GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKRR - Monkeys or take seriously?

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
    But surely they can't default me because the default lies with BC?
    Yes they can - anyone can re-add the original default in their name - with the CRA - anyone that purchases the debt can...

Read this - you're totally confused

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      So maybe TM should reply to the MKRR letter with a *query* which should stop them escalating the account to Keynes Collections who may well issue a summons. Perhaps he should keep the conversation with MKRR/MKDP going as long as possible.
      Yes absolutely - especially now they have pulled a dirty trick like the one below

So is the debt now legally owned by MKRR? As I didn't get told that the debt is now legally owned by MKRR, do they have to tell me? BC closed down their default and MKRR have just opened up another, so BC's now says satisfied or settled and the MKRR is now 04-14 so means another 6 years from that date to become SB? Am I right?
      You should have received a Notice of Assignment, but an argument of "I didn't receive one" wouldn't be fatal to any claim they may issue. However, MKRR registering another Default with the CRA's for the same debt is very naughty and worth a formal complaint. Thats one of the things you can use here to drag things out, however I can't think of a way of how you could use this without acknowledging the debt which is not helpful to get to SB.

What do you suggest I do? A CCA request? Enclosing the £1 postal order? Recorded delivery obviously. Or do I ring them and set-up a payment plan, I don't really want to, as they're bullies. And it's almost like admitting defeat if I pay :/
      I think a simple 'Prove It' letter at this stage, asking them for proof of the debt is enough to get them to put the account 'On Hold' and then you can take it from there.

But if you provide no response at all MKRR are very likely to send this to Keynes Collections and they are known to be trigger happy.

Sorry to say, but I think personally your best route here is to challenge them on the incorrect CRA entry, and let them know that they can't mess you about and eventually come to a settlement.
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

But they cannot alter the date of default to the date they took over the account???? can they? as the default was say 1 year before and recorded by the originator on CRA file as default??
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've said above the date is static. The new owner can ONLY replace the existing data with their own as a duplicate entry but the original then gets marked settled.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I've said above the date is static. The new owner can ONLY replace the existing data with their own as a duplicate entry but the original then gets marked settled.
            So my complaint to Noddle was correct as Capquest have stated default date is from the date they purchased my Very account and not the shop direct default date, (albeit the account was in dispute by shop direct)

Experian (just testing) state the no default in the name of Capquest.
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 June 2014, 09:41.

Comment

Experian - not Expedia!

Noddle is crap. I'd not pay too much attention but if crapquest did add a NEW default it needs amending via dispute against the Noddle entry so complain to Noddle first.

Comment

Experian - not Expedia!

Noddle is crap. I'd not pay too much attention but if crapquest did add a NEW default it needs amending via dispute against the Noddle entry so complain to Noddle first.
                already put the dispute into Noddle.

Comment

Yes they can - anyone can re-add the original default in their name - with the CRA - anyone that purchases the debt can...

Read this - you're totally confused

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974
                  Hi Mate,

You're right I'm confused. I'm also shitting it, to put it bluntly.

Okay, so the POA:-

1) CCA Request to be sent ASAP enclosing a £1 Postal Order
                  2) Lodge complaint with FOS regarding the incorrect use of defaults?
                  3) Do not bury my head in the sand any longer
                  4) Work out how to come to a mutually acceptable agreement

Anything else I'm missing?

Yes, 2012 was the genuine open date, that's direct from my CR at Experian. (From the BC defaulty - Account Opening Date)
                  Sorry if I am, my brain is frazzled at the moment. I feel like I'm going insane. And the threat of court isn't helping. Gah, why did I even get myself into this mess, such a bloody stupid mistake. And definitely not worth it.

TibetanMonk
                  On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

1. Sure send a CCA Request
                    2. No - who said to go to FOS? You need to complain to the business and the the CRA's first
                    3. Good plan!
                    4. Why? Get the CCA first and lets see......

Comment

2. No - who said to go to FOS? You need to complain to the business and the the CRA's first
                      3. Good plan!

I have complained to Noddle, they've removed the account. Experian I will raise today, and I'll print & sign the CCA request today using the finest template on the net, at AAD.

So with the complaint to MKDR, is that wise at the moment? Won't that make them more inclined to send it to MKC?

TM

TibetanMonk
                      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Sorry, the last part. Plain English please mate.

what complaint?

Comment

Sorry, the last part. Plain English please mate.

what complaint?

I assumed by the business, you meant MKRR? lol, sorry if you didnt.

TibetanMonk
                          On Debt Row

Comment

Okay, so, asked the missus to post a letter for me, she didn't, so i've received another letter with a final letter before action, worded differently to the one above. I'll try and take a picture tonight. I'm also going to get a postal order and send the CCA request tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

asked the missus to post a letter for me, she didn't, so i've received another letter with a final letter before action, worded differently to the one above. I'll try and take a picture tonight. I'm also going to get a postal order and send the CCA request tomorrow.

Is this a LBA from Keynes? If so what's the deadline they've set because Keynes do issue court proceedings and this debt is from 2012 so not unenforceable?

Get that CCA request off to them tomorrow. With respect you should have sent it to them on 23rd June like Niddy suggested.

3. Good plan!

Don't blame the missus because this is not her debt and she'd heavily pregnant. You need to take ownership of your debts. I don't mean to sound bossy, but we can only help you if you also help yourself.

Comment

http://tinypic.com/r/2l8w8si/8

That's the letter I've received, PlanB. I'm not blaming my missus, was just saying I asked her.

Anywho, I've printed off the CCA request so will get postal order in the morning, anyone know how much it costs?

TibetanMonk
                                On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                                X