GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA Bank Dilemma - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA Bank Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattyA Bank Dilemma

I also note that M&S products are issued by HSBC - which worries me TBH - They are my main bank who I have kept sweet to date O/D & CC with them - was going to tackle them last - Once I knew the outcome with my other stuff. They also own GM crd I found out this week ,which I have and is UE - I think alarm bells must be sounding in HSBC now.

Time to get another account set up PDQ me thinks.

Re: MattyA UE Diary

Matty. we opened a Basic bank account with the Co-op Bank....You get a debit card and cheque book, but you do not get, not do you want an Overdraft facility.

We have been with them for almost 3 years now, and opened it just before we started our DMP. They are quite strict and from what I have read from other users they frown on going overdrawn......I can't say for sure 'cos I make sure that it never happens.

I believe that Barclays also do a Basic bank account, but remember don't open an account if you have any loans or cc with them now.

This link may help you, but have a look at the Bank acount section on here,

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=81

Comment

Hi ;Hi1

Another vote for the Co-op Cashminder account from me.

Took me a couple of minutes to set up over the phone and they gave me my account details straight away, so your wages could go into the account immediately.

I was concerned about the lack of branches but cheques can be paid in free of charge at the PO, internet banking works fine, lack of overdraft can be a pain - you just have to literally watch the pennies !

So much nicer to deal with than LTSB ;-y
      One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
      Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Yes the Co-op are good but i see Matty has an o/s cc with them so no good. ;N

Think the Yorkshire Bank maybe for you--> viewtopic.php?p=479#p479

Comment

Yes, ignore my post Matty, thanks for pointing that out swanfan !

That will teach me to reply without reading the first page of the diary,

Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 17 January 2012, 04:07.
          One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
          Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Nationwide Building Society is another - i opened on online and decsion was made there and then instantly (cash card account, if regular monies are going in and out, they'll up date to to Visa Debt account) turn around was 3 months....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio
              Nationwide Building Society is another - i opened on online and decsion was made there and then instantly (cash card account, if regular monies are going in and out, they'll up date to to Visa Debt account) turn around was 3 months....
              Is this upgrade to a full bank account or just a debit card; still with cashminder style account?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                Originally posted by 5corpio
                Is this upgrade to a full bank account or just a debit card; still with cashminder style account?
                They sent me a letter to say that as I have made regular transactions that they gave me a visa debit card one step up from cashcard acct. (No cheque book account). Cashcard acct u can do online banking, transfers & DD though. U get sort code & bank acct number
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses people - they are all much appreciated.
                  I need an account with dd / so facilities along with a debit card.....nothing else.
                  I will give the nationwide a go as I have a branch near to where I work.
                  Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan
                    Yes the Co-op are good but i see Matty has an o/s cc with them so no good. ;N

Think the Yorkshire Bank maybe for you--> viewtopic.php?p=479#p479

Thanks swanfan - do you get a debit card with this type of account?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA
                      Thanks swanfan - do you get a debit card with this type of account?
                      See here Matty--> http://www.ybonline.co.uk/personal/curr ... t-account/

Swanny 2

Comment

cheers swanny y
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA
                          Thanks for all the responses people - they are all much appreciated.
                          I need an account with dd / so facilities along with a debit card.....nothing else.
                          I will give the nationwide a go as I have a branch near to where I work.
                          Thanks again everyone.
                          i done online @ Nationwide Building Society: [size=5](Mine was cashcard account before they sent cashcard+ account to me)
                          cash card+ which enables you to:
                          * pay for goods and services in shops, online and over the phone
                          * get cashback in certain UK stores
                          * withdraw money and check your balance at UK cash machines
                          * withdraw money at any Post Office® branch.
                          Facilities to pay money in and set up regular payments like standing orders and Direct Debits
                          Internet Banking and Telephone Self Service facilities for managing your current account
                          http://www.nationwide.co.uk/current_acc ... ccount.htm

Good luck with them ALL Matty

Comment

morning i was wondering haow much do you need to open a basic account?
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58
                              morning i was wondering haow much do you need to open a basic account?
                              Morning nana! When I opened my basic account with Lloyds, I only paid in £10. 2
                              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Working...
                              X