GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS - refusing my CCA, signature - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS - refusing my CCA, signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS - refusing my CCA, signature

Hello all
    I'm new here so huge apologies if this is not in the right board.

I have an RBS Mastercard debt which was taken out in 2007. I have CCA-ed them to get my original signed agreement and they are refusing to give me it until I provide them with a signature due to their "data protection". I have provided them with copy of passport (signature blanked out) and utility bill, but still refusing. I have a strong suspicion that they don't have a signed agreement and want to cut and paste my signature. I have been told I can do a signature with highlighter lines so I can see if they do that, think that's my next move.

I also have two overdraft debts with them taken out in 2005 and 2007. I have tried to get the original signed agreements, but RBS say they don't need to provide that under any acts and have admitted they don't have any. I was really very depressed at the time and on different meds and seeing therapists, so I really want to see what I agreed to and have asked them for Terms and Conditions.

If anyone has any advice on dealing with RBS, it would be so very appreciated as they've come across as very heartless. I recently took very ill and haven't worked since 2011 because of my illness, but despite my financial struggles, they've been so unhelpful and brusque.

Thanks for listening!
    Ladybird

Re: RBS - refusing my CCA, signature

Hi Ladybird and welcome to AAD.

You could send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/index.php/template-letters/unenforceability/s3-requests-to-comply
    /126-signature-request-by-creditor
    to RBS or use the AAD signature strip

Just copy and paste into your letter and sign over the top of it.

As for the overdrafts, have a look at this thread

Banks are completely heartless and don't care if you're ill or disabled etc.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh Pixie thank you! That anti tamper signature is great, what a wonderful idea Thank you for your guidance and quick reply, it means a lot

Comment

No problem Ladybird
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

RBS did the same game with me and 2 of their credit cards, went on for ages, used the anti tamper strip in the end, and included my original CCA Request, they even then had the cheek to throw it back at me.

Eventually sent them a whole new fresh request with a real sig and using the anti tamper strip, guess what? no agreements for either

Comment

Thanks SX Guy, what a cheek! I'm sending them a letter with the anti tamper strip, will see what they say! Thanks again

Comment

If they refuse to comply (whilst utilising the anti tamper strip) they've failed s.78 meaning if they try & litigate - they're buggered

Hi, and welcome by the way
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great, thank you got my letter with the anti tamper strip ready to go recorded delivery on Monday thank you!

Comment

Hi Ladybird,
                  Good luck..RBS are usually pretty abysmal at finding agreements so fingers crossed for you.

Welcome to AAD!

Elsa x

Comment

RBS are a funny bunch, they sent my credit card debt to triton and then when I CCA them again, they admitted they didn't have one. They have never defaulted me and still keep on sending me statements( its been over 3 years). Lets just hope that one day they dont suddenly decide to!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies they are just ridiculous and even their Executive Office are complete idiots. Here's hoping this Mastercard is sorted soon by the antitamper strip

Comment

Yep, same as me, have not terminated the two credit cards, they send statements every month, balance doesnt increase but min payment does, no chasing, no threats. Judging by mgfboy, its gonna go on for years. but who cares right?

Comment

Rbs have told hubby they cannot find his agreement, they dont contact him but still send him monthly statements asking for a payment of the arrears (full amount) and a further payment of the outstanding balance default came off 2008.

Comment

Hello, had a letter(s) back from RBS re: my overdraft accounts, can I scan them in to show you? Really pissed off at their response. Ladybird x

Comment

just give us the gist of what they say, we've probably heard it all before, sadly.........................

Comment

Working...
                              X