GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard won't communicate after CCA

Originally posted by jet set willy View Post
    Incidentally, Barclaycard have replied with a four page letter stating they have fulfilled their commitments and quoted the relevant passages that they dont have to supply a signature etc.

Mind you, an empty signature box would be a start. I feel they have omitted that section for a reason. PPI maybe lol.

Anyway, as they say, they have the right to resume collections.

Surely if they had a signature they would provide it? It must be counter productive not to. They could put all this to bed now if they have one.

Correct, usually if they have it, they say something like, "however for the avoidance of doubt we have supplied you with the signature page of your agreement"

That being said, they dont need a signature, just the terms and agreement
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      so what does that tell you ?

To ignore them and continue messing around with my 3.5 inch floppy?

Comment

Oh well, another day another letter from RMA on behalf of Barclaycard saying that since i am unwilling to sort this out they will give me 30 days to get in touch before they send the account back to barclays recommending legal action. That was about a week ago.

In their defence they probably dont know that barclays sent me a load of rubbish in the guise of a cca but even so, i feel i should respond with something.

Any pointers? Always best to head off legal action as early as possible i should imagine
        Mind you, i am hoping Barclays know the state of play at the moment and that is enough for now!

Comment

When they first made contact did you send a sold in dispute?

Comment

Tell them to go forth and multiply........... only joking
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              When they first made contact did you send a sold in dispute?
              No i didnt because at that time i was still waiting for barclays to reply to my cca request. They dragged their feet a bit.

Should i send them an in dispute letter now perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                Tell them to go forth and multiply........... only joking
                What? They do maths as well!!

Clever DCA, clever DCA

Comment

No i didnt because at that time i was still waiting for barclays to reply to my cca request. They dragged their feet a bit.

Should i send them an in dispute letter now perhaps?
                  I would----------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Comment

Ok, when a new DCA makes contact I would always send a sold in dispute, it's sometimes enough to see them off there and then. Basically RMA don't know it's in dispute until you tell em, if you get my drift. I would probably send it off now although it sounds like RMA are returning to Barclaycard, paper trail paper trail paper trail!!!

Comment

Will do I2D, i will make sure i write it out in crayon for them haha

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        Ok, when a new DCA makes contact I would always send a sold in dispute, it's sometimes enough to see them off there and then. Basically RMA don't know it's in dispute until you tell em, if you get my drift. I would probably send it off now although it sounds like RMA are returning to Barclaycard, paper trail paper trail paper trail!!!

Cheers MrsD, i always keep the letters so when i get older i can reminisce

Comment

Evening folks, lovely evening outside but business beckons me to the keyboard for a mini update!

As recommended i sent an in dispute letter to NCO (RMA) to which they replied on very nice paper they would investigate and let me know the outcome.

Needless to say they didnt but Barclays sent me a letter saying Moorcrap would be dealing with this and they would be in contact soon.

True to their word, today i recieve a letter from moorcrap saying this letter is a legal requirement for legal action and even if not read by me they feel it fulfills this objective. Pay up or contact us with seven days to arrange payment else the dogs will be unleashed (legal action recommended)

They then draw my attention to what a judgement would mean WHEN they get one.

Best get a letter off i think, would i be looking at the same one as before saying it was in dispute? It says a claim 'may' be issued without further notice so best not give them the idea i dont care i think!

Comment

Evening folks, lovely evening outside but business beckons me to the keyboard for a mini update!

As recommended i sent an in dispute letter to NCO (RMA) to which they replied on very nice paper they would investigate and let me know the outcome.

Needless to say they didnt but Barclays sent me a letter saying Moorcrap would be dealing with this and they would be in contact soon.

True to their word, today i recieve a letter from moorcrap saying this letter is a legal requirement for legal action and even if not read by me they feel it fulfills this objective. Pay up or contact us with seven days to arrange payment else the dogs will be unleashed (legal action recommended)

They then draw my attention to what a judgement would mean WHEN they get one.

Best get a letter off i think, would i be looking at the same one as before saying it was in dispute? It says a claim 'may' be issued without further notice so best not give them the idea i dont care i think!
                            Account sold letter........ thats what I would do.............

Comment

Account sold letter........ thats what I would do.............
                              Thanks I2D, is that okay even if they havent sold the account and have just farmed it out to the nearest pack of baying bloodthirsty hounds?

Comment

yeah, it makes no difference, send that letter off to whoever is contacting you, i.e moorcroft.

Comment

Working...
                                X