GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - can someone help me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Natwest - can someone help me?

Originally posted by brummie View Post
    My...you are a clever-cloggs! How did you guess.....lol

Cookie.....did you ever have a card or any overdraught on the buisiness account?
    Overdraft I think, not sure really as it wasn't my account, why?
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Don't stress. Natpest rarely go the full hog and sue. Keep us updated with threats - we'll guide you right
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cookie there is a very good chance that possibly, without your knowledge, your buisiness account borrowing was linked to your personal account. These links were then distributed throughout the Nat West group, with "buisiness managers" running personal accounts linked to buisiness accounts all over the country. The reason behind it was control......control of both your accounts allowing the bank first call when it came to the crunch....maybe admin can advise further, but i think it's an avenue worth exploring for you....

Comment

As far as DCA'S......well. Treat them with the contempt they deserve.
          A few years ago, the jerks at Try-It-On in Telford threatened to take me to court :
          • to obtain an attachment to earnings order, or
          • to obtain an attachment to benefits order, or
          • to obtain a charging order against my house, which would then allow them to sell it (or so they claimed) or
          • to make me bankrupt

They did not care to mention in their threatening letter that they'd first need a CCJ against me for any Order to be granted, or that they'd have more than slight difficulty with either of the latter two options as I only owed the buggers £233.

Comment

My...you are a clever-cloggs!
            I chose my sobriquet with care.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Don't stress. Natpest rarely go the full hog and sue. Keep us updated with threats - we'll guide you right
              Thanks Niddy, not heard anything from anyone for 8 weeks but I will let you know if/when I do!

Cookie there is a very good chance that possibly, without your knowledge, your buisiness account borrowing was linked to your personal account. These links were then distributed throughout the Nat West group, with "buisiness managers" running personal accounts linked to buisiness accounts all over the country. The reason behind it was control......control of both your accounts allowing the bank first call when it came to the crunch....maybe admin can advise further, but i think it's an avenue worth exploring for you....
              Definitely worth keeping in mind but without the info I have requested I am in the dark on the full details!

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              A few years ago, the jerks at Try-It-On in Telford threatened to take me to court :
              • to obtain an attachment to earnings order, or
              • to obtain an attachment to benefits order, or
              • to obtain a charging order against my house, which would then allow them to sell it (or so they claimed) or
              • to make me bankrupt

They did not care to mention in their threatening letter that they'd first need a CCJ against me for any Order to be granted, or that they'd have more than slight difficulty with either of the latter two options as I only owed the buggers £233.
              OMG that's pretty threatening, scary to receive things like that as well!
              Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

"business managers" running personal accounts linked to business accounts all over the country.
                I'd not trust those berks to run a bath.

The reason behind it was control......control of both your accounts allowing the bank first call when it came to the crunch.
                And, presumably, to exercise the "right of offset" - a sort of financial droit du seigneur. (link)

Comment

I like it, thanks for the link or I wouldn't know what you were on about!

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
                    I like it, thanks for the link or I wouldn't know what you were on about!
                    Both the "right of offset" and the droit du seigneur are the presumed right to the first screw.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
                      It's like the authorities either don't know or care what they do!
                      That's why I called the OFT the Office of Faffing and Twaddling.

Comment

Brilliant, hope I remember it, feel like it could come in useful one day!

Comment

I will try to keep it short, and not diversify your post too much, as lots of people are working on your stuff.

I had a personal, buisiness and mortgage with them. When i borrowed on my buisiness account, all the accounts were linked. This meant a marker was placed on my personal account. When i needed to do anything other than check a balance, i.e. to order a cheque book or OD on the personal account, it would not allow general staff to access it and referred me to my buisiness manager. Now the buisiness manager ended up being some bloke in Manchester, with the accounts held in Birmingham, and me living on the south coast.....and i could never get hold of him. After the buisiness was closed down, Telford CMS got hold of the account. This is how stupid they were: all the correspondance was getting sent to my old Birmingham address. I had left this address 6 years before, informed the bank of change of address, and sold the property re-paying the mortgage to them.....and they still blamed me for not telling them i had moved, lol

My point to you, without trying to confuse the situation for you is;

Your accounts may have or may be linked via your buisiness borrowing, and that marker might be in place. This would stop certain levels of their intranet accessing your information. If you have moved since inception of the buisiness account, your details may not have been up-dated. Maybe somebody could advise you of how to check, quietly, as to not leave any foot-prints....

Comment

I understood that they'd been closed down, though, as part of the cost cutting measures at RBS. I do hope their threat monkeys all ended up in financial hardship as a result. [/QUOTE]

Telford CMS was closed down, and the department moved to Brindley Place in Birmingham. The whole department stank of wrong, and left RBS with a bit of a headache. There have been various rumours about their methods including cooking the books to get the dept. up the ladder scale. It has been discussed by members of parliment, but i don't know where it has gone. I personnaly hope that one day the whole bubble bursts and it all comes out into the open, but of course my comments are without predjudice and of pure speculation, and i have no evidence to uphold my comments.....lol

Comment

I understood that they'd been closed down, though, as part of the cost cutting measures at RBS. I do hope their threat monkeys all ended up in financial hardship as a result.
                              Telford CMS was closed down, and the department moved to Brindley Place in Birmingham. The whole department stank of wrong, and left RBS with a bit of a headache. There have been various rumours about their methods including cooking the books to get the dept. up the ladder scale. It has been discussed by members of parliment, but i don't know where it has gone. I personnaly hope that one day the whole bubble bursts and it all comes out into the open, but of course my comments are without predjudice and of pure speculation, and i have no evidence to uphold my comments.....lol

[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is why they won't send me the information requested from the SAR letter - has always made me think they must have something to hide, otherwise why would they just not send it!!

Comment

I would keep it on the back-burner, and run with what niddy and the gang are telling you to do. You have an ace card to play, as you have kept all your records and they have not provided you eith the information you requested. Just keep calm and let it develope. Let them dig their hole deeper.....

Comment

Working...
                                X