GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin & Cabot - Dangerous Consolidation? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin & Cabot - Dangerous Consolidation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin & Cabot - Dangerous Consolidation?

Encore Capital Group Announces Expansion in U.K. through Purchase of Marlin Financial Services by Cabot Credit Management

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-...10-902431.html

Re: Marlin & Cabot - Dangerous Consolidation?

Haha this should be fun, they're both highwaymen who will be found out - this is great news really as it takes that shitty company Marlin out of the equation, unless they will trade as separate entities of course.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Haha this should be fun, they're both highwaymen who will be found out - this is great news really as it takes that shitty company Marlin out of the equation, unless they will trade as separate entities of course.....
      Checking out the official announcement:

"Marlin will form part of the CCM group, but continue to operate from its current location in Worthing, West Sussex, under the existing Marlin brand."

Comment

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...cquires-marlin

Bit more. So Cabot, Marlin, and Apex are now one and the same. The good news is synergies normally mean sackings so looks like some of these leeches are about to get their life event.

Hope they arent too leveraged out. Worrying times at Marlin Towers.

Comment

Marlin was bought by Cabots debt portfolio owed to it, so in theory Cabot have borrowed against their debt logbook to purchase Marlin, yet who or what suggests that Cabots debt logbook is accurate and worth anything, let alone a couple of hundred mil......

Me thinks dodgy accountants and directors will have some answering in the months / years to come. However I think it's great cos at this rate, if one biggie collapses then the whole house of cards will go with it. Can't think of a nicer group than Cabot and Marlin
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hopefully the sackings will continue until morale improves.
            As they say there's plenty of fish in the sea.

Comment

Ken Stannard, Marlin’s CEO, has been appointed chief executive officer of Cabot.

All under one umbrella operating as standalone "brands" for the time being.

Comment

Yes so was Lewis, CL Finance and Robinson Way when Hoist purchased them. Then oh dear Lewis and CL Finance were deemed losers and staff are now busy trying to be super debt collectors as the axe hangs over them. So synergies always mean sackings somewhere.

Couldnt happen to nicer people.

Comment

Let's hope they lose all their data when they try to integrate their "state of the art " debt/or enforcement/ tracking systems.
                  It would appear APEX pays its helpdesk staff above minimum wage.

Comment

I hope the umbrella blows inside out and gives them all a soaking and poke in the eye.

Comment

Gonna look out on EBay for surplus cheap polyester suits hardly worn, hopefully with knees and elbows still intact.

Comment

If only the account I had with Marlin was SB sooner than 2017!!! it'll be easy for them to miss them now!!

Comment

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...-mulls-hq-move Found on Ken's link

Soooo job losses in Optima Legal as well. Such nice people, you have too feel for them.

Comment

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...der-new-owners

and then Cabot will move all operations to india - the scripts for the call-centre staff will make interesting reading.

Especially given culturally they don't believe in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                              http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...-mulls-hq-move Found on Ken's link

Soooo job losses in Optima Legal as well. Such nice people, you have too feel for them.
                              Yes, my heart weeps rusty p*ss for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X