GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

Thanks and sorry, I know I am panicking a bit and if the default they have put on my record wasn't affecting other parts of my life, mortgage, new bank account etc so I cannot get good deals and am stuck with what I have then I wouldn't mind it taking 5 years.

PlanB has given me some confidence about the interest rates not going up soon but I would still like to be getting myself into a fixed deal and can't because of the default.

I will try to be more patient.....
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
      Thanks and sorry, I know I am panicking a bit and if the default they have put on my record wasn't affecting other parts of my life, mortgage, new bank account etc so I cannot get good deals and am stuck with what I have then I wouldn't mind it taking 5 years.

PlanB has given me some confidence about the interest rates not going up soon but I would still like to be getting myself into a fixed deal and can't because of the default.

I will try to be more patient.....
      Send a chaser to them then, literally send a copy of the original letter with a new cover note asking for an update...... see if that hurries things up? But they do, in fairness, have 8 weeks to respond to any formal looking complaint.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, thank you for your help
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Send a chaser to them then, literally send a copy of the original letter with a new cover note asking for an update...... see if that hurries things up? But they do, in fairness, have 8 weeks to respond to any formal looking complaint.
          Well, their 8 weeks is up tomorrow....do you think I should do anything, chase it, take it to the ombudsman?? Also did I hear that there was some new rule about not adding a default to credit records if the account was in dispute and that they can get in trouble for doing it??

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
            Thank you again, I can see why everyone says you are brilliant! Its about 2 years since I paid it off with a credit card and no I don't have up to date statements, I requested them a few years ago so the £2k was for the 6 years prior. The letter I have received today is from Natwest Business Collections Centre and says formal intention to file a default and take action to recover the debt, another page which says notice served under sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 and an office of fair trading notice default notice information sheet Have to say I feel like a total idiot letting it get to this! Thank you for helping.
            Is this Brindley Place, Birmingham Buisiness centre? Did you ever receive any calls or letters from a Telford address?

Comment

Originally posted by brummie View Post
              Is this Brindley Place, Birmingham Buisiness centre? Did you ever receive any calls or letters from a Telford address?
              Hi brummie, sorry had to check my now bulging box file of paperwork about Crapwest, I believe that particular letter came from Rotherham, but have letters from Essex to Edinburgh from them!

Don't think I have had any calls from them but wouldn't speak to them about it over the phone anyway, meed to be able to prove anything they say, plus I might say the wrong thing and make things worse! If that is possible!

Can I ask why you were asking, do you think they might've been trying to call me??

Comment

Sorry don't mean to butt in, but iv'e had a lot of dealings with Nat West over the last few years. My Buisiness account was trhansfered to a rather dubios department based in Telford, and wondered if there was any connection with yours. I asked the question as i'm wondering why a buisiness section are chasing you on a personal account.....or have i missed something? Appologies if i have....

Comment

Sorry don't mean to butt in, but iv'e had a lot of dealings with Nat West over the last few years. My Buisiness account was trhansfered to a rather dubios department based in Telford, and wondered if there was any connection with yours. I asked the question as i'm wondering why a buisiness section are chasing you on a personal account.....or have i missed something? Appologies if i have....
                  Oh no, you weren't butting in...always happy to get info and advice, didn't know it was a business section that was contacting me, my OH had a business account with them but they were separate accounts, he was really unhappy with the 'service' and as we have this other issue going on with them I suggested he close the account, which he has done. If they would bother to respond to my SAR which was sent to them last May then I may have a better idea of what they are doing, maybe they are mixing up the 2 accounts somehow!!

Comment

Right.....
                    Now not saying this is your position, but.....when i borrowed on my buisiness account, it was linked with my personal account. If i needed to do anything with my personal account, it had to go through a buisiness manager, and all got very messy. If any of this rings a bell, then please say as i might be able to give you some more input.

Comment

Thanks, um, pretty sure they weren't linked but maybe in their system they were somehow, we never borrowed anything via the business account so maybe thats why it never came up. The disagreement now is really about the overdraft on the personal account and their ridiculous charges, plus now they have not responded to my SAR, sold it to 2 DCA's and put a default on my credit record whilst it is in dispute! To$$ers!! Any thoughts??

Comment

Yup......don't worry about it. I have taken them to court on my own, without any representation, and got a result. As far as DCA'S......well. Treat them with the contempt they deserve.

I am pretty new to this post and will keep watching. These guys know what they are doing, so please keep the faith.

Comment

Thanks brummie, I will keep fighting until someone, probably Niddy, tells me that I haven't got a hope in hell and to throw in the towel!!

So glad I found this place, the advice and support here is second to none!

And good luck with yours too!

Comment

Sorry don't mean to butt in, but iv'e had a lot of dealings with Nat West over the last few years. My Business account was transfered to a rather dubious department based in Telford, and wondered if there was any connection with yours. I asked the question as I'm wondering why a business section are chasing you on a personal account.
                            The tossers in Telford would presumably have been RBS / NatWorst Recoveries Department, also known as Triton Credit Services or, to some of their victims, as Try-It-On.

They are generally reckoned to have been unmitigated bullies and unpardonable liars.

I understood that they'd been closed down, though, as part of the cost cutting measures at RBS. I do hope their threat monkeys all ended up in financial hardship as a result.

Comment

My...you are a clever-cloggs! How did you guess.....lol

Cookie.....did you ever have a card or any overdraught on the buisiness account?

Comment

Thanks CleverClogs, I still find it hard to believe that companies are allowed to treat people the way they do, it's like the authorities either don't know or care what they do!

Comment

Working...
                                X