GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thatnamestaken / UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thatnamestaken / UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thatnamestaken / UE Diary

Time to start a diary.....will add more/others as and when they crawl out of the woodwork !!

My other thread is here: ---> So it begins

Debt assigned to Capquest from MBNA.
    Balance due : £5355.43.
    Card account opened pre 2005.
    Default/last contact approx June 2006.

Letter before action received 10/12/11.
    CCA template letter sent 12/12/11.
    Reply from Crapquest,account on hold for 28 days while they obtain the information required. 19/12/11
    Letter from Crapquest,not the cca as requested but a "special offer"...09/01,12
    Letter from Crapquest,will not send cca until I have called them for"security/data protection"reasons ! 12/01/12
    Letter received from Advantis credit stating they have been instructed by their client,Capquest,to collect a debt that their records show is outstanding....04/02/12.
    Second letter from Advantis Credit....."We wrote to you recently in relation to an outstanding debt of 5k+ owed by you to our client Crapquest.We note that we have received neither payment in full nor a response from you to resolve this matter.Owing to the lack of response we have had from you,we suspect that there is no valid reason why you should not pay that which you owe but you have chosen not to". Blah we will poke your eyes out with a rusty spoon etc.... 20/02/12
    Last edited by thatnamestaken; 20 February 2012, 18:14. Reason: letter received

Re: Thatnamestaken / UE Diary

Well you have done the hardest part and that is making a start on your diary. Good luck on your UE journey, I know it has helped me and I hope it well help you too!

MJ
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
      Well you have done the hardest part and that is making a start on your diary. Good luck on your UE journey, I know it has helped me and I hope it well help you too!

MJ
      Thatname
      I would just like to second what MJ has said you are in good hands with the people on this site it has helped us with what we thought were never ending problems we know we have a long way to go and a lot more battles but we now have the confidence to fight rather than roll over
      Good Luck
      W2dn

Comment

Thanks for the support,much appreciated !

Comment

Yes we are around most of the time so as and when the picture becomes a bit clearer we can start to get to work and sort out the best path with you. Will look in again shortly.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Update...Letter received from Crapquest,not the cca response I am waiting for.
            Letter from the managing director(yeah,right) saying my account has been pre-selected for a one time solution...not a gimmick,nothing sinister blah....each payment I make,they will deduct an extra 30% of my payment off my balance as well.Having thought about this for a millisecond,have decided to ignore the
            Will wait for the "we can't believe you have not responded to our stupendous offer"letter then guess I will need to send the "where Is my cca"template?
            Hopefully,this is an indication that I may soon be a new member of the MBNA"we don't know our ass from our elbow"club....

Comment

Hi Niddy and all,have received a letter from Crapquest basically saying that they have received my cca from MBNA but will not send it until I have called them for security purposes.Obviously I am not going to do that,can someone please point me to the correct template to reply with !
              Ever closer to SB,keep on delaying things Crapquest !!!

Comment

Think you need to give it a couple of weeks before you decide to reply - thats another 2 in your favour, and they are currently in default of your request so cannot do anything more anyway
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Dear Me! Whatever will they think of next!!! They won't respond unless you stand on your head and sing Bohemian Rhapsody??
                  They are really pushing the boundaries here.

Niddy's not around, I don't think there's a specific template for that, but this one should do the trick if you change where it says "Does not require that I supply you with a copy of my signature" to "Does not require that I telephone you to confirm my identity"

kind regards,

Shep

Comment

And yes, as Susie says, procrastination is the name of the game. Don't break your neck to respond.

Comment

I'd wait about six months.................

One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                      Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Thanks Susie and Sheperdess - I just thought I had read on another diary that someone was being requested a confirmation the same...pretty dumb as they would be in breach of data protection anyway if they were in doubt as to the identity of who they were sending the letter to in the first place !
                        Guess I will send that template....sometime....

Comment

Originally posted by thatnamestaken View Post
                          Thanks Susie and Sheperdess - I just thought I had read on another diary that someone was being requested a confirmation the same...pretty dumb as they would be in breach of data protection anyway if they were in doubt as to the identity of who they were sending the letter to in the first place !
                          Guess I will send that template....sometime....
                          When you have saved enough pennies to pay for the postage what they really are lol.

Comment

Hi Flowerpower,unfortunately,this was an original card from MBNA - They were doing a limited designs range and had a nice one with a camera and "professional photographer"written on it.I applied but they were no longer doing them so I ended up with a bog standard card.Worryingly,it appears from some posts on here that some of those original cards direct from them are turning out to be enforcable as they still have the cca.....hope they don't have mine ! Think if they do though,should be ways to drag it out past the sb date?!

Comment

thatname,

The proof is in the detail so until we get sight of the agreement and niddy is able to cross examine it for enforceability there is not much else you can do.

Even most MBNA agreements pre 2007 are unenforceable as they usually miss an important term.

So yes dragging it out to SB is still a good possibility

Comment

Working...
                              X