GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Evening all

My old EGG card from about 2000/2001 was sold to barclays recently same as most others. They have now defaulted me leaving a debt of about 1800 quid.

This was my planned seeing as i was going UE on various other stuff.

So, i CCA'd them 3 weeks ago and then about 4 days later i got a letter from RMA saying they were instructed to collect the debt and that 'Barclaycard would not communicate with me any further regarding this account'.

So, i havent recieved any other response to my request and checking post office tracking it gives the usual still out on the network for delivery thing, which is common i think when a company makes a large pick up of their mail.

What should i do now and who should i do it with? (oo-er missus)

Should i start again, send a fresh postal order and request to RMA? I cant help if barclays pushed this out when they got my request but that is mostly my conspiratory brain working overdrive lol

Re: Barclaycard won communicate after CCA

nope, they are in default of your CCA request, I would send a sold in dispute to RMA, who shout a lot, but not a lot else

Comment

I would wait and see if you get anything back from Barclaycard as you sent the cca request before you had notification about RMA about collecting the debt.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks both.

Thing is, either way the 12 + 2 days is well and truly up so i figure i should be sending something somewhere

I feel incomplete unless i am rubbing up the banking industry these days haha

Comment

No need to send anything while they're in default of your cca request.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh okay, i thought i would have to put it into dispute or some such thing.

So my only problem is, did they get the request or not? Hopefully they did, a pound is a pound lol

Comment

They often take a lot longer than the 12+2 days (and not just Barclaycard)

You can send Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute to RMA like Dopey said, just so that you're not ignoring them.
              Last edited by Pixie; 2 June 2012, 20:34.

Comment

If you start getting hassle from RMA, you could just send them account sold in dispute letter, but let it play out for a while first, barclaycard will write back, whatever happens. Theywill either confirm your request or refer you to RMA, but they will respond in the end. IF they dont, then as i say, send RMA sold in dispute, but wait for now.

Comment

Will do chaps. I will give it a few more weeks yet then and see what pops up.

Enjoy your weekend folks

Comment

Good evening folks

Okay then, update here we go:

CCA received through post today from barclays.

They say it is a reconstituted agreement which fulfills their obligation. This in turn is 7 A4 pages of photocopied sheets of t&c's. The first page states i have the right to cancel for a short time after i have signed the agreement.

Trouble is, their isnt a signature to be seen, not even a box to sign, nor a tick box of any kind. Just copies of terms and conditions in Eggs name. I could send it to niddy but pretty sure he will just confirm that there isnt a signature or tick box anywhere.

I wonder if this is because i am pretty sure i was paying ppi on this account and i didnt know about it for a while until the missus spotted it and i cancelled? Cant guarentee this but am fairly sure. This is just a distant memory so not something i would rely on lol

Now i think i applied for this online but also think i had paperwork through to sign. Cant swear as it was in 2001 ish. At the very least i would of expected a tick box but nothing of the sort.

How does this work now then. There is nothing here to link me to this account regarding the T&C's. My name, address etc isnt anywhere, no personal details at all, just stock terms.

They also included up to date barclaycard t&c for me. How kind.

On the collection level, had a letter two days ago from RMA saying that due to my unwillingness to pay they have now washed their hands of the matter and have passed it to scotcall and i should deal with them. I will be getting a doorstep recovery apparently.

Should i be sending anything anywhere to ward off the evil interest fixers?
                    Last edited by jet set willy; 4 July 2012, 19:06.

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
                      Good evening folks

Okay then, update here we go:

They say it is a reconstituted agreement which fulfills their obligation. This in turn is 7 A4 pages of photocopied sheets of t&c's. The first page states i have the right to cancel for a short time after i have signed the agreement.

Trouble is, their isnt a signature to be seen, not even a box to sign, nor a tick box of any kind. Just copies of terms and conditions in Eggs name. I could send it to niddy but pretty sure he will just confirm that there isnt a signature or tick box anywhere.

I wonder if this is because i am pretty sure i was paying ppi on this account and i didnt know about it for a while until the missus spotted it and i cancelled? Cant guarentee this but am fairly sure. This is just a distant memory so not something i would rely on lol

Now i think i applied for this online but also think i had paperwork through to sign. Cant swear as it was in 2001 ish. At the very least i would of expected a tick box but nothing of the sort.

How does this work now then. There is nothing here to link me to this account regarding the T&C's. My name, address etc isnt anywhere, no personal details at all, just stock terms.

They also included up to date barclaycard t&c for me. How kind.

On the collection level, had a letter two days ago from RMA saying that due to my unwillingness to pay they have now washed their hands of the matter and have passed it to scotcall and i should deal with them. I will be getting a doorstep recovery apparently.

Should i be sending anything anywhere to ward off the evil interest fixers?
                      I would send this if it were me-----------> CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received

Comment

care to email me it.....
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Haha, well i say CCA in the loosest terms, like i say its just copies of terms. If you really need some bedtime reading let me know and i will scan the pages in tomorrow at work

And thanks In2Deep, i will get that sorted and posted off. Its much appreciated

Also, is it worth moving this thread to my diary which has gone a bit quiet lately? (Cue the postman with nasty letters in the morning!)

Comment

And thanks In2Deep, i will get that sorted and posted off. Its much appreciated

Also, is it worth moving this thread to my diary which has gone a bit quiet lately? (Cue the postman with nasty letters in the morning!)
                            It may jumble up on your Diary Timeline (with your date postings) if you were to have it moved there, as this keeps your thread in proportion for this particular account

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                              Up to you Jet Setter if you want this thread merged with your diary, if so these posts would sit at the bottom as last entry there was in January!
                              you answered as i was typing lol

Comment

Working...
                              X