GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AKTIV KAPITAL HASSLING US - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKTIV KAPITAL HASSLING US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKTIV KAPITAL HASSLING US

Hi

New to this forum, and urgently need help.

Avtiv Kapital has written to me advising that they have taken over my debt and offering me a 10% discount if I pay in full within 14 days along the lines of...

"YOU PAY £7628.89 WE PAY £1907.22 TO BE MADE NO LATER THAN 12/06/13"

It relates to a Nationwide Visa I took out in 2005 that I last made a payment to about 4 years ago.

I did write to Nationwide about a year ago requesting a copy of the CCA, to which they replied "the signature on the letter I sent did not match with the CCA"

I have not heard anything from them until this arrived and they have started calling me every day.

Anyway, can anyone help as Activ Kapital are threatening to visit my home!

Re: AKTIV KAPITAL HASSLING US

Originally posted by tiredofdebt View Post
    Hi

Avtiv Kapital has written to me advising that they have taken over my debt and offering me a 10% discount if I pay in full within 14 days along the lines of...

It relates to a Nationwide Visa I took out in 2005 that I last made a payment to about 4 years ago.

I did write to Nationwide about a year ago requesting a copy of the CCA, to which they replied "the signature on the letter I sent did not match with the CCA"

I have not heard anything from them until this arrived and they have started calling me every day.

The infamous color code repayment (non) plan, look at their site under offers/plans? not very good at all they want 98% profit either way for pennies spent by them, these thieving barstewards>
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hi tiredofdebt,
      Welcome to AAD!
      You say you have requested a CCA and not paid in 4 years? Wouldn't you rather bat them off for another 2 years until its statue barred? You are two thirds of the way through already.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        The infamous color code repayment (non) plan, look at their site under offers/plans? not very good at all they want 98% profit either way for pennies spent by them, these thieving barstewards>
        Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I have been researching this for the last two hours and your forum certainly is setting me mind at rest.

I have not admitted anything at this stage.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
          hi tiredofdebt,
          Welcome to AAD!
          You say you have requested a CCA and not paid in 4 years? Wouldn't you rather bat them off for another 2 years until its statue barred? You are two thirds of the way through already.
          Thanks Missy

Yes, I would rather bat them off, but waht would you suggest would be the best way to do this?

I don't want the swines coming round to my house and they ring me every bloody day!

Comment

Activ Kapital are threatening to visit my home!
            Why?

Have you offered them a cream tea?

Comment

I don't want the swines coming round to my house
              Why not?
              1. They most probably will not send anyone
              2. If they did send someone, there is bugger all they could do
              3. You could just tell them to bugger off and, if they did not, report them to the plods

and they ring me every bloody day!
              Look here - link - for inspiration.
              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 4 June 2013, 11:33. Reason: Adding link and removing rude joke.

Comment

Hi

Hi and welcome to AAD.....

Who owns the debt now ?

Comment

Do you have a copy of that letter you sent requesting the CCA? Do you have proof of posting? Do you have proof that it was delivered and received?

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                    Hi and welcome to AAD.....

Who owns the debt now ?
                    Hi there

I am unsure as the letter is non specific from AK

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                      Do you have a copy of that letter you sent requesting the CCA? Do you have proof of posting? Do you have proof that it was delivered and received?

SH
                      I will check through Mountain of paperwork, why do you ask?

Comment

I will check through Mountain of paperwork, why do you ask?
                        Because Nationsnide's entirely inappropriate response, and failure to provide documents within 14 days, or at any time thereafter, puts this alleged account in a state of default.

While the default endures, enforcement is prohibited.

SH

Comment

Because Nationsnide's entirely inappropriate response, and failure to provide documents within 14 days, or at any time thereafter, puts this alleged account in a state of default.

There also seems to have been no Notice of Assignment.

Comment

SH
                            I will definitely have to find their response, I just remember that they stated that as the signatures did not match on our request for CCA they would not provide (I did alter is slightly)

I will keep you posted...until then is there anything else I should do?

Comment

I will definitely have to find their response, I just remember that they stated that as the signatures did not match on our request for CCA they would not provide (I did alter is slightly)

I will keep you posted...until then is there anything else I should do?
                              Utter horseshit - your signature is not required for s.78 compliance - you can just ignore this, really - don't worry. However if they are annoying you with threats to visit then you could always send this template --> Harassment Threat of Doorstep-Visit - allaboutDEBT UK

p.s. Welcome to AAD
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X