GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Churchman's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Churchman's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Churchman's UE Diary

Lloyds TSB

Type of account - Personal Loan

Date commenced - Sept 2005

Approx balance - Approx £12,000

Date last full payment - July 2009

Are you on arrangement or not paying - was paying £1 pcm, stopped Oct 2012

Status - Default notice received AUG 2009

Account owner - Lloyds, although Cabot wrote in Jan 2013

Key:
    Blue - Communication Sent
    Red - Communication Received

19/2/2013 - CCA request sent.
    Letter dated 21/02/13 received, covering "executed agreement and signed statement.."
    07/03/13 - sent to Niddy.
    10/03/13 - Niddy advises ENFORCEABLE.
    14/03/2013 - Cabot letter dated 06/03/13 thanking for monthly payments and offering full settlement figure of 30%
    22/03/13 - Can't manage that so have sent off token monthly payment as per previous to LTSB.
    29/11/13 - Received letter offering to settle for reduced, yet unspecified, balance.
    April 2014 - FIRE have started chasing the debt even though OC cashing monthly payment cheques?
    Should I let them know or just ignore?
    Aug 14 - OC still cashing cheques, but Cabot / FIRE passed to Sols!
    Last edited by churchman; 1 September 2014, 10:02.

Re: Churchman's UE Diary

Lloyds TSB

Type of account - Credit Card

Date commenced - Unsure

Approx balance - Approx £9,000

Account owner - Was SCM, now Lloyds, although Wescot seem to be chasing too

Key:

19/2/2013 - CCA request sent (to SCM Solicitors).
    02/03/13 - Letter dated 28/02/13 received from Lloyds (OC) "we are currently awaiting the documentation to fulfil your request..."
    16/03/13 - letter dated 13/03/13 received from Solicitors acting for Wescot offering discount to settle account - but also threatening that if no suitable plan is reached with W within 10 days of date of letter "further recovery action will be taken"
    30/03/13 - another letter from solicitors threatening recovery action
    Still have not received CCA as requested and acknowledged by OC in Feb13 - time for reminder letter to OC?
    03/04/13 - Sent OC CCA chase up letter.
    22/06/13 - OC send "Strictly Private" letter advising transferred a/c to CapQuest.
    25/06/13 - CQ send letter saying a/c referred to them in all matters relating to collection...
    28/06/13 - 'Dispute" Ltr to CQ.
    09/07/13 - Typed and handwritten comps slip "unable to locate account on our system"
    10/07/13 - "Prior to start of legal..." letter received.
    18/07/13 - Ltr sent advising of their reference number.
    20/07/13 - Ltr received "Further to your recent contact...we can confirm docs in respect of this a/c has been requested and will be forwarded in due course"
    05/08/13 - Ltr from HL Legal stating CQ have appointed them and that court proceedings may be issued.
    07/08/13 - sent heavy sold whilst in dispute letter.
    13/01/14 - OC letter saying referring to DC, RW.
    16/01/14 - RW letter offering flexible approach.
    18/01/14 - sold whilst in dispute letter sent.
    Feb - OC called to say that further to my sold whilst in dispute letter to RW that they had sent CCA a year ago! Really?
    MAR - received RW letter saying dispute resolved and OC copy letter attached. That OC letter says copy of "true copy" of CCA is attached. It isn't.
    MAR- writing now to advise still not seen this mystical document.
    APR - receive RW letter saying it was enclosing letter from OC (which was not in the envelope!!) even though I wrote saying had that letter but not the CCA! Where is this CCA then?
    JUL - receive RW letter advising still awaiting response from the client and have reminded them....
    Last edited by churchman; 1 September 2014, 10:05.

Comment

MBNA / Experto / AK

Date commenced - Unsure

Approx balance - Approx £14,000

Account owner - Aktiv Kapital, apparently

Key:

19/2/2013 - CCA request sent to Experto.
      02/03/13 - Letter dated 27/02/13 received from Experto "we would like to advise you that this matter was returned to our client on 19/02/2013..."
      07/03/13 - CCA request letter sent to AK.
      14/03/13 - letter dated 07/03/13 from EquiDebt DCA for AK giving 7 days to reply to their 'notification' - their letterhead also states "when leaving messages we may refer to ourselves as EQL" ! This explains the multiple 08:00am phone messages then.

​17/03/13 - Wrote two letters, one final UE letter and one telephone harassment letter.

29/03/13 - received letter saying 'sorry unhappy with number of calls need (sic) to contact you' and that docs requested from OC....

20/01/14 - It appears AK legal department are snooping around online info....unsure what for as they've been advised twice it's UE!

Last edited by churchman; 22 January 2014, 14:06.

Comment

American Express / RMA / Moorcroft

Date commenced - Feb 2002

Approx balance - Approx £25,000

Account owner - Moorcroft

Key:

19/2/2013 - CCA request sent to Moorcroft.
        24/02/13 - Letter dated 21/02/13 received "we duly confirm that we have requested the relevant documentation from our client...
        27/02/13 - letter dated 20/03/13 received "we..understand our client has now contacted you with the relevant information.."
        - err, no actually.
        Letter dated 27/06 received threatening possible further action. Writing to them to advise no CCA compliance.
        30/10/13 - letter covering OC t&cs. claiming it to be fully executed agreement. Sending to Niddy for review.
        Nov 13 - Niddy advises missing PT.
        Nov 13 - letter to M to advise missing PTs
        Nov 13 - letter received enclosing application form and more T&Cs. Sent to Niddy.
        Dec 13 - Niddy advises noting much changed and await their next move.
        Dec 13 - letter from MC suggesting I had defaulted on our agreement (there was none) and threatening home visit.
        Dec 13 - on Niddy's advice sent harassment letter.
        Jan 14 - AIC calling at work twice a day.
        Last edited by churchman; 3 March 2014, 13:26.

Comment

Lloyds TSB

Type of account - Current A/C O/D

Date commenced - Unsure

Approx balance - Approx £12,000

Status -

Account owner - Lloyds, although one part doesn't recognise it

Key:

19/2/2013 - CCA request sent.
          01/03/13 Letter dated 2/02/13 received, "you recently sent us a payment of £1.00, Unfortunately we are unable to accept this payment as you have asked us to pay into a product we do not manage"!!
          08/03/13- Called and was given address for collections, CCA request sent again.
          MAR 13 to JUL 14 - various letters receive from FIRE and Cabot, all ignoring the 2 x CCA requests and 'sold whilst in dispute' letter.
          JUL14 - Cabot letter advising sent to solicitors, Drydens Ltd (whose directors may not be statutory directors, their letterhead advises)
          AUG14 - two letters from Drydens threading possible CCJ and charging order.
          AUG14 - sent Drydens Sold Whilst In Dispute letter.

Last edited by churchman; 13 September 2014, 13:52.

Comment

Ok, so it's a calendar month tomorrow that the CCA letters were sent out.

I have had one CCA sent to me, two letters saying looking for docs and two responses that required new CCA request being sent out to new addresses at the beginning of this month. Silence from the others.

Should a reminder be sent to the ones that have not replied and to the ones saying that they are waiting for the docs?

Technically all bar the two re-sends and the CCA (enforeable) are outside the 12+2 rule.

Quick update Summer 2014. Still only one enforceable CCA received. One other is alleged to have been sent twice but never seems to materialise.

Most annoying DCA so far? Glaswegians AIC

Most obtuse OC so far? Lloyds TSB
            Last edited by churchman; 1 September 2014, 10:17. Reason: clearer info.

Comment

Citibank / Clarity / Opus / Cabot

Date commenced - Mar 2003

Approx balance - Approx £20,000

Date last full payment - July 2008

Account owner - Clarity

Key:

19/2/2013 - CCA request sent to Clarity.
              23/03/2013 - delivered and signed for.
              09/7/13 - received big bundle from Cabot claiming to be "all of the relevant information" re my CCA request on February 2013. This was with Clarity. Cabot letter says original lender was Opus?
              Emailing Niddy for his kind advice.
              Niddy says UE as missing PTs.
              JUL 13 - Sent missing PT letter.
              AUG 13 - Please contact us urgently letter received.
              DEC 13 - Sent Final Response letter.
              DEC 13 - Receive letter saying they have provided true reconstituted copy blah blah and that they have complied with obligations of CCA. Sent to Niddy.
              Niddy says to ignore.
              ​DEC 13 - receive External Agent Recovery Notification. The alleged debt has been forwarded to Financial Investigations and Recoveries (Europe) Limited (FIRE), who will be contacting me within next 7 days.
              A bit of online digging shows that FIRE are actually part of Cabot, so they're not that external really. Ignoring.

I have a query, Cabot refer to the OC as being Opus. It clearly is not. Does this matter?
              Last edited by churchman; 1 September 2014, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by churchman View Post
                Should a reminder be sent to the ones that have not replied and to the ones saying that they are waiting for the docs?
                The general consensus is to let them do all the work mate. So, if they are busy looking for paperwork, let them carry on. If they then decide to chase you, then remind them you are still waiting for them as per letter dated ....
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                  The general consensus is to let them do all the work mate. So, if they are busy looking for paperwork, let them carry on. If they then decide to chase you, then remind them you are still waiting for them as per letter dated ....
                  Thanks Missy.

Comment

Hi, have received a solicitors letter acting on behalf of DCA who act for OC.

OC acknowledged receipt of CCA request in Feb, and have still not provided it, but DCA's sols appear unaware. Should a reminder letter be sent to OC or Westcot or Westcot's sols?

Thanks in advance people.

Comment

Which debt was this for and what does the letter say? Any specific legal threat?
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just noticed your updated post, so it's the LTSB credit card?

Do they specify what the "further recovery action" is?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Which debt was this for and what does the letter say? Any specific legal threat?
                          Hi Pixie, its for Lloyds CC. CCA request sent to SCM sols.

Reply from Lloyds saying "will endeavour to reply" on 28.02.

Wescott sent final notice on 30.03.

Nelson Guest (sols for WC) sent discount offer on 16/03 - ignored as not had CCA from OC.

NG latest letter "whilst WC still willing to consider...unless full payment or suitable...within 10 days, further recovery activity will be undertaken"

Hope that helps and thanks.

Comment

So no specific legal threat then.

Have you sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute - allaboutDEBT UK to WC? If not, then I would do.

I would also send Final Response - UE (No CCA Received) - allaboutDEBT UK to Nelson Guest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              So no specific legal threat then.

Have you sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute - allaboutDEBT UK to WC? If not, then I would do.

I would also send Final Response - UE (No CCA Received) - allaboutDEBT UK to Nelson Guest.
                              Thanks for that.

Should I not send these two letters to Lloyds as OC too?

Comment

Working...
                              X