GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script mbna cc cca - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mbna cc cca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbna cc cca

Hi Niddy,
    I wrote to MBNA and told them about losing my job at the start of december 2012 and told them i could not pay the required amount due to no income but i would make token payments OF £5.00 until i was back in work, i asked them to only contact me via letter due to stress this request has fell on deaf ears as today alone i have had 8 calls from them and it still early evening, i also asked would they freeze the interest on the account which was also ignored.
    they wrote back asking for I&E then sent a statement with interest and charges added ! i then applied for my cca from MBNA and this is what has been sent to me, can you take a look and let me know if its enforceable please, I did see that on the original agreement/application dated 3/5.05 that it has my correct address at the time of application which is signed, but they have then sent a 2nd agreement that is at my current address which I have never seen before, not sure about it all so would be very grateful if you can take a look.
    Thanks
    tobyjug

credit card ....mbna
    date commenced 03/05/05
    balance........£16797.66
    in arrears and now overlimit due to charges being added paying token payment of £5.00 startrd 10/12/12 next payment due tomorrow ( pay the 10th of the month)
    Last edited by Deepie; 9 January 2013, 19:05.
    Tobyjug x

Re: mbna cc cca

I've removed your attachment they had your personal details on
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hi, ok thank you, i didnt know that they showed up i will block out personal details and reload.
      cheers
      tobyjug x
      Tobyjug x

Comment

tobyjug here is a guide how to upload secure documents, click on link below:-

--- > User Guide - How to Upload Documents to the Secure Area - allaboutFORUMS
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

hi again,
          tried to resend, but couldnt work out how to do it without details........i am very new to all this lol .......so i have emailed them straight to Niddy to take a look at, hope this is ok.
          Tobyjug x
          Tobyjug x

Comment

Originally posted by tobyjug View Post
            hi again,
            tried to resend, but couldnt work out how to do it without details........i am very new to all this lol .......so i have emailed them straight to Niddy to take a look at, hope this is ok.
            Tobyjug x
            That's fine ...did you put your username on ?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, yes i put it the subject line and its also in the text part of the email and i copied what i had put in the original post just to make sure lol
              Tobyjug x
              Tobyjug x

Comment

MBNA have a habit of calling from different locations - or at least thats how it comes up on mobiles 01244, 0161, Ireland.

If they persist in calling, keep a pad and pen by the phone, log all calls - I would even ask for the callers RACIF (rack if) ID - thats their log on - which they have to give you as it identifies them.

You dont have to speak to them, so ask that first ..... if you dont want to speak to them, dont. (for now anyway - Niddy / Paul might advise otherwise)

Comment

Hi Oscar, thanks for your reply, i have not been answering the call just logging them, date- time and which phone they call -home, or mobile and the numbers that they use or lack of them when they are witheld ! its funny i have had loads and loads and today nothing lol must be their day off lol lol
                  Tobyjug x
                  Tobyjug x

Comment

tobyjug, moved your thread to the UE section
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

oh well must of been mbna's day off yesterday as calls have started again !!!
                      Tobyjug x

Comment

Hi Tobyjug

If you want to establish a pattern of harassment you need to ensure you do answer the phone, however refuse to answer any security questions and make sure that on every occasion that you state you will not discuss matters on the telephone, that you wish all correspondence to be in writing, and that you consider each phone call harassment.

Each time they call clearly state to the operator that your position has not changed since their last phone call of xx:xxam/pm today/yesterday/whichever day, that you consider their actions harassment and to cease calling you.

Its very important that each time they call you that you make it clear that you consider their calls harassment. This way they cannot claim that they did not know their actions were causing you harassment or distress.

I'd also, if possible, try to find some way of recording the phone call. If its to a mobile and you have a laptop, put in on speaker and record the call using the internal microphone on your laptop for example.

When you asked them to contact you by letter did you do this in writing and did you send this via recorded delivery?

Best
                        SnV
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply, and yes i sent the letter at the start of dec 12, and sent via recorded delivery and i know they recieved it as they answered the letter with a "sorry to hear you have lost your job and you have no income, but fill in this I&E form and keep up your repayments !!!!!i have asked Niddy to take a look at my cca they sent me to see if its UE and then i was going to start answering the calls if it was UE and tell them the account was in dispute....sorry not really sure of what im doing is right or what? and didnt want to do anything until i heard from Niddy regarding cca as i didnt know what i was looking for, so dont know if is UE or not.Tobyjug x
                          Tobyjug x

Comment

Hello Tobyjug. Don't even consider using the telephone. Evrything MUST be done in writing. The scum you are dealing with operate on the very edges of the law and common decency, so best have all their nonsense written down
                            []Remember. Everytime a Soldier or Policemen loses thier job, everytime a school can't afford a book, everytime a streetlight has to be turned off - a bankers greed, incompetence and ineptitude played a large part. In Financial Services?, in a Bank? Then think on....you are helping this process along....

Comment

ok, thank you.Tobyjug x
                              Tobyjug x

Comment

Working...
                              X