GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot CCA Response - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot CCA Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot CCA Response

Hello all,

I dropped this on The Other Site earlier and have been kindly advised to pop over here and ask you good people for your assistance.

I woke up to my debt situation after being made unemployed this year and decided to CCA my debts and pursue my Loan PPI repayments (surprise surprise they won't pay out even though I'm unemployed...seems taking a temp job is a worse sin than not trying to find work at all).

This morning I received a letter from Cabot folllowing from my CCA request saying;

"We write further to your request for information under sections 77 and/or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Although Cabot has requested the information, the original lender is experiencing a delay retrieving the information from its archives. Althouhg Cabot has not been able to provide you with the informaiton within the prescribed period, we would still advise that your debt remains legally due.

We are still able to update the Credit Reference Bureaux regarding the status of your debt and we would recommend you continue your repayment plan with us or altenratively you contact us to make payments towards your account is you do not have a repayment plan arranged.

Thank you for your co-operation and patience in this matter."

Is this typical avoidance as in "We can't get it, but we're not admitting it" or does it mean I could get a further letter in a week or two? I guess I'm asking...What's my next step?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place :-)

Re: Cabot CCA Response

What's your credit file like? Any defaults / other debts or JUST this?

Hi & welcome btw
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is It an old citi card by any chance ?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        Is It an old citi card by any chance ?
        If so it'd be opus / HBOS meaning Blair Oliver will get involved ....at some point
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Gowja87 View Post
          Is this typical avoidance as in "We can't get it, but we're not admitting it" or does it mean I could get a further letter in a week or two?
          Hard to say.

Cabot may not know whether they will be able to get anything enforceable yet, so at this point are likely hedging their bets.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's a barclays loan. I bet ya

Comment

Hey all,

thanks for the prompt responses and welcomes :-) much appreciated. My credit file is shocking, I lost my job and subsequently place of abode some 4 years ago now and The Norwich and Peterborough buiding society served a CCJ on me in absentia. So yes I have other issues. Presently being unemployed (again!) I'm considering the long term implications of a DRO/IVA.

This CCA however pertains to some purported store credit from Hitachi Capital. I can't find out anything further to this.

Comment

This CCA however pertains to some purported store credit from Hitachi Capital. I can't find out anything further to this.
                They do store cards/in store credit for literally hundreds of companies, so it could be just about anything.

So, presumably then, you don't have any idea what this debt is that Cabot are chasing?

Comment

lol Guess I'm not used to admitting, it may be for some sofas from DFS my ex flatmate and I ordered ;-)

Comment

When did you take it out and last pay?

Comment

lol Guess I'm not used to admitting, it may be for some sofas from DFS my ex flatmate and I ordered ;-)
                      Could be. I just had a search about, and DFS is one of the companies that HC mention doing in store credit for on their website.

I asked, as if you genuinely don't have a clue or don't think it was your debt, then a CCA request might not have been the best first step.
                      Last edited by Riz; 8 September 2011, 19:06.

Comment

Errm I bought sofas in 2006 and I don't believe I ever made a payment on them...

Comment

Then ignore. Whatever you do do not respond

In 2012 it'll be statute barred. They're doing their 6 year chaser ie experian autotrace.

Just ignore it and don't cca them or anything.....

Comment

Really? Will the fact I've already sent them a letter already saying I deny all knowledge and having requested them to provide a cca (thus the above) not stand against me then? Sounds good! And thanks very much for your help Niddy :-) You've managed to put a smile on my face at a time of day that's normally reserved for the girlfriend!!!!

Comment

Really? Will the fact I've already sent them a letter already saying I deny all knowledge and having requested them to provide a cca (thus the above) not stand against me then? Sounds good! And thanks very much for your help Niddy :-) You've managed to put a smile on my face at a time of day that's normally reserved for the girlfriend!!!!
                              Requesting a CCA can be utilised as part of "Prove It" - the wording on our templates do not admit to account ownership so if you used our templates you'll be fine....

@ smile comment -

Comment

Working...
                              X