GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest - can someone help me?

Hi I am new here so hope I am doing the right thing, I really hope someone out there can help me. After moving my bank account years ago and not closing my Natwest account I found that I had racked up nearly £2k in charges, I used a credit card to pay them off and stupidly still didn't close the account, what I hadn't realised was I hadn't completely cleared the charges and now find that I am back up to £2k in charges, I have written to them many times claiming unfair charges etc but either get no response or a stupid letter saying they can stop some of my direct debits to help me out, I wrote back and said this account hasn't been used in years so they can't actually do that. I also requested that the account be frozen but it doesn't appear that they took any notice of that either. Anyway, I recently received another letter about being over my overdraft and wrote back again, pointing out the request for the account to be frozen and about unfair charges etc which come to more than I owe (by about £200 based on 6 years) but today I have received a letter threatening legal action! Really don't know what to do, should I call them, contact the ombudsman?? Advice gratefully received
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

im sure someone will be alone shortly, but i will be going through that problem soon enough with the Crapwest bank, but other members on here, and the great and powerful Niddy will be alone to help shortly, but welcome

I can say from under a week of being here that this community doesn't bully people into posting things like an SOA, or basically using bullying tactics and a lot of the time we've all been in the same boat so don't worry too much

Comment

Thank you so much, its very kind of you to welcome me! Good luck with your crapwest issues too, kind of scary getting this letter today after years of nothing and now they are saying I have 28 days to pay in full or make an arrangement for payment or they are going to post stuff with all the credit agencies and take me to court! If I believed I genuinely owed it then I would find a way of paying it but it seems so unfair that it is all charges on a disused account and they didn't freeze it when I asked or try to come to some arrangement when I have written to them! Really don't know what to do next but know it has to be something quick! Sorry I rambled, only meant to say thanks!
      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hi & welcome

Let me get this straight, you previously paid over £2k of charges and now you've got the same again? For real...? Well that's not right, they can go and f*ck a duck if they think you'll pay again

If so you need a SAR so we can calculate it all then hit them with an unfairness claim. Adapt this to suit and get it sent (with a tenner) asap --> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request - allaboutDEBT UK

Then come back to us when you get the info, and we'll get this sorted for you
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you very much, will this stop them being able to take legal action or send info to credit agencies while it is being sorted? I have previously had copies of statements from them, that is where I got the £2k figure from, is it ok to ask for it again?

Comment

No it won't stop legal action but its unlikely they will anyway.

Hold fire till morning and I'll edit the template suited to you and post it here. It'll be early so ample time to post in morning.

Can you please though give some more details such as elaborate on the previous charges and payment and also currently, who threatened legal action (natpest or a dca?)

Do you have all statements from time last used until now, showing ALL charges? Regards the credit agencies - that's out of our hands. We'll try and fight any adverse entries but I suspect it's already been defaulted. Have you checked? What does equifax/experian show as this entry? Was it over 6yrs ago that you last used the account and when did you last settle it via credit card?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you again, I can see why everyone says you are brilliant! Its about 2 years since I paid it off with a credit card and no I don't have up to date statements, I requested them a few years ago so the £2k was for the 6 years prior. The letter I have received today is from Natwest Business Collections Centre and says formal intention to file a default and take action to recover the debt, another page which says notice served under sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 and an office of fair trading notice default notice information sheet Have to say I feel like a total idiot letting it get to this! Thank you for helping.

Comment

Ok so when you paid the £2k - you say that was for the past 6 years. Can you get dates please? Are they on the statements you do have? I need the date you left the account when you moved banks (approx date) and the date you paid that £2k

If you paid a statute barred debt then you'll hopefully be asking for and subsequently getting that £2k back (if we can argue due harassment enough)....

Comment

ps that's a standard debt chaser letter. Don't worry about that.

Was this a business or personal account? Also, have you EVER been defaulted on this account? Have you ever seen your credit file?

Comment

Sorry no, the £2k I paid was to clear the OD that had built up after transferring my account around 2008/2009 and I paid that in about Nov 2010, the charges they are asking for now have built up since then because I didn't clear the full amount owed. The statements I have are from 2004 to 2010 which is when I started writing them asking them to refund the charges, they refused so I paid it and here I am again....

Comment

When the account was in use, the OD was used and I know it went over the agreed limit but with salary being added shortly after. It was a personal account and no haven't seen credit file in many years, head in sand thing, sad I know

Comment

Ok can you confirm the exact amount you paid, the date you paid it and how you paid it please. Lets try another angle.

So the date you paid that £2k but also clarify the exact amount paid, how did you pay it (over phone?) and was the account used after that date you paid the £2k...?

Comment

Back at 6am. Try and provide as much info as poss. If necessary pm me

Comment

I will have to check the date I paid it, payment made via credit card website as I remember, like a balance transfer kind of thing. Is it worth paying it to call off the dogs and then reclaiming or does it not work that way?

Comment

Cookie

Hi and welcome.

Just follow Niddys promptings. The dogs normally get put back in the kennel pretty quickly but he will also advise you honestly if its time to raise the white flag.

No white flags yet so do try and get as much info to him as he is asking. The more clear hard evidence he has the better the help becomes.

Most of us arrive here in a panic me included. But the guys & gals guide you pretty good.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X