GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aktiv Kapital Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aktiv Kapital Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aktiv Kapital Diary

Hello all

Just thought I would keep a diary on this blog cos I think this could run and run and I hope it might help others or if anyone has any advice then please feel free to comment.

It all started out of the blue March 2012 when I received a letter addressed to me but with a wrong initial. I opened it.

It was from Aktiv Kapital with an outstanding bill.

It was for a credit card which I had years ago. It was for an outstanding debt which I knew was not outstanding plus I am convinced it's a case of mistaken ID.

Anyway, I ignored it. And the diary is now like this:

Mar 2012 - Aktiv Kapital (AK) outstanding amount (initial letter)
    April 2012 - AK Still outsanding
    May 2012 - AK Special Offer 80% off!
    June 2012 - AK Reminder of special offer
    July 2012 - Buchanan Clark & Wells (BCW) - Formal Demand
    Aug 2012 - BCW - Still outsanding
    Sept 2012 - BCW Special Offer
    Oct 2012 - BCW Impending Debt collector
    Mar 2013 - Credit Security (CS) - Debt Collector

In the all the above I've ignored them - I think that's been the general advice from all forums.

But now a little twist. I received a phone call on my mobile (how on earth they got my mobile number I don't know) . I answered the phone as 'AC' and a woman said she was looking for 'Mr ABC'. (btw..these initials are just for reference). I knew immediately it was from one of the above as all the letters are addressed to 'Mr ABC', I'm simply 'AC'. I said they had the wrong number and the wrong person. They said it must be a typo and I said I don't think so. Anyway, they wanted me to confirm my address which I refused and I said again they have the wrong person and put the phone down. I've now saved their number in my phone under 'CRAP' so if 'CRAP' calls in my display I know not to answer it.

I'm betting on receiving a letter addressed to 'Mr AC' instead of 'Mr ABC'.

I will update you next month on events.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the right as the name is wrong (albeit by one letter). The debt I simply do not recognise - I have records going back to 1997! (I know, sad but true but I'm a bit of geek when it comes finance).

Will keep you informed!

RGDS
    MR AC!!

Re: Aktiv Kapital Diary

Well done on handling this so far, Polar Bear. Don't hesitate to shout if you're concerned about anything they send, eg legal threats.

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa!

I'll keep you informed!

Rgds
      Mr AC!

Comment

Hello

Another update. Today I received a phone call from Credit Security. I knew it was them as I've saved their number as 'Crap1'.

I let it ring. They left a message:

"This is a message for 'Mr ABC'. My name's Miss B could you return my call, today's the 19th March"

She then left her telephone number.

I'm going to ignore it.

I'm curious now to see how often they will phone as it was almost a week ago they last called.

Rgds
        MR AC

Comment

Hello

Another update:

21 Mar 2013 - Credit Security (CS) - Still oustanding

Rgds
          Mr AC

Comment

Hello

Another update:

Pattern developing. Phone calls are now weekly. They are from call centre staff asking for "Mr ABC". I simply confirm they have the wrong number. The last call was at 7:45PM and was from an automated recorded machine.

Oh yes and they have have also sent another letter confirming that another debt collector is going to call.

Rgds
            Mr AC

Comment

Hello

Another update and another change in tact.

Phone calls are still weekly but now they simply ask for "Mr C". In the past it was Mr 'ABC'.

Rgds
              Mr AC

Comment

Bad as my answer machine = ladies voice "This is Don" call us. from a different Company of course.
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 April 2013, 12:38.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

29-4-2013 @ 7:30 pm - automated voice message.

Comment

Quick update. Phone calls seem to have dried up. I was receiving at least one per week but now nothing for 2 weeks! I had a letter at the beginning of May from CS on pink paper! Yep! Pink paper! It was ANOTHER one off deal. They will reduce the debt by 80% if I paid NOW!!

Just had a letter from Aktiv Kapital saying they had sold my debt to another division of Aktiv Kapital - right. Just an excuse to send another letter guys!

Anyways for all of you reading this diary or for those that have just joined, my action thus far has been simply, I’ve done absolutely nothing!

No doubt more to follow next month!

Comment

I still get letters from AK for a debt that as SB many many years ago. They range from special offers, discount coupons to threats of court action etc etc. They don't give up on the letter sending but they never actually 'did anything'. Good luck.

Comment

I too just ignored things, all was fine until I got the claim via Northampton.
                        Then had to start writing for information. Also have to stick to deadlines for court. All a bit rushed at first, got extra time waiting for outcome of amex v brandon, otherwise would have been very rushed.
                        I may be wrong, but would it not be better to send the "prove it" letter or a CCA request, at least to show you are doing something? Arming yourself with information IMO is a good thing.
                        If it is SB or not owed by you, at least you can tell them to go away.

I wish I had been offered an 80% discount.....lol....more like trying to get you to admit the debt.

kuma
                        Do you think I look like Hitler?

Comment

Hello all

If ever you've seen the movie: "Battle of Britain". There's a scene in the command center showing wave after wave of German bombers coming over the channel. Everday they simply keep coming. Then the scene shows everyone around the map just waiting. No planes. They keep waiting and still no planes.

Well, it's now coming up to the end of July and nothing since May 20th. No letters, no phone calls.

Nothing.

Let's see!

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Bear View Post
                            Hello all

If ever you've seen the movie: "Battle of Britain". There's a scene in the command center showing wave after wave of German bombers coming over the channel. Everday they simply keep coming. Then the scene shows everyone around the map just waiting. No planes. They keep waiting and still no planes.

Well, it's now coming up to the end of July and nothing since May 20th. No letters, no phone calls.

Nothing.

Let's see!
                            In a word yes several times. However PB do not let your guard drop at all. We have been a long time without trouble having brought them to a standstill. Yet a simple sale of one account, the most difficult one for us has brought it all very much alive again.

regards
                            G

Comment

Hello Garlok

"Yet a simple sale of one account, the most difficult one for us has brought it all very much alive again".???

What happened?

Did Kapital go under? Were they sold?

Rgds

Comment

Working...
                              X