GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard won communicate after CCA

Aaah, we will leave it here then. Cheers chaps :-)

Comment

Pay the tenner and go for subject access request! since Judge Wacksman they can and will send you any crap they like. Barclaycard will have to send you all information they hold on you. But will they? Totally corrupt and discredited organisation in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
        Thanks both.

Thing is, either way the 12 + 2 days is well and truly up so i figure i should be sending something somewhere

I feel incomplete unless i am rubbing up the banking industry these days haha

your avatar is really funny , makes me laugh each time i see it

Comment

Re: Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Haha, it shows my age to some people perhaps. Its just jet set willy who was in a game from the spectrum in the 80's who avoided the tax man. Not representative i might add but i do love my old computer games ;-)

Comment

Used to love the old fax noise from the tape recorder hook-up preying it wouldn't crash. Horace and the spiders crashed a lot whereas pacman and horace goes skiing loaded first time everytime.

Memories eh! The spectrum ZX that had the keys that fell out lol
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Me and my brother would sit there while we waited for a game to load in total silence without moving in the hope that the damn thing would work this time lol.

Such beautiful naivety haha. (Or we we were just a pair of superstitious numptys lol)

Comment

When 3.5" floppy came out, you got 10 spectrum games on it that loaded in seconds. Much better.

Around ooooh 1979/1980 maybe...?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I you want something to do....

Manic Miner for Windows

I have it on my work pc

Comment

I loved Manic Miner!!

and Jet Set Willy

I remember loading daly thomsons supertest on the speccy, took around 30 minutes to load, then it would crash and you realised you loaded the wrong side of the tape, d'oh!
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      When 3.5" floppy came out, you got 10 spectrum games on it that loaded in seconds. Much better.

Around ooooh 1979/1980 maybe...?
                      3.5" drive 79/80 is a well bit early. I had a 5 1/4 " drive with my C64( a much better machine the the speccy) in 1984.

Comment

3.5" was mid 80's i believe, but wasnt what we know it to be today, it first started off with a tape reel like center, you know the white plastic bit tapes use to roll the strip round. it wasnt until the 286 /386 that 3.5" discs changed.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And i thought i was the only nerd around here lol

Comment

Incidentally, Barclaycard have replied with a four page letter stating they have fulfilled their commitments and quoted the relevant passages that they dont have to supply a signature etc.

Mind you, an empty signature box would be a start. I feel they have omitted that section for a reason. PPI maybe lol.

Anyway, as they say, they have the right to resume collections.

Surely if they had a signature they would provide it? It must be counter productive not to. They could put all this to bed now if they have one.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              3.5" was mid 80's i believe, but wasn't what we know it to be today, it first started off with a tape reel like centre, you know the white plastic bit tapes use to roll the strip round. it wasn't until the 286 /386 that 3.5" discs changed.
                              The first 3.5 " discs I used was on 8086 in the computer lab at uni in about 85/86. It was a MSDOS machine , we even had windows 1!!!!!

This is the system Barclaycard probably use today to store docs on

The first machine I had with a 3.5" disc drive was a C128 and then a atari ST

Comment

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
                                Surely if they had a signature they would provide it? It must be counter productive not to. They could put all this to bed now if they have one.
                                so what does that tell you ?

Comment

Working...
                                X