GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Oldy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldy's UE Diary

Hi to all.

First BIG nod to Niddy and the Mods for the effort put in here.

I've been on a DMP with one of the charities for over 5 years now. Things are not getting much better so I've finally decided to fully go down the UE route. I don't think I've much to lose now.

I'm cancelling my DMP and plan to send out CCA requests to those I've not already done so. I've used them in the past when creditor or DCA has started to get snotty and so far they've backed off, but I think that's because they've still had payments. I think that may now change! BT and the Post Office will probably end up rubbing their hands with glee!

I'll post more details on the accounts as I send off the CCA requests.

Thanks to everyone for posting their diaries. They gave me loads of inspiration!

I hope I can offer help too. I've been through the mill and I was in a very dark place for a while but I've also gained lots of knowledge over the past few years.

Oldy

Re: Oldy's UE Diary

Hiya

Any update yet mate?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy and all,

I've been thinking also about going bankrupt. The reasons are complicated. I'm actually planning to start a new life and want to wipe the slate clean. Whilst I could easily tolerate the hassle that going for UE invariably involves, I've realised that the only thing that's been holding me back from going BR has been the potential loss of my car. I have a house but decided losing it could be advantageous. I have somewhere else to go.

I've been unemployed now for a year. I simply cannot financially keep things up any more, even if I stopped payments while disputing UE. I've been on a DMP for nearly 6 years with decades left to pay off and I believe one reason I've not managed to get a new job is my sub-zero credit score!

I know it sounds drastic but I've been doing some serious reading both here and on another site and so think it seems the right course for me.

Any advice would be very welcome!
      Last edited by oldyboy; 9 September 2011, 15:10.

Comment

My advice, best of luck mate. I can see what you're saying and if that's what you feel is best then hey, go for it - just bear in mind the repercussions of BR in that they may still expect you to pay into the OR for a few years..

However it can bring closure a lot easier than UE - but whatever, best of luck..... if you do it would you mind documenting it here so we can follow the process from start to finish please? I don't mean that in a harsh way at all, simply that it could benefit a lot of other posters here.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

One reason is that my OH left me almost a couple of years ago and I've met someone else. She has been very understanding about my debts and I want to make sure that I essentially wipe the slate clean and make sure that as we progress together there are no surprises to bite us. Getting a job will still be hard but only as hard as it is now. As posted before my credit score is trash so no difference to start with but after 6 years credit score is clear.

Comment

Hi again everyone!

I think I should have called myself Mr indecision!

I've been doing a lot of thinking and gathering info such as getting my credit files. Most creditors defaulted me during the first 6 months of my DMP, which means that they'll fall off through the course of next year. One didn't default me until much later. What I found really odd is that I had a look at my credit score and it was 'Good'! (WTF?) I also noticed that 4 of my creditors don't appear at all on any of them.

This has made me realise that UE is the way forward for me. I think the BR option is a bit too drastic, after all why drop a nuke when guerilla tactics could get a better, and less messy, result?

I've CCA'd some creditors over the years of my DMP when the threats got heavy, and they backed off. This was even before Niddy came on the scene (anyone else remember Stapeley's thread on MSE?).I was still paying them until recently though. I managed to successfully fend off court action from one as they never supplied a CCA at all.

I've been inspired by others after reading on here, and totally agree with what's been said. If you ask a creditor for some help not only does it not happen, it often makes things worse. So stuff 'em. Actually I lie. One creditor accepted my reduced payments, hasn't defaulted or harrassed me and so when the time comes to offer any F&Fs they will be the first to be paid and I shan't be haggling.

I'm going to post accounts I've already CCA'd as a start and then update as I do the rest. Luckily all my accounts are pre-2007.

Thanks again to everyone who have posted their diaries on here. As well as an inspiration for me I'm sure they have, and will, inspire others.

Now, where do I start?
            Last edited by oldyboy; 21 October 2011, 12:22.

Comment

Account #1

Nationwide CC.
              Opened 2000
              Balance £7000ish
              Defaulted June 06
              Stopped paying Sep 11.
              CCA request sent in 09.

A couple of years ago I started to get threatening letters of court action etc so I CCA'd them. I got back an application form with no PT's and the then current T&Cs. I wrote back saying this was UE and, after a letter saying they were going to start legal proceedings have not heard a peep since.

Now I've stopped paying completely I await the onslaught!

I think from reading here that app forms are almost by default UE. Niddy would it be ok to send it for you to give the once over if and when they start the paper avalanche?

So!
              Last edited by oldyboy; 27 October 2011, 12:17.

Comment

Account #2
                Very well known dept store storecard.
                Opened when 'Are You Being Served?' was on the telly.
                Balance £1600ish.
                No default.
                Stopped paying Sep 11

I CCAd these just out of interest 3 years ago. Their reply was that they didn't know what I was on about and suggested I do a SAR! These have never been any bother to date so I don't expect much more.

March 12: Received a letter from them asking to get in touch. Didn't respond.
                April 12: Received another letter this time more threatening. Sent off another CCA request.
                May 12: Received big letter with lots of stuff that bears no relation to me at all. Their letter says they are unable to supply a copy of the original agreement, so here's a recon. Thing is this recon is utter rubbish. I shan't be bothering Niddy with it.
                Last edited by oldyboy; 19 May 2012, 17:19.

Comment

Account #3
                  BOS Visa
                  Opened 2004
                  Balance £2400ish
                  Defaulted June 2006.
                  Stopped paying Sep 11.

This went to a DCA after a couple of years of my DMP. They were very nasty so I CCA'd them 3 years ago. They replied spouting garbage but said they'd get one.
                  To date have never received one from them.
                  Last edited by oldyboy; 21 October 2011, 12:21.

Comment

Account #4
                    Barclaycard
                    Opened a very long time ago.
                    Balance £5000ish.
                    No default.
                    Stopped paying Sep 11.
                    CCA Sent 26 Sep 11.
                    19/10/11 Received acknowledgement of CCA request.
                    21/12/12 Default notice received from Apex.
                    23/12/12 sent off letter with copy of BC acknowledgement telling them I've never had a response to my CCA request.
                    Last edited by oldyboy; 12 January 2013, 14:25.

Comment

Hi all,

I just wanted to update which is basically nothing heard. Phone is quiet and no mail yet either. Obviously too early for BC to reply.

Quite boring really!

Hope you have a great holiday Niddy, with the effort you put in here you deserve it!
                      Last edited by oldyboy; 4 October 2011, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
                        Account #4
                        Barclaycard
                        Opened a very long time ago.
                        Balance £5000ish.
                        No default.
                        Stopped paying Sep 11.
                        CCA Sent 26 Sep 11.

Await reply.
                        19/10/11 Received letter from BC acknowledging my request. They must be busy!

Comment

Hi All,
                          I've just posted this morning 4 CCA requests that I'll post individually to make them clear as Niddy likes. I've held these off as Niddy's been away so if and when I get things back he'll have had time to catch up after his hols.

I also have running in the background preparation for bankruptcy. it's an option I'm still considering should some other things going on in my life don't work out as planned. I liked Samsmum's comment of ' Oh f*** it let's go bankrupt!' in one of her posts!
                          Last edited by oldyboy; 22 October 2011, 19:45.

Comment

Account #5
                            M+S Money
                            Opened Aug 96
                            Balance £2,500
                            Defaulted Apr 06
                            Stopped paying Sep 11
                            CCA Request sent 21 Oct 11.
                            08 Nov 11 received CCA with illegible original T&Cs and a copy of latest ones. Scanned in and sending off to Niddy.
                            15 Nov 11 sent off 'illegible copy received' letter.
                            06 Jan 12 received a default notice, balance now due etc etc. I've never received a response from the above letter. This is the second DN they've issued They defaulted my CRF almost six years ago. I'm going to keep a close eye on my CRF to see if they try and 'update' that.
                            07 Feb 12 Received 'Final Notice' saying pay arrears today or will take further action Thing is the arrears on the letter are Zero!
                            07 Feb 12 Sent off another 'illegible copy received' letter.
                            10 Feb 12 Letter from DG Sols telling me to pay up or else.
                            12 Feb 12 Sent off yet another 'illegible copy received' letter.
                            18 Feb 12 Received another illegible CCA.
                            19 Feb 12 Letter from DG Sols telling me they aren't pursuing.
                            Mar-July 12 Letters from Moorcroft with threats of possible/intended/if/but/maybe litigation.
                            Mar 12 Sent off 'Account in dispute' template in response to first threat. Ignored all others.
                            Dec 12 Had a doorstep visit! Politely told them to go away. A week later had 'offer of reduced settlement. Ignored.
                            Jan 13 Letter from M+S telling me they're letting loose Credit Security onto me. Template letter already drafted up and ready to go when they deign to get in touch.
                            Last edited by oldyboy; 12 January 2013, 14:20. Reason: Updated

Comment

Account #6
                              Capital One
                              Opened Oct 02
                              Balance £8,500
                              Defaulted Apr 09
                              Stopped paying Sep 11
                              CCA request sent 21 Oct 11
                              4/11/1 Received letter from them saying that before they can process my request I need to provide proof of signature, as the one I provided does not match the one on their records. (I'd signed it with my template signature which I made up to avoid the refusal due to lack of signature!)
                              5/11/11 Sent off 'Sig not required' letter.
                              18/11/11 Received letter saying my complaint is being dealt with. Presume this in response to my 'sig not required' letter.
                              01/12/11 Received letter asking for proof of sig again!
                              02/12/11 Sent off another CCA request without sig.
                              07/12/11 Received letter still insisting on my sig!
                              10/12/11 Received letter from CrapPest who are now 'managing' this account.
                              19/12/11 Received letter from CrapPest with essentially inaccurate drivel.
                              19/12/11 Sent off 'Account In Dispute' letter to the Pest.
                              23/12/11 More drivel from CrapPest, but not so inaccurate.
                              07/01/12 'Letter Before Action' received from CrapPest.
                              09/01/12 Sent template letter.
                              14/01/12 'Account on hold while we investigate' letter received.
                              March 12: After a bit of letter ping-pong with them wanting a signature I called Cap 1 and verified my identity over the phone. The nice foreign person said they would send off my CCA.Nothing turned up.
                              April 12: Received letter from Credit Solutions so I sent them a CCA request.
                              May 12: Received paperwork from Cap 1.
                              May 12: Niddy says:
                              May-July 12: Had various threats from Credit Solutions including a doorstep visit threat from Scotcall. Replied with threat of doorstep visit template.
                              Jul 12: Had letter from Scotcall saying they can do what they want. No-one turned up though......
                              Oct 12: Letter from Cap 1 saying my account has been moved. Ignored as it doesn't make any sense at all.
                              Last edited by oldyboy; 12 January 2013, 14:08. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
                              X