GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Just leave it be and you'll get a NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION next, followed by other similar pointless and empty threats.

You're just another victim of their template letter machine. They ignored wot I wrote so why should you be any different?

Chin up JSW.

Comment

Aaah, they dont get me down oldyboy! They are just pure frustration though. Moan when you dont contact them and ignore you when you do.

Comment

Well goodness gracious me, not even a goodbye from moorcrap just a letter from sharklys saying wetcloths would be in touch soon and i should deal with them as a matter of urgency.

I wish you could buy stamps in bulk, i think i am going to need them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post

I wish you could buy stamps in bulk, i think i am going to need them!!!
          You can you can buy them from royal mail in bulk, which is what i do before April every year when the price goes up.

Allthough a word of warning, only buy them in rolls, if you buy booklets, they treat them as collectors items, sent from a different department, and takes weeks to deliver, yeah i know, its crazy, i can understand someone collecting replica penny blacks, but why anyone would wanna collect normal blue or gold is beyond me.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bloody hell, you learn something new everyday!! Cheers SX!

Comment

Well ignored Wetcloths first letter (i read somewhere once to always ignore first correspondence) and now they claim they they are offering to collect my doorstep.

Cheeky buggers, i know its a bit tatty but it does the job okay so if it is all the same to them i will keep it.

Comment

Well ignored Wetcloths first letter (i read somewhere once to always ignore first correspondence) and now they claim they they are offering to collect my doorstep.

Cheeky buggers, i know its a bit tatty but it does the job okay so if it is all the same to them i will keep it.
                next letter Scotcall may call for the old doorstep letter! send doorstep letter when / if they do.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well i have an offer of a discount from Wescot but this is only available if i call NOW! Of course there is no mention of what this discount may be but the only way to accept it is to call. I guess this constitute acknowledging the debt which is probably why they do it.

But this letter comes via Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors.

Anyone know anything about this bunch, are they solicitors for rent or the real deal preparing for court?

They do tell me to contact Wescot so i don’t know if i should write to them or not.

Comment

Well i have an offer of a discount from Wescot but this is only available if i call NOW! Of course there is no mention of what this discount may be but the only way to accept it is to call. I guess this constitute acknowledging the debt which is probably why they do it.

Anyone know anything about this bunch, are they solicitors for rent or the real deal preparing for court?

They do tell me to contact Wescot so i don’t know if i should write to them or not.
                    Next desk on.....

I would send them if it were me ---->Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Comment

Letter fron Nelson Guest & Partners = letter for hire @ 75p a throw/ but note contact Wescot in your reply? been sent letter from them but response with a letter date quoted is one we sent them was Wescot reply there you have it/?
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 30 March 2013, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        Next desk on.....

I would send them if it were me ---->Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                        Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        Letter fron Nelson Guest & Partners = letter for hire @ 75p a throw/ but note contact Wescot in your reply?
                        I had a feeling they may renting their letterheads out when they said i must still contact Wescot. At 75p it nice to know i have cost them something lol.

Thanks for the advice, i will send that today, i just needed to be sure Nelsons werent looking for court as a next step.

I guess the offer of a discount is quite telling, mind you so is the lack of any agreement lol

Comment

I guess the offer of a discount is quite telling, mind you so is the lack of any agreement lol

Never has a simple sentance summed up the point so well

Comment

I had a feeling they may renting their letterheads out when they said i must still contact Wescot. At 75p it nice to know i have cost them something lol.

Thanks for the advice, i will send that today, i just needed to be sure Nelsons werent looking for court as a next step.

One I use to do and still if necessary, if one writes and I can guess letter for hire, I send response back to them not who they state, they always state forwarded to ??????and in most caes cost them more than the 75p AND THEY ALWAYS MENTION REPLY WAS TO WHO EVER.
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 30 March 2013, 12:12.

Comment

Well Wetcloths have sent me a note telling me that they are investigating and will let me know in due course.

Naturally we know that this means they wont need anything more than Barclaysharks word i have an agreement but hey ho, lets see.

Strangely, two days after that letter i had another letter from Barclays with another crap copy of the terms and still no agreement telling me they have complied. The dates and everything else is the same bar one paragraph and a different signee but the result is the same. No agreement only copied terms with no link to me.

Strange they sent it again though, buy one get one free i think. What a deal, two pieces of shite for the price of one.

Still waiting on anything for my SAR request but hopefully that may shed some light on a few things.

Comment

Well my SAR has arrived and what a load of boll*cks! Disappointed is an understatement!

Only goes back to 2011 which is when Barclaycard took over from EGG.

NO agreement, no statements from EGG times but a few bits of paper that say PPI was included and was paid for two years before it was cancelled. This ties in with what i remember, i stopped it when i realised it was being paid as i definitely didnt request it.

Trouble is, there are no statements from anywhere near that era so i dont know what to do.

A successfull PPI claim could get rid of them but at the same time they dont have an agreement at all, only copied terms not relating to me at all.

Anyone want to chip in with suggestions, i mean if i applied for the PPI then how would a figure be determined? Am i better off sitting it out.

Oh bugger, i need a beer and its only thursday....

Comment

Working...
                                X