GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moby's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moby's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moby's UE diary

Hi. My situation is with MBNA. It's a card that has been used in "emergencies" and as such has built up over the years. Interest rate was good originally but has ramped up and up. I opted out last year to avoid the last rate hike. They have now increased the minimum payment and it's getting very hard.
    I did speak to them on the phone earlier in the year asking if I could maybe switch the debt to their rate for life card at least but, guess what, they refused.

• Type of account Credit card

• Date commenced Not sure but quite some time before 2000

• Approx balance £15000

• Date last paid 15th March 2011

• Are you on arrangement or not paying No

• Status Not yet paid April

• Account owner I assume MBNA still.

I sent the CCA request letter on 7th March, special next day delivery. I know they received it as they rang a week later to query why I had digitally signed the letter. I mumbled and basically didn't answer their questions. I shall look out for "Number witheld" calls now and ignore.
    To date I have not recieved the CCA.

KEY:
    Sent
    Received
    Other
    Last edited by MobyUK; 2 May 2011, 08:04.

Re: Moby's UE diary

Hi Moby just wanted to say good luck with this. You're right not to answer the phone, let them deal in writing. Until they send a proper response you're fine so just sit tight and see what they send.

You're in good hands here, we have Sir Nid on our side!
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Hi Moby

Just wanted to say that you are in good company here. The phone calls can be a bit of a pain, if they get too much you can send a template letter to ask the company to only deal with you in writing, although sometimes they take no notice.....

You could then either pay to ignore all withheld numbers or simply change your phone number.

Is this your only debt? as I am sure Niddy will ask you that question.

Just making sure that you know that if you follow the UE route that your credit rating will be black marked for a number of years, but for most of us here that is a small price to pay compared with struggling to pay debts we can no longer afford.

Remember that these credit card companies, and the Debt Collection Agencies, DCAs, that follow will try almost anything to scare us into paying. Legal looking letters, letter with BIG BOLD text, but most of these are just threats. Post up a summary of any letters that you receive and someone will advise you what to do.

Good luck

MK
      One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
      Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Hi MK. No, it's not my only debt. I have other credit cards and a mortgage.
        The blacklisting does worry me somewhat but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by MobyUK View Post
          If you end up with a default on your credit record, it will affect your ability to gain credit in the future - ie getting a new mortgage etc. Might be worth thinking about alternative courses of action if this is going to be a concern for you?
          Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
          SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

I'll read this properly later but just thought I'd share this with you - have a read

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1695
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I'll read this properly later but just thought I'd share this with you - have a read

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=1695
              Interesting. How long did it take to get to that stage? Also, was it specifically tied up with re-assignment of the debt. Mine is still with MBNA.

Comment

The assignment was thrown out ie good. It was s.78 that won it, ie the bad agreement/terms etc
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well, still haven't received the CCA. Is there anything I should be doing?

Comment

You should list all the debts, as per post 1, so we can offer reasonable and constructive advice. As for the blacklisting as you call it, well you'll get defaulted - that's about it. Means that you'll struggle to change mortgage for 6yrs - that's all - but if it'd take you longer to pay the total debts then you're surely better off, if you see the logic behind it?

Comment

Interesting. How long did it take to get to that stage? Also, was it specifically tied up with re-assignment of the debt. Mine is still with MBNA.
                      Have a read of the thread, it is the judgment alone - ie most older MBNA agreements are dodgy meaning you have a good chance of them not taking any further action....

This was the appeal, ie the final nail in the coffin so it'd been through the whole rigmarole of UE first - many months to reach that stage.....

Comment

Well, still haven't received the CCA. Is there anything I should be doing?
                        Send the reminder: ---> CCA Reminder

* do it recorded delivery - not special!

Comment

No need for the reminder. I had a letter from MBNA today.
                          The letter says:

In response to your request we enclose:
                          a: A copy of your executed agreement
                          b: Your up to date terms and conditions
                          c: A copy of your most recent statement (which shows the state of your account) which has been signed.

Interestingly the copy of the agreement is completely blank except for my name and address at the top. No signatures.

Comment

No need for the reminder. I had a letter from MBNA today.
                            The letter says:

In response to your request we enclose:
                            a: A copy of your executed agreement
                            b: Your up to date terms and conditions
                            c: A copy of your most recent statement (which shows the state of your account) which has been signed.

Interestingly the copy of the agreement is completely blank except for my name and address at the top. No signatures.
                            The signature, or lack of it, in itself means little. Can you confirm the type of agreement - ideally, if you could load it here - read this for details: ---> User Guide - Uploading your Documents to the Site!

Comment

Hi Niddy. Just checking you got my email with the CCA attached.

Moby.
                              Last edited by MobyUK; 7 May 2011, 11:23. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X