
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    I've never heard of this, and I'm not sure if this is even legally possible once an agreement is terminated?
                    I thought that. But you never know with banks now a days. I might ring them and ask. Whats the worst that could happen.

TibetanMonk
                    On Debt Row

Comment

I thought that. But you never know with banks now a days. I might ring them and ask. Whats the worst that could happen.
                      Why would you want to do that?

Personally I think this would be like waving a red flag to a bull when it comes to MKRR and would only encourage them to issue proceedings (especially if your ringing to ask if the account could be re-established, as they may take that as you have the means to pay).
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Why would you want to do that?

Personally I think this would be like waving a red flag to a bull when it comes to MKRR and would only encourage them to issue proceedings (especially if your ringing to ask if the account could be re-established, as they may take that as you have the means to pay).
                        But surely they would prefer re-establishing the account as they would be receiving payment, where as of now they've received no payment. I'm surprised they issue proceedings for debts as small as mine, as I assumed it'd be counter productive. Can you go bankrupt with a job and only £9k debt? I'm fed up of this stress all the time.

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

Comment

But surely they would prefer re-establishing the account as they would be receiving payment, where as of now they've received no payment. I'm surprised they issue proceedings for debts as small as mine, as I assumed it'd be counter productive. Can you go bankrupt with a job and only £9k debt? I'm fed up of this stress all the time.
                          If they've sold it to MKRR then they have no interest in it. It'll have been written off the balance sheet, and there is even tax relief they can claim against it.

MKRR will now be looking at making a profit on their 'investment'. This is why PlanB has suggested sending the CCA request - it buys you time (legally), and then also sends them a clear signal that the profit margin may not be what they are after.

If it looks like you can drag things out for some time then they are more likely to accept a low F&F offer to close the account.

Please don't get down, this is how they get to you - grind you down so that you make decisions you wouldn't normally. We all have ups/downs, thats where AAD can help you in the down times.

Don't let them worry you - there is a system to use so 'play it' and hopefully you will get to a favourable outcome.

Best
                          SnV
                          Last edited by SaltnVinegar; 11 July 2014, 12:57. Reason: Misread question

Comment

If they've sold it to MKRR then they have no interest in it. It'll have been written off the balance sheet, and there is even tax relief they can claim against it.

MKRR will now be looking at making a profit on their 'investment'. This is why PlanB has suggested sending the CCA request - it buys you time (legally), and then also sends them a clear signal that the profit margin may not be what they are after.

If it looks like you can drag things out for some time then they are more likely to accept a low F&F offer to close the account.

Please don't get down, this is how they get to you - grind you down so that you make decisions you wouldn't normally. We all have ups/downs, thats where AAD can help you in the down times.

Don't let them worry you - there is a system to use so 'play it' and hopefully you will get to a favourable outcome.

Best
                            SnV
                            Hi SnV,

I wonder how much they bought the debt for. Would an SAR show this or no?

Yeah I know, I'm being silly. I just want to be debt free, just like the other billions of people in debt, lol. Just wish I thought about the consequences prior to doing it all.

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

BarclayCard_CCA.pdf

Hi all,

I've attached the CCA I've received from Barclaycard. I've blanked out my name and account numbers, but the rest is how it was sent. It's a recon agreement. not the original. Could someone have a look for me?

Thanks,

TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk
                              On Debt Row

Comment

Can someone help?

TibetanMonk
                                On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                                X