GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Me and Moorcroft (Masterloan) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me and Moorcroft (Masterloan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and Moorcroft (Masterloan)

So, I'm having a bit of argy bargy with Moorcroft (doesn't everyone). They've just sent four letters to me for two accounts. Embarassingly for me, they've sent two of them to my neighbour (lives at number one) who opened them so I have to assume he/she read them and two to me at number twenty one. I'll be starting a thread on this but want to get a complaint off immediately to these "people"; I know basically what to say but wondering if there was a template available for quickness. Cheers.

Re: Me and Moorcroft (Masterloan)

Well this is a severe breach of data protection and against OFT guidelines on debt collection so I would be complaining to the OFT, ICO and FOS if it was me.....

Not to the DCA but direct to the regulators...... play on the fact you're in a small area and your neighbours are gossips and you heard about this via third party in the street - that way they'll get f*cked more

* did I just say that - ooops *
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps. no unfortunately no specific templates like that..... it'd be impossible for them to have the wrong address as if they got assigned the debt, it would be the same info as the OC had so that'd mean all statements etc would have been incorrectly sent to the same neighbour... its usually a dirty trick to embarass and get people to contact them but HIGHLY illegal....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Besides you say two of the four letters did reach your address so why not the other two ? as niddy says a clear breach of the DPA.

Comment

I'll concoct a letter and ask for comments. I've had other letters from Moorscum and they've all had 21 on so where they've got 1 from I don't know! I asked Moorcroft earlier today by Email for the name of their Data Controller and Email addy but not yet had a reply.

Comment

The monkey who sent the letter could probably only count to one........
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There's always the option of not going ICO etc... as one normally would for this type of thing, but going through the court where you would be more likely to receive a decent level of compensation, but risk the chance of running up costs. A DCA really would not like that!

Comment

I've had this debt for quite while now and I had been paying a nominal sum to keep the vultures happy. It's been passed around, the last one being CSL Ltd (don't laugh) and now Barclays have passed it on to Moorcroft who tell me that as I had a repayment plan in place with another debt collection agency, they are quite happy to continue with the arrangement I had.

I decided to go down the CCA line and Moorcroft had to refer it to Barclays. I have attached the reply. They have also returned my fees. I should add, 'though you would probably guess that these two debts are not shown on my credit file; unless Moorscum have added anything recently. Any advice please.

Moorcroft Reply.

Comment

I should add that the above letter was dated 20/12/11. I don't know if my neighbour has had it since shortly after but it was only put through my door a couple of days ago!

Comment

Look like it's unenforceable to me if they have not got the CCA ... have you stopped paying this ?
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Well this is a severe breach of data protection and against OFT guidelines on debt collection so I would be complaining to the OFT, ICO and FOS if it was me.....

Not to the DCA but direct to the regulators...... play on the fact you're in a small area and your neighbours are gossips and you heard about this via third party in the street - that way they'll get f*cked more
                      So the complaint would actually benefit the oafs at Moroncroft?

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        The monkey who sent the letter could probably only count to one........
                        One of his hands might have been otherwise occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                          There's always the option of not going ICO etc... as one normally would for this type of thing, but going through the court where you would be more likely to receive a decent level of compensation, but risk the chance of running up costs. A DCA really would not like that!
                          Yes, one could take the buggers for violation of one's right to privacy, which they'd be much wiser to settle out of court as they'd otherwise get clobbered when it came to costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Joesoap View Post
                            I decided to go down the CCA line and Moorcroft had to refer it to Barclays. I have attached the reply. They have also returned my fees. I should add, 'though you would probably guess that these two debts are not shown on my credit file; unless Moorscum have added anything recently. Any advice please.

Moorcroft Reply.
                            As one might expect of those numb-skulled numpties, it makes not a bit of sense.

What the buggery does the Consumer Credit Act have to do with the Information Commissioner? One might as well seek the opinion of the Lady in Waiting with the Royal Packet of Loo Paper or the Groom of the Royal Toothpaste Tube.

Comment

Hi

You mentioned two accounts in your first post, did you CCA both of them.

Keep the letter received saying "no CCA available" very safe, make a copy of it. I agree that this account is now

Congratulations

MK
                              One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                              Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Working...
                              X