GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA to Moorcroft to Arden - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA to Moorcroft to Arden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA to Moorcroft to Arden

• Type of account credit card

• Date commenced 2/8/03

• Approx balance £12500

• Date last paid October 2010

• Are you on arrangement or not paying last paid mbna token payment in Nov 2012, not paid to CCA yet

• Status default but not showing yet as mbna marked as satisfied and DCA not showing yet

• Account owner DCA
    Last edited by leopard lady; 25 February 2012, 23:52.

Re: MBNA to Moorcroft to Arden

Basically MBNA hiked my interest to 34.9% and I could not meet the payments (Nov 2010) as I lost my job. I was subject to harassment and bullying from them and after complaining received compensation. I was given figures to pay for a formal payment plan which was never made, and a 5 year plan to clear the balance which was denied when I had made the payments. MBNA eventually, after months of correspondence from me to sort this out, said they refused to correspond any more, so I continued paying £40 a month. I missed Dec payment and in January, along, I believe, with many others, was passed on to moorcroft/brittanica, and within a couple of weeks to Arden who have sent 4 letters within a week!!!

I had originally been getting advice on CAG and have a thread there, which had been quiet for some time, and I posted asking advice on how to deal with the letters from the DCA, as this was new to me. As CAG seems to have fewer responses now, I also asked on Legal Beagles, and I was asked about my CCA. I had requested this a year ago and was advised on CAG that it was OK, so with that and the Carey case had just filed it. However when I posted it on LB's, they thought it was not OK and I was advised to come onto AAD to get an expert opinion.

MBNA to Moorcroft to Arden - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

This thread is quite short and includes suggest reasons for unenforcability

MBNA won't communicate in writing - Now Arden Credit Management Too

This is my original thread with all the actions I took with MBNA to sort out a payment plan, and details of the complaint etc, not for the feint hearted !!!

Comment

Thank you very much for the welcome and the help. I will get scanning & emailing tomorrow. As you can see I have 2 very different opinions on the CCA, so I will have to wait and see, and as you say, fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Thanks, that is very reassuring. After the months trying to sort this out with MBNA I feel like I'm back to square 1 with the DCA!!! I will send the info to Niddy now and look forward to his opinion/advice.

Comment

Emailed Niddy

Comment

What a nightmare, none of the emails went as attachments too large!!! Have now sent via gmail and 'mail' rather than outlook, hopefully something useful will have been received by Niddy now. Heavens help me when I receive the results of my SAR lol !!!
            Last edited by leopard lady; 26 February 2012, 18:17.

Comment

Thank heavens for that. I was advised to do the SAR on my CAG thread, before being directed to this forum from legal beagles. I'm a bit confused with the different advice as I just wanted to know how to deal with the DCA, and whether to continue paying them. I will be awaiting Niddys verdict and advice before I do anything else.

Comment

Hi Flowerpower, thanks for the advice. I have now put the CCA on the secure area just in case the emails were messed up!!! The jpeg's are a fraction of the size of the pdf's.

I have been advised on Legal Beagles to ask for a certified first generation copy of the agreement as the copy I received is a microfiche copy. Do you know anything about this please?
                Last edited by leopard lady; 27 February 2012, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by leopard lady View Post
                  I have been advised on Legal Beagles to ask for a certified first generation copy of the agreement as the copy I received is a microfiche copy. Do you know anything about this please?

Please, don't do anything of the sort - what is this nonsense, a new approach to look a dick-head?

Let me catch up and I'll reply to your emails on here shortly.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya

Ok, no offence I will not visit other sites, certainly not that 'thing' they call "Legal Beagles". Please therefore try and explain to someone like me that will not visit such sites, what has happened to date using a mix of the posts from the thread to LB. As LB and us both use vBulletin forum software all you need to do is copy it from there and paste it here. Only thing that won't work like that is images / attachments.

Basically try and give the layman a brief overview of events to date and whatever the problem is, right now I have your emails but don't know the background or anything.

I do allow links to other sites, obviously, so others users may go and read them but for me I won't go there, sorry.

Thanks - look forward to your reply.

Niddy :niddy
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Niddy, this is what I was advised to do on LB's. I wasn't going to do anything until I hear from you anyway!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leopard lady View Post
                        I note AngryCat clarified that this was not necessary - thank heavens for that!

As for the CAG thread - oh my fucking lord

I am gobsmacked at some of what I am reading, I started to get angry so closed the browser *calm Niddy*

Please try and add a wee history for me as I really don't like venturing out to the other places, it is bad for my health

Cheers

Comment

basically MBNA hiked my rate to 34.9 in oct.nov 2010. I had lost my job so couldnt afford the £290 a month payments. I asked to be transfered to their LOB account but was refused. I made the mistake of phoning and was promised payment arrangements which were never confirmed in writing. I was subject to very upsetting interrogations asking me to take out loans, borrow from relatives, to pay the payments. I was offered a plan of £150 a month which my family paid for a few months, but then they denied they had made this agreement and said they needed £240 a month as the balance needed to be paid in 5 years. My parents managed to give me this which I paid for a couple of months but never recieved written confirmation. During this time I had continuously written to MBNA asking for confirmation in writing, all of which they ignored. I had sent a financial statement done with CCCS and they agreed to freeze the interest and charges. I sent a CCA request in January 2011. I also sent in a formal complaint 6th Jan 2011 regarding harassment and not corresponding in writing. (I was getting up to 12 calls a day). Eventually I received an apology and £50 cheque for compensation, and a refund of some charges and interest from when I first contacted them about my financial hardship. The letter from their vice president sounded like I had an agreement with them.

It appeared I had not as they again wrote to me asking for the whole amount or rediculous payments, and said I had to send in all my financial details again. I wrote to them and said that as far as I was aware I had an arrangement and they already had my details. The reply from them was that they would not correspond with me further and would only communicate through FOS. So I continued paying £40 a month, I received default notice 9th June 2011, kept paying monthly until december when I didn't have the funds. In January it was passed to Moorcroft (and Brittanica) then within a couple of weeks to Arden who are bombarding me with letters demanding I ring them or they will take me to court.

Comment

leopard lady.

Firstly. Dont stress out, this is all very easily sorted with Niddys help.

You are not alone here, we have all been through what you describe.

DCA's threatening action is there way of scaring you, and is a template letter sent out to everyone generally. Try not to get upset.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SXGuy, thanks for the reassurance, I get more frustrated than upset these days, and you're right, stressed!!!

I can't pay it all, but have always shown willing by paying something, and its like banging your head against a brick wall.

Now the DCA is involved its like starting all over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X