Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt....

Hi there
    i have had a couple of credit card debts in the past.
    my dad paid the two he knew about off, and i currently pay him £200 a month, to pay thos back.
    today i have received a letter from a company acting on behalf of natwest to who i owe £3800, and i want to know what i should do.,
    i have been posting on MSE, and i think the best thing to do first, is send the enforceability letter?
    I havent been in touch with them for over a year.
    What is the best thing to do?
    Thanks

Re: Debt....

it depends ..
    Have you been defaulted by Natwest on the card? if so When?
    Was the card taken out _pre_ April 2007?

Read through the Unenforceibility thread _before_ making a decision to go down that route. Also it helps if you write up about any other debts you may have, and Niddy and the crew will attempt to help on the whole lot in one hit

Comment

Hi there
      Yes it has been defaulted...
      31/12/2009 was the date, and they have only just got in contact with me.
      And it was taken out in Sept 08.
      I still have a right to ask for a copy of the agreement and check its sections correct?
      And i also have a £490 debt to vodaphone, but they havent found my new address yet, however this has recently (2months ago, defualted)

Comment

As Stevie says read the UE guide see here--> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8

Then read here for the information you need to provide--> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Comment

Type of account Credit Card
          Date commenced Sept 08
          Approx balance £3900
          Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) about a year ago.
          Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying
          Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) default
          Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) dca, fredrickson international
          cheers

Comment

Hiya

This was taken Sept 2008 so forget UE, it will be enforceable - I bet my life on it. You really need to look to agree to some repayment term, whether that be a F&F Offer or a regular monthly amount - in any case, you mustn't ignore it unless you feel you can "hide" for the next 5yrs til it becomes Statute Barred?.....

Sorry but you're wasting both yours, and their time by requesting a CCA cos they will comply with CCA - guaranteed.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
              Hiya

This was taken Sept 2008 so forget UE, it will be enforceable - I bet my life on it. You really need to look to agree to some repayment term, whether that be a F&F Offer or a regular monthly amount - in any case, you mustn't ignore it unless you feel you can "hide" for the next 5yrs til it becomes Statute Barred?.....

Sorry but you're wasting both yours, and their time by requesting a CCA cos they will comply with CCA - guaranteed.
              I dont think i can hide... lol... ive lived at a new address for 3 weeks and they found me loll
              i know most of the balance on this account is charges, is there anything i can do about that?
              And is it not worth sending the CCA letter anyway? as that way it gives 12 days (maybe 30) for them to leave me alone?

Comment

You might want to check out the DMP part of the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by edwardw
                  I dont think i can hide... lol... ive lived at a new address for 3 weeks and they found me lol... i know most of the balance on this account is charges, is there anything i can do about that?
                  And is it not worth sending the CCA letter anyway? as that way it gives 12 days (maybe 30) for them to leave me alone?
                  Hiya, if it is primarily made up of charges then reclaim your charges - see here for details: ---> viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53

As for sending the CCA - why bother? They will leave you alone anyway, they have no option but to leave you alone - although they will write to you, which is fine. So send a reclaim to the lender and if the account is being managed by a DCA then write to the DCA and explain you're disputing the balance and reclaiming unlawful charges and will deal direct with the lender. Send them a copy of your reclaim letter, that will be sent to the bank, to keep them in the loop.

best of luck.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, ive looked at that thread, im having trouble seeing the subject access request on that thread, can you post a direct link...
                    and am i correct in saying that i need to send the SAR off, which will list all statements and charges? And then ask for these to be refunded.

Comment

Also im reading different things
                      is the SAR fee £10 or £1?
                      THanks

Comment

viewtopic.php?p=2312#p2312

It is £10 for a SAR..... the link does work, maybe it dies temporarily...!

Comment

Working...
                        X